Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Does anyone know if any of the ships excursions honor the UBP?

I am on The Jewel 1/10 and that would make it even a better deal!

Excursions are not on the ship and if you aren't on Grest Stirrup Cay, then no.

"Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay."

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

Edited by Demonyte

Just a quick heads up- I booked through the NCL website and entered my address information as requested. I also entered in the code that would get me the free UBP promotion, so I thought I was good to go. I was going through the website and noticed that it said nothing about the UBP, so i called the customer service line. Apparently, because i populated my zip code they default to the least valuable promotion and they gave me $20/pp off of my cruise instead of the UBP with absolutely no notification. So in order to make sure i had the UBP i had to fork over the $40 bucks and then sign up for UBP. If that were a little more clear when i booked it, i wouldn't have had a problem with it. I mean, it's 40 bucks. However, given the fact that i would have showed up and had to pay for all my booze, which will be a lot, all for a $40 discount that i didn't know about?? Yeah, i would have been pretty furious.

Just a quick heads up- I booked through the NCL website and entered my address information as requested. I also entered in the code that would get me the free UBP promotion, so I thought I was good to go. I was going through the website and noticed that it said nothing about the UBP, so i called the customer service line. Apparently, because i populated my zip code they default to the least valuable promotion and they gave me $20/pp off of my cruise instead of the UBP with absolutely no notification. So in order to make sure i had the UBP i had to fork over the $40 bucks and then sign up for UBP. If that were a little more clear when i booked it, i wouldn't have had a problem with it. I mean, it's 40 bucks. However, given the fact that i would have showed up and had to pay for all my booze, which will be a lot, all for a $40 discount that i didn't know about?? Yeah, i would have been pretty furious.

Sounds like you need to call, get them to cancel that entire thing, then rebook it with the UBP Promotion, which is a much better deal than "saving" $40.

Sounds like you need to call, get them to cancel that entire thing, then rebook it with the UBP Promotion, which is a much better deal than "saving" $40.

Yeah, that's what I did. Just wasn't thrilled about it because if I hadn't called I would've been screwed.

Can someone recall if Blue Moon is offered on the ship and covered under the package? I do not recall it being on the initial PDFs I saw, however they are presumably outdated. I did see it on one of the spreadsheets, so I'm just curious.

Can someone recall if Blue Moon is offered on the ship and covered under the package? I do not recall it being on the initial PDFs I saw, however they are presumably outdated. I did see it on one of the spreadsheets, so I'm just curious.

They had blue moon on the epic during the Christmas week.

I will be going on my first ncl cruise on the gem which includes the free drink package. I read the terms which talk about drinks up to $10 being included. Problem is that I have no idea what the drink prices are. Can anyone tell me if drinks like piña colatas or frozen margueritas are included?

Edited by DM
Spelling

I will be going on my first ncl cruise on the gem which includes the free drink package. I read the terms which talk about drinks up to $10 being included. Problem is that I have no idea what the drink prices are. Can anyone tell me if drinks like piña colatas or frozen margueritas are included?

See this post for images of drink lists:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45185835#post45185835

• 2 months later...

Hi all...

I will be cruising on the Breakaway for Bermuda in April of 2016. I have a question about the Ultimate Beverage Plan.

I have the UBP along with a fellow traveler in the same cabin. My friend is staying in a different cabin and she has the Dining Plan package. She isn't a big drinker so she got the Dining Plan instead.

My question is what stops me from getting a drink for myself and then going back and getting another drink for my friend that is staying in the other room that has the Dining Plan? Just curious...

My question is what stops me from getting a drink for myself and then going back and getting another drink for my friend that is staying in the other room that has the Dining Plan? Just curious...

Nothing really, if you do it very discreetly. But the bar staff are very observant, I don't think you could keep it up throughout the cruise without them catching on. And then I don't really know what they do. I'm sure they have instructions to stop sharing, but more orders means more tips for them, so I don't know. Tip them extra?

Also, you will burn in hell if you do this. But you'll be dead by then, so who cares! :D

Nothing really, if you do it very discreetly. But the bar staff are very observant, I don't think you could keep it up throughout the cruise without them catching on. And then I don't really know what they do. I'm sure they have instructions to stop sharing, but more orders means more tips for them, so I don't know. Tip them extra?

Also, you will burn in hell if you do this. But you'll be dead by then, so who cares! :D

I would feel really funny doing that but my friends keep insisting it isn't a big deal. I would be too nervous and I'm sure they would see me coming a mile away!!! :(

How does the UBP work anyways? I'm assuming there is an indicator on your room key when the bartender swipes it saying "hey, this person has paid for the UBP" and then I must sign...correct?

