Deposit on a 9 nighter?

familycruzer

It would seem to me as a 15 time princess cruiser that it would be about five hundred or more per person depending on when.

I am thinking of going on the Crown next year(2006.) When would be the best time to go? supposing that my stock market bets turn out good and money is no object? i am retired and i can leave any time.

15 Princess Cruises

Cunard Sagafjord 1994

Carnival Ecstacy 2003

Carnival Paradise b/b March, 2004

Carnival Victory July 2, 2004

Cunard QM2 March 25, 2005

Celebrity Constellation September 22, 2005

Crown Princess ?/?/2006

I've been looking at the Star 10-night cruise for 2006. If I take an open booking during my Diamond cruise next month, can I use the reduced deposit towards that cruise or will they ask for more $$ on top of it for the longer cruise?

May be a dumb question, but I'm not sure how the open booking process works. Thanks! :)

Suppose one does an open booking on board ($100 pp deposit) and then later converts it to a specific cruise. For purposes of cruise insurance (pre-existing conditions), is the date of the deposit considered the deposit date, or the date that one gets the specific booking number, or the final payment date? Thanks. /Sultan

Suppose one does an open booking on board ($100 pp deposit) and then later converts it to a specific cruise. For purposes of cruise insurance (pre-existing conditions), is the date of the deposit considered the deposit date, or the date that one gets the specific booking number, or the final payment date? Thanks. /Sultan

Interesting.. If it is Princess Insurance, I think Princess should be best able to answer this question correctly. You can contact Princess Travel Care Desk at 1-800-453-4069.

As far as Access America insurance- it is the date you pick the specific cruise (and transfer your open booking to a real booking), not the day you made the open booking.

So, this is great for pre-existing condition situations.

We booked our 9/12/06 Crown Princess cruise on May 17th as my online cruise agency was having a one week special of a $200. per cabin deposit on any Princess cruise. A deal I could not pass up as we were able to book cabin 752. Hoping it will still be the corner aft. First time on Princess.

Archived