2014/2015 Canada / New England & Bermuda NOW OPEN for Captains Club Members !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Heads Up : Celebrity has opened Canada / New England & Bermuda earlier than expected, and it's now available for EARLY BOOKING for Captains Club Members only.

Hoping they do the same thing for Northern Europe booking.

After 55 minutes with Celebrity, talking with them and on hold, they confirm that the Open Passages is combinable with this offer, and they are adding it to my reservation. Thanks to those who brought it to my attention. I guess it pays to read the fine print. :)

I just booked and called Celebrity for some more clarification. There are no prices posted, so when I asked about my 7 night cruise to Bermuda, I was told that the $100 savings was taken off the cruise price. Additionally, I won't be able to use the OBC for booking with my Open Passage nor the Stock OBC. :confused::confused:

I guess I'll just have to transfer the booking to a travel agent and see what they will give me for OBC.

After 55 minutes with Celebrity, talking with them and on hold, they confirm that the Open Passages is combinable with this offer, and they are adding it to my reservation. Thanks to those who brought it to my attention. I guess it pays to read the fine print. :)

Glad you got that straightened out Mike. That's the way I read it also. I got the pricing on mine from our TA on the invoice. I didn't know what it was before hand though, and have no idea what the prices are other than Cat 6. I just wanted to reserve a room, got 3112 on the Summit.

Glad you got that straightened out Mike. That's the way I read it also. I got the pricing on mine from our TA on the invoice. I didn't know what it was before hand though, and have no idea what the prices are other than Cat 6. I just wanted to reserve a room, got 3112 on the Summit.

I got the same room also (again). We're on the 25 May 2014 sailing. We were going to go for AQ - one of the new staterooms on Deck 11 (1140 with the huge balcony), but it was just way too much for a 7-day cruise.

Does anyone know if I transfer a booking that I made with an Open Passages to one of the these new cruises if I will be able to combine the Passages with this new offer? Thanks, Shirley

I didn't have a booking but just an open passage. I would guess you could cancel your booking that you used the open passage, and it would still be good if you rebooked one of these new offers.

I just booked the 24 August 2014 to Bermuda, we were able to transfer our OBC from a cancelled cruise, plus we were given the discount. The really good thing is that we are able to reserve the cabin that we wanted, 1138, as well. I'm hoping that the price will drop before 2014, on this years cruise 12 May 2013, the price dropped $450.00 from the day we booked it.

I called Celebrity and was told there wqas no OBC.

I got a rate that was identical to last years rate with NO OBC.

It seems the advertisement talks about OBC based on the room choice and length of sailing.....but Celebrity says no OBC.........

I called Celebrity and was told there wqas no OBC.

I got a rate that was identical to last years rate with NO OBC.

It seems the advertisement talks about OBC based on the room choice and length of sailing.....but Celebrity says no OBC.........

They told me they quoted me a price that was $100 ($50pp) off their normal price for my 7-night cruise. It seems their advertisement is a reduction in price they are going to offer, not OBC, although they did give me the $100 OBC for using my Open Passage. They were a little confused and conflicted with this new offer.

Captain's Club members in the UK have Priority Access to our new Bermuda and Canada/New England sailings as well as an exclusive member offer. Please call 0844 493 2045 or your travel agent for details. An email was sent yesterday announcing the opening of Priority Access for our UK members so if you did not receive a communication please make sure you sign up for the latest news and member offers.

UK members can sign up for email here:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/email-updates

We got the same e-mail. I suppose you have to call for rates. There was no link to book on line.

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your post. It made my day. As you recall, I had asked you last week if you had any insight on which Celebrity ships would be deployed on the Canada/New England itinerary for 2014. I was hoping for a Solstice class would be there ...but the Summit will again be there for the short season of Sept/Oct.

This afternoon I booked the Summit through my TA. Got the C1 stateroom I wanted and was able to use my "open passage" certificate for the deposit and OBCs. You are right, there is no information on Celebrity's website about the early booking program for Captains Club (CC) members only, even after I logged in. The only way to book now is direct with CC or through a TA via phone.