How does the UBP work anyways? I'm assuming there is an indicator on your room key when the bartender swipes it saying "hey, this person has paid for the UBP" and then I must sign...correct?
There will be a "UB" sticker on your card, and you have to sign for the drink.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this, don't do it. You can give your card to your roommate and they can try to get two drinks by showing both of your cards with the stickers. The staff know this trick, too, but at least you don't have to be actively involved.

I can help on this. We were on the Star the week of Feb 17th and had a pretty long discussion with the Beverage Manager on the ship about this. He wrote down for us what is NOT included, I'll try to post a scan of it when I get home tonight, here is what he wrote:

• All Martinis
  • Speciality Drinks in Souvenir glasses
  • Beers $5.50 and above
  • Wine by the glas of $10 above
  • Super Premium brands of liquor
  • Bottles of wine
  • Cans of soda and red bull
  • Bottles of Water
  • Buckets of Beer

I also have the list of included liquors from the Star that I'll post. We definitely talked with people that were having Patron shots and thought they were included because they wrote UBP on their receipt. I'd imagine they were surprised when they got their bill. Overall it is a pretty good program, but the Martini thing still makes no sense to me.

So soda isn't included in the ultimate beverage package?

So soda isn't included in the ultimate beverage package?
The post you quoted is two years old, go ahead and forget you ever saw it. Check the current terms of the package on the NCL website. To answer your question, of course soda is included.

The post you quoted is two years old, go ahead and forget you ever saw it. Check the current terms of the package on the NCL website. To answer your question, of course soda is included.

That's what I was thinking. Sorry if the questing came as dense.

THE ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

I would feel really funny doing that but my friends keep insisting it isn't a big deal. I would be too nervous and I'm sure they would see me coming a mile away!!! :(

There are a dozens of bars on the boat, just get a drink from yourself at one and a drink the the other person at another.

We have been given the UBP. However, do we pay the 18% gratuity or is that covered by the package?

I just got off the Jewel yesterday. We got the UBP thrown in for free with our booking.

You DO pay the 18% gratuity out of pocket.

Considering that I got it for free, the small amount of gratuity instead of paying for a $10 drink is worth it. Still have to keep it in consideration though, the cost can add up if you drink like a fish.

I just got off the Jewel yesterday. We got the UBP thrown in for free with our booking.

You DO pay the 18% gratuity out of pocket.

Considering that I got it for free, the small amount of gratuity instead of paying for a $10 drink is worth it. Still have to keep it in consideration though, the cost can add up if you drink like a fish.

OK, so now I really confused. Did you get UBP on the Promo Code: CHOB?

I thought on that promo you did not pay the 18%.

Did you pay 18% of the package price or did you pay 18% each time you get a drink? Did they bring a slip to sign for the 18%?

Thank you for helping me understand this.

OK, so now I really confused. Did you get UBP on the Promo Code: CHOB?

I thought on that promo you did not pay the 18%.

Did you pay 18% of the package price or did you pay 18% each time you get a drink? Did they bring a slip to sign for the 18%?

Thank you for helping me understand this.

I got the UBP but I don't know which promo code used was. It was booked through a travel agent.

We had to pay the 18% gratuity for each order. We had to sign a slip each time.

The receipt will show the total amount of the drink(s) and the gratuity as normal but the only charge that will go to your account is the 18% gratuity and if you tipped any extra.

I also downloaded their (android) app to my phone so I would double check my account charges every day.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Also I noticed that if you ordered a "drink of the day", I would get charged the full price of the drink.. so the gratuity would be slightly higher. In the end, it wasn't an issue and didn't really care but just something I noticed.

Edited by alkemist

We had to pay the 18% gratuity for each order. We had to sign a slip each time.

The receipt will show the total amount of the drink(s) and the gratuity as normal but the only charge that will go to your account is the 18% gratuity and if you tipped any extra.

Sorry, but this is inaccurate.

While the 18% auto-grat will appear on the check, it is either not charged to your account or it is reversed later.

If this is indeed what happened to you, you were overcharged. Review your final folio and contact NCL if this is the case.

Thanks to the most recent post from the Gem cruise, I have printed out a copy of the terms and conditions including the 18% INCLUDED gratuity. I no longer trust NCL to not change terms AFTER booking, and so have protected my contract with printed verification.

Sorry, but this is inaccurate.

While the 18% auto-grat will appear on the check, it is either not charged to your account or it is reversed later.

If this is indeed what happened to you, you were overcharged. Review your final folio and contact NCL if this is the case.

Ok, my mistake. It looks like they did reverse the charges on the final bill vs what I saw on the app.

The only charges that stuck have been due to being in Texas waters and their mandatory taxes.

Sorry for the confusion.