games already at customs?

I am not sure what you are asking? Are you asking if U.S. Customs and Immigration process people in Barcelona. I did not think the U.S. provides Customs and Immigrations services in Europe (Barcelona)l. If U.S. customs is not in Barcelona, then ANY delay, should one occur, will happen after you land in the U.S..

In Toronto we are processed through U.S. Customs at the Toronto airport (and the other major cities in Canada as well). This is because so many of the flights are between the U.S. and Canada. We have an entire area that is separate from other international flights just for flights to the U.S.. They will not mix passengers to the U.S. with other international passengers and I do not believe that they have this setup in Europe.

Besides CBP pre clearance in numerous Canada and Caribbean airports, CBP pre clearance is also in Shannon and Dublic Ireland airports. Sorry, nothing in Barcelona.

When we were on the maiden voyage of the Allure there was a lot of non-U.S. people on the ship which really backed things while the U.S. line was almost empty. They decided to move the Canadians over to the U.S. citizen line. This happened just as we were getting into the non-U.S. line. Then next May on the Allure we went through the non-U.S. line as there were far fewer non-U.S. citizens. It was my impression that they look at the lines and make decisions on the fly.

We are Canadian and in January after our Allure cruise the non-US line was HUGE. Hundreds long. They were letting Canadians go through with the US people which was a short line of maybe 50 people. When we got to the front of the line they then send us to whatever agent was available. We were actually sent to a non-US agent.

They appear to go with the flow to a certain point.

Andrew

After traveling the globe for a while, we usually find the the slowest border patrol service ....is right back in the good ol' US OF A:rolleyes:

Honestly, most developing nations we've visited are more organized and offer a greater feeling of security than what we experience here. Sorry exceptionalists, that just how we've experienced it!

One possibility, it's a good job in places were there is little economic opportunity, and not so much here. Not critizing individuals who work hard, but in the whole that's how it's gone!

Yes I have to agree, the worst place we have ever disembarked was in Florida, in fact my BIL said never again!!!!! That said when we disembarked in Fort Lauderdale last Jan it was bad at all.!!! Typical when BIL was not there:)

This is a cruising board, not a political board.

Y'all are annoying.

:(

It's fair game to talk about a political issue with respect to how it affects (or may affect) your cruise experience. If you are not interested in the conversation, that's fine, but there's no need to be annoyed by it. :cool:

Archived