What has changed?

Our first and only other cruise (cruising on the Independence on March 16th) was on The Enchantment 6 years again. During that cruise Chops was 20.00 a person (30.00 now), there was no alcohol package( our tab for the 5 nights was over 800.00), and there was a midnight Chocolate buffet (gone with the wind)....anything else I am missing? What am I going to miss?

I did Enchantment 2 years ago. It was my first cruise and I LOVED it. I do remember there being some kind of midnight buffet one night that had a lot of chocolate on it. So I can't really say what's changed, but it's still a great time.

Our first and only other cruise (cruising on the Independence on March 16th) was on The Enchantment 6 years again. During that cruise Chops was 20.00 a person (30.00 now), there was no alcohol package( our tab for the 5 nights was over 800.00), and there was a midnight Chocolate buffet (gone with the wind)....anything else I am missing? What am I going to miss?

No chocolates on the bed, no ice in the stateroom unless you ask, automatic gratuites now, no price drops after final payment date, no free mailed cruise docs or luggage tags. I'm probably missing a few things.

Really that seems weard. Do they have Ice machines down the hall so you can get your own.

We always request ice at the beginning of the cruise, and the room steward filled the ice bucket twice a day without us ever having to request further. Never saw an ice machine.

Teddie

Really that seems weard. Do they have Ice machines down the hall so you can get your own.

No, the ice machines are not accessible by guests. The stateroom attendant will fill your ice bucket twice a day, you just have to mention that once the first time you meet them.

No ice machines! (Think what a nightmare self service ice machines would be to clean in the the event of a noro outbreak.:eek:) We always want ice, so when we meet our cabin steward on the first day of the cruise, we let him/her know that we use a lot of ice and would appreciate it both morning and evening. So far, it's worked fine. We tip for this service too!:)

I think the reason they stopped bringing it automatically to every cabin had a lot to do with folks who didn't use it. The steward had to dump out an ice bucket of water and refill it with ice every time he/she came to do the room. We had a room steward tell us that about half his rooms don't use ice.

Just let your cabin steward know you want it every day, and you should get it.

Judy

Archived