Again, thanks Andy for your post!!!

Bob

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your post. It made my day. As you recall, I had asked you last week if you had any insight on which Celebrity ships would be deployed on the Canada/New England itinerary for 2014. I was hoping for a Solstice class would be there ...but the Summit will again be there for the short season of Sept/Oct.

This afternoon I booked the Summit through my TA. Got the C1 stateroom I wanted and was able to use my "open passage" certificate for the deposit and OBCs. You are right, there is no information on Celebrity's website about the early booking program for Captains Club (CC) members only, even after I logged in. The only way to book now is direct with CC or through a TA via phone.

Again, thanks Andy for your post!!!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes - I recall your question, and I'm happy to be of assistance. While the S-Class ships are absolutely beautiful, I'm a huge fan of the M-Class as well, and Summit is a great ship. I'm very confident you will be happy.

Thank You for your kind comments, and enjoy your Cruise !

I just booked the 24 August 2014 to Bermuda, we were able to transfer our OBC from a cancelled cruise, plus we were given the discount. The really good thing is that we are able to reserve the cabin that we wanted, 1138, as well. I'm hoping that the price will drop before 2014, on this years cruise 12 May 2013, the price dropped $450.00 from the day we booked it.

Looks like the 2 of us are on this voyage. Roll call has started.

Hi Bob,

Yes - I recall your question, and I'm happy to be of assistance. While the S-Class ships are absolutely beautiful, I'm a huge fan of the M-Class as well, and Summit is a great ship. I'm very confident you will be happy.

Hi Andy,

We have been on the Constellation and the Millennium and love them both....so we will really enjoy the Summit. Hey, you're on a cruise what's not to like on any ship!!!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Absolutely right on!!!! M Class ships are perfect for this cruise!!! We scored FVs for both of our trips and they were worth the price!!!!!! I think Andy was down the hall for one of them??!!!

I just booked and called Celebrity for some more clarification. There are no prices posted, so when I asked about my 7 night cruise to Bermuda, I was told that the $100 savings was taken off the cruise price. Additionally, I won't be able to use the OBC for booking with my Open Passage nor the Stock OBC. :confused::confused:

I guess I'll just have to transfer the booking to a travel agent and see what they will give me for OBC.

Why would you not be able to use your stock holdings for OBC?

Charles

Why would you not be able to use your stock holdings for OBC?

Charles

Hi Charles,

The Shareholder OBC is not combinable with other Celebrity offers. As the new deployment offers include an OBC, it would not be combinable.

With that said, it's possible the Shareholder OBC might be higer than what's available with the new offer, and you are allowed to choose whichever is higher.

I hope this helps !

Hi Charles,

The Shareholder OBC is not combinable with other Celebrity offers. As the new deployment offers include an OBC, it would not be combinable.

With that said, it's possible the Shareholder OBC might be higer than what's available with the new offer, and you are allowed to choose whichever is higher.

I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy. That clarifies the issue. My next question is if I were to transfer to my travel agent would I lose the CC pre announcement offer? If this is the case I assume I would be better off declining the pre announcement price and taking the shareholder benefit since the pre price is $200 and the benefit is $250.....we're not talking "big" mony here.

Charles

Hi Charles,

I hope this helps !

I thought the offer was just a price reduction based on length of cruise? There is an OBC too? Or am I misunderstanding something? It sounds like the same offer they had two years ago where you had an amount taken off the final price, but no OBC was given.

I thought the offer was just a price reduction based on length of cruise? There is an OBC too? Or am I misunderstanding something? It sounds like the same offer they had two years ago where you had an amount taken off the final price, but no OBC was given.

Yes, no OBC but you had an amount taken off the final price. I'll be anxious to see all the prices when they post them later this month.

I also read the offer as a price reduction, no on board credit but it can be combined with an open passages. I would really like to check the sailings on line before booking, esp since we want to do a cruise tour.

Mary Lou

Hi Brfan,

You're right. It appears to be a price reduction and not an OBC. Sorry for any confusion.

Archived