I need new friends

mumtopugs

Solo cruising is fun but I more the merrier right? Lol I'm in the same boat no pun intended. I can never get the same time off as my friends. Like the screen name. I had a pug but it was to high maintenance for me. Couldn't keep him bathed enough to not stink lol

So ready to cruise. Everyone I know is too busy or facing financial challenges and I have no one to go with! I could cruise a lot if I only had to pay my way. I seriously need to find cruise pals!

You and me both. That's why I have a such a huge gap between my first and 2nd cruise. I did do a lot of land vacations though. But I was definitely hooked after my 1st cruise, but all of my friends were wusses...telling me they couldn't be on the water for 7 days.

Anyone, I finally "grew a pair" and I'm booked on my first solo cruise in July!!!!! But it would help my bank account to have a traveling friend!

Yep, I'm in that same boat! Been wishing for a while I had a regular cruise pal to share a cabin with, to split the cost. Every time I look at sailing by myself the cost of that single supplement stops me every time! :eek: Don't have single friends who want to sail as much as I do. Which would be at the drop of a hat!

I have had the same issue, but luckily, my current BF loves to cruise. We will be doing two raises this summer, and I am doing a third with some girlfriends. We will all be cruising for my 35th born day in December. That will make five cruises in 12 months.

The fact that the current BF loves to travel gives him more cool points than he will ever know! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solo cruising is the best! You don't necessary need new friends. Bunking with people you don't know or someone who just says yeah, lets go on a cruise isn't always the answer either. While getting along going out for a drink might work out and fun, sharing a room for a week is a different story.:)

Check out the solo board at the link below if you haven't already.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

Happy cruising!

So ready to cruise. Everyone I know is too busy or facing financial challenges and I have no one to go with! I could cruise a lot if I only had to pay my way. I seriously need to find cruise pals!

I'm in the same "boat".

OK... how do I say this without mentioning the name... there is a TA who advertises heavily on CC and they have singles cruises. I cruised with them once (not "with" them but they were on my cruise). OMG- they were having SUCH a good time. I saw their cabin crawl, their parties- there were signs up everywhere for their organized activities. I would definitely try them out. Just surf around, you'll find a good cruise. They can pair you up with someone to room with, too, so you don't get hit with the single supplement.

I think all of you "in the same boat" should take a cruise together! :)

I was going to suggest the same thing. If you all can somehow communicate off this site, maybe you could work something out.

Some of you may be very compatible, enough to cruise together.

Hope things work out for ALL of you. ;)

Get married and have some children, and you will never be alone.:p

I have a kid and a husband. DH hates to cruise so he stays home with the kiddo. All my friends always claim they are broke and can't afford to go on a cruise. This time I am dragging my mother along. Next time I am just getting a single room on the Epic. I don't cruise as often as I would like b/c DH hates it. I vowed life is too short and I am going to start going every year now, by myself.

there are always people on single's cruises who aren't looking to hook up. just say at dinner or the mixer you aren't interested and 99.9% of fellow singles will leave you alone because they don't want to look like a a$$ to everyone else. if you are drop dead gorgeous i guess you will have to suffer through people trying to pick you up.

unfortunately even the cheapest singles cruises usually aren't as cheap as the cheapest of cheap cruises you can find if you already have a cabin mate and flexible time to cruise.

OK... how do I say this without mentioning the name... there is a TA who advertises heavily on CC and they have singles cruises. I cruised with them once (not "with" them but they were on my cruise). OMG- they were having SUCH a good time. I saw their cabin crawl, their parties- there were signs up everywhere for their organized activities. I would definitely try them out. Just surf around, you'll find a good cruise. They can pair you up with someone to room with, too, so you don't get hit with the single supplement.

Crap...I wish you could say their name!

I have a kid and a husband. DH hates to cruise so he stays home with the kiddo. All my friends always claim they are broke and can't afford to go on a cruise. This time I am dragging my mother along. Next time I am just getting a single room on the Epic. I don't cruise as often as I would like b/c DH hates it. I vowed life is too short and I am going to start going every year now, by myself.

Awe. :( My DH does not hate it, but he is not as much of a fan as I am. I just love to travel. I keep trying to convince him that its our best vacation option considering the age of our DD (2). Leaving her with someone is not an option now and there are not many vacations that offer camp and child care for a toddler. I think DH would be just as good staying home, but not me. I like to go places. :cool: I do not have any other cruising buddies, so if I don't take DH and DD, I don't go.

Yep, I'm in that same boat! Been wishing for a while I had a regular cruise pal to share a cabin with, to split the cost. Every time I look at sailing by myself the cost of that single supplement stops me every time! :eek: Don't have single friends who want to sail as much as I do. Which would be at the drop of a hat!

We need to keep in touch Tennessee Rose! I would also cruise more if I had a cruise pal to share a cabin with. I'm also in TN. :)

I hear ya guys. DH isn't a fan and doesn't get as much vacay time as me anyway. Would love to cruise more often. I have cruised solo and really enjoy it, but it is nice to have a friend to hang with once in a while.

there is a TA who advertises heavily on CC and they have singles cruises. I cruised with them once (not "with" them but they were on my cruise). OMG- they were having SUCH a good time. I saw their cabin crawl, their parties- there were signs up everywhere for their organized activities. I would definitely try them out. Just surf around, you'll find a good cruise. They can pair you up with someone to room with, too, so you don't get hit with the single supplement.

I know about these, but they're more geared towards the 'singles' thing. I'm more of a solo thing. :) There is a difference. And to be honest, can't imagine sharing a cabin with a complete stranger. :eek: Too many possible problems.

I know about these, but they're more geared towards the 'singles' thing. I'm more of a solo thing. :) There is a difference. And to be honest, can't imagine sharing a cabin with a complete stranger. :eek: Too many possible problems.

I've booked my first solo cruise for my birthday. We'll see how it goes. ;) The Blogger's cruise, I'm actually rooming with a girl from my cruise group on FB. I really hope it works out well. :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Archived