I need new friends

mumtopugs

Sounds like we need to set up some sort of connect network! Haha! My relationship status is "it's complicated" so taking a significant other is not an option. My son is 17, works part time and goes to school full time. We cruised together in January but I doubt I can get him away from work and school all in the same week again... And then I pay 100% expenses for two people. I would like to cruise "solo" and not necessarily a "singles" thing. I am not opposed to going solo but I could literally go twice as much if I had a travel buddy and didn't have to pay the single supplement. Really, I think we should start some sort of roomie network!! :-)

So ready to cruise. Everyone I know is too busy or facing financial challenges and I have no one to go with! I could cruise a lot if I only had to pay my way. I seriously need to find cruise pals!

I know the feeling....i have a job that allows me lots of time off and I even get special benefits that come along with my job....and cruise discounts and yet i cannot get people to go with me lol...it's always something in the way. maybe you and i should become pals lol.

We need to keep in touch Tennessee Rose! I would also cruise more if I had a cruise pal to share a cabin with. I'm also in TN. :)

And I'm another TN girl that could use a cruising buddy. Only problem is, I like to sleep with the TV on low. :-) I could share my Platinum perks with a roomie like early embarkation though. I'm Middle TN and use BNA airport. Looking at late April CCL cruise......

I'm not looking for other singles just other solos with mutual interest of cruising, meeting new people and having a lot of fun getting together, if so desired.

I would be interested too! I like cruising with my husband and son but it would be nice to do a girls/solo cruise too.

I know the feeling. Probably all but one of my cruises I paid for both people in the cabin. I am even paying for 5 cabins on our upcoming May family cruise.

I want to try NCL Epic but airfare eats up any savings so if the Epic ever came to Galveston I will try it out.

It's hard to find someone your comfortable with to cruise with if you don't know them. I have cruised several times alone after paying for two persons and the other person couldn't go. My bf won't cruise so I cruise with friends and family.

Hello, Also from VA and also looking for other cruisers! I know this is the Carnival board, but, Royal Caribbean frequently has single supplements less than 100% Also, of course, the Norwegian Epic, the studio is available for $599 a week sometimes, but, all I keep reading is dark, smoky ship with low ceilings, etc. Unless people are in the Haven, they just do not seem to like it? :confused: For a good list of single deals, go to ************* dotcom, you have to register, but they show upfront what the supplement is.

FYI a somewhat active solo section here on cc. I personally enjoy cruising with family, friends, or my 3,000 other friends that let me do what I want when I want! No herding cats!

Have a BD cruise coming up with about 20 folks so I booked the week before so I could enjoy it! Plus not my problem how anyone gets to thE ship,etc. see you on the ship!

and other parts!!! My pals have family or i$$ues, or $$ and time..etc. I Dont!

If only I could change "MY"PLANS" to accommodate theirs....NOT !!!

I get Interline rates, and it is good for all in the cabin...I had a Christmas fix-up..Disaster....F of a F from here..but she didnt know her!...I cruze from Jax/TPA, NOLA or PCanav. as I can drive there.

I have my certain days that I go...every year, and usually 6-9 x a year. Some I have offered the cabin paid, if they pay tips, 1/2 park, hotel, gas and still, with the tired old excuses..about $150 out of their pocket vs taxes and 2 bed cabin. I will continue to cruze no matter what it takes.judi, NW Fla panhandle near P'cola.

I did one of those "singles cruises" a few years ago. It was not bad, they did try to keep the male/female ratio equal but that is about it. The age groups were not even close. Most of the males were in the 30-40 range with the under 30's and over 50's made up the rest. On the female side most of the women were in the 40+ range and small under 30 and 30-40 groups. Most of the under 30 women were in groups to get the cheap rates and the 30-40 yo's had their "pick of the litter" if they wanted it. It got so bad I just gave up and did my own thing. Every time I (and a couple other guys I was hanging with felt the same way) would start talking to a lady, there would be about 3-4 other guys circling the runway just waiting for a landing slot.

Now I just go by myself. Being that i can take time off whenever I want to I don't have to rely on others vacation scheds. I booked an Alaska cruise for sep a couple weeks ago for myself. I found that by going on "off peak" times I saved big time, even with the single sup. Going in Sep cost me about half of what going in jun/jul would have.

I'm not looking for other singles just other solos with mutual interest of cruising, meeting new people and having a lot of fun getting together, if so desired.

Here... Here.

Don't want to do the "singles" (hook up) thing... Just seeking other solo cruisers.

Here... Here.

Don't want to do the "singles" (hook up) thing... Just seeking other solo cruisers.

Understood and I wouldn't be looking for the dreaded "singles" either. Nevertheless, I urge you to look up singles cruises.... I just found two that specifically mention "make friends". I'm sure you could work within that search and find something. You're just trying to share cabin costs and hopefully not eat dinner alone every single night.

Not all of us are "single" but still would like to cruise with a group of girls. Let me just say, its so much fun! No one to look after but yourself. :D A totally, "its all about me" vacation.

I did one of those "singles cruises" a few years ago. It was not bad, they did try to keep the male/female ratio equal but that is about it. The age groups were not even close. Most of the males were in the 30-40 range with the under 30's and over 50's made up the rest. On the female side most of the women were in the 40+ range and small under 30 and 30-40 groups. Most of the under 30 women were in groups to get the cheap rates and the 30-40 yo's had their "pick of the litter" if they wanted it. It got so bad I just gave up and did my own thing. Every time I (and a couple other guys I was hanging with felt the same way) would start talking to a lady, there would be about 3-4 other guys circling the runway just waiting for a landing slot.

Now I just go by myself. Being that i can take time off whenever I want to I don't have to rely on others vacation scheds. I booked an Alaska cruise for sep a couple weeks ago for myself. I found that by going on "off peak" times I saved big time, even with the single sup. Going in Sep cost me about half of what going in jun/jul would have.

rather people who want to, do not want to, cruise SOLO. ..with no one to join them as their roomie, I"ve never even considered a "singles cruise"..and dont wish to!

Not all of us are "single" but still would like to cruise with a group of girls. Let me just say, its so much fun! No one to look after but yourself. :D A totally, "its all about me" vacation.

Totally agree. I still want to do my own thing.

Girls just wanna have fun!

I hear ya guys. DH isn't a fan and doesn't get as much vacay time as me anyway. Would love to cruise more often. I have cruised solo and really enjoy it, but it is nice to have a friend to hang with once in a while.

I know about these, but they're more geared towards the 'singles' thing. I'm more of a solo thing. :) There is a difference. And to be honest, can't imagine sharing a cabin with a complete stranger. :eek: Too many possible problems.

OHHH now I understand! I am by no means single! I am very happily married so this is not going to be an option for me. Plus there is no way I would cabin share with a stranger either!

OHHH now I understand! I am by no means single! I am very happily married so this is not going to be an option for me. Plus there is no way I would cabin share with a stranger either!

I don't like the single supplement but would rather pay it than room with a stranger. There are familly members I wouldn't have for roomies. HAHA!

I don't like the single supplement but would rather pay it than room with a stranger. There are familly members I wouldn't have for roomies. HAHA!

I agree! I hope carnival builds studio rooms like NCL on day. I only live a few hours from Galveston so I could cruise a lot more! I offered my friend to just pay the 3rd person far ($360) to come with me on the breeze and she could not afford it. I am already paying full price for me and my toddler and you can't come up with $360?

whom I had only "met up" with (no prior planning). We were on a Jan cruze, and I asked if she'd like to join me !......we had spent lots of time on Lido chatting in our 12 cruzes past....it was a wonderful experience! We'll do it again ! That was lucky....!

And I'm another TN girl that could use a cruising buddy. Only problem is, I like to sleep with the TV on low. :-) I could share my Platinum perks with a roomie like early embarkation though. I'm Middle TN and use BNA airport. Looking at late April CCL cruise......

That's great! I am also in Middle TN. That makes it convenient to meet before deciding to cruise together.

Will be leaving for vacation next week, so April will be too soon for me to plan another. I would like to go on another one this year though. :D

Archived