Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

I haven't been following CC much the last couple months. Are you saying there have been changes to NCL's UBP? If so, can someone please post a link with the latest accurate details. BTW, I could not get your link to work, witchita.

I haven't been following CC much the last couple months. Are you saying there have been changes to NCL's UBP? If so, can someone please post a link with the latest accurate details. BTW, I could not get your link to work, witchita.

The latest details and pricing of the UBP are always available at NCL.com:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#ultimate

The link to the spreadsheet above includes a price list which one can use to determine if they will drink enough to make the package worth it. The link works. It's my server.

The cost would have to be much lower for it work for a non-drinker though. It's now $54/pp/pd (+gratuities) if ordered online prior to cruising. If you don't drink 6-8 alcoholic beverages a day, everyday, it's not going to be economically beneficial. JMHO. Not passing judgement, just saying, if it works for you, that's great but it will never work us. DH can't drink and I can't drink much :p so a few bottles of wine and I am super happy.

The website has been updated:

Oops, sorry, Triptolemus beat me! (not unusual)

Edited by All-ready2cruise
tmi

I meant a change as to the max cost of the drink. I thought it was 8.50 but saw listed here anything under $10. The spreadsheet actually did download, but it didn't OPEN like I had told it to. Got that part worked out.

But wait, didn't the UBP used to be $49 pp/pd + 15% gratuity?

Edited by QuiGonJohn

I meant a change as to the max cost of the drink. I thought it was 8.50 but saw listed here anything under $10. The spreadsheet actually did download, but it didn't OPEN like I had told it to. Got that part worked out.

It used to be. It's not anymore.

Just click on the NCL.com link above. It will clearly explain what's included.

Yes, it's gone up from $49 to $54 if purchased in advance and $59 if purchased onboard. At the same time the maximum cost of a drink covered went up to $10 I believe.

Edited by KeithJenner

Well I clicked that link and it gives prices, terms and conditions. Does not really give a list of what is or is not included.

I really didn't think it was worth it, in my situation (how much me and the wife drink), when it was $49. Now that they raised it to $54, done deal, they made the decision for me, NO UBP.

Well I clicked that link and it gives prices, terms and conditions. Does not really give a list of what is or is not included.

I really didn't think it was worth it, in my situation (how much me and the wife drink), when it was $49. Now that they raised it to $54, done deal, they made the decision for me, NO UBP.

All drinks under $10 are now included with the exception of: Specialty coffees, energy drinks, buckets of beer and bottles of wines. Did you ever get the spreadsheet to work? If so just make estimates of what you might drink each day and it'll tell you if you should even think about the package.

You ( a couple) would have to consume $124.00 and some change a day to break even. Very doable if you like martinis like I do. How has it worked out for folks on bermuda cruises when you may drink off ship?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ALS1214

Got the spreadsheet working, but really don't need it. I was pretty sure it wasn't worth it at $788.90 for a 7 night cruise, for my wife and I. Now that they jacked that up to $869.40, I know it's not even a consideration. We usually don't drink very much and even if we binged one night, and drank our usually limited amounts the other nights, still comes out way cheaper paying per drink or rum runner.

Also take into consideration, drinks of the day, 2 for1 specials( if they still offer them ) and what happens if you do not feel well one day and do not drink much and if you plan to be off the ship a lot. LOTS of things to consider.:D

But it does give you the opportunity to try several new drinks that you might not have tried if you had to pay 9,50$ for it. How many times have I looked at a drink menu and not being sure about one liquor or mixer in the drink I ended up not ordering it...with the UBP I can try anything...without abusing of course... :p

When I go to a land resort with an all inclusive package, I don't try to estimate the cost of the room, the plane ticket, the service charges, etc... and make sure I drink the rest of the money spent for the package.

I paid the cruise "X" amount and I add 500$ for drinks..that's it. If I drink mainly Martinis and wine I know I will be over the 500$...if not...at least I know I will drink whatever I want and feel too...if it ends up costing me 100$ more than the bar tabs...so be it...

I believe it includes almost everything. Including the drink of the day (no souvenir cup). I think I read that it only excluded one drink, can't recall what drink as it was irrelevant to me. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
This should answer most of your questions:

Ultimate Beverage Package

56 USD/day

Liquor (see list attached)

Beer (up to US $ 5.50)

Wine by the glass (up to US $ 10.00)

Water

Juice

Soft Drinks

at all Bars & Lounges and Restaurants

Not included

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed juice

Specialty coffee

Energy Drinks

Mini bar drinks

Thanks for this. Where did you get the PDF, and do you know if there's a similar one for this year available anywhere?

I had the UDP on an Epic TA earlier this year,definitely makes sense on a TA with no port stops.Another advantage was I was able to try most of the martins in Shakers martini bar including off menu ones made up by the lovely bar staff.

As another poster said if I had been paying for them then I wouldn't have tried so many different ones in case I did not like them.I really liked the flexibility it gave me but I do like to drink (Scottish) so understand it may not be for everyone.

Another bonus was that the staff did not mind serving you even if you were on the UDP and they were happy to let you run a tab so you only signed once at the end of that drinking session at each bar.Thumbs up from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Booked the UDP online and paid on a card at the same time as pre-booking my exursions, but whilst I can now see evidence I've booked and paid for the trips, I see nothing recording the UDP - can anyone advise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Booked the UDP online and paid on a card at the same time as pre-booking my exursions, but whilst I can now see evidence I've booked and paid for the trips, I see nothing recording the UDP - can anyone advise?

Ask your TA/PCC/NCL rep for an "Amenity Confirmation" -- it's listed on that document. They can e-mail it to you.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me what happens if you have the UBP and you want to purchase something that is over the $10? Do you have to pay full price or just the difference? My boyfriend likes to have a glass or two of scotch at night and it looks like none of the single malts are included as they are in the ultra premium category.

I've tried to read through the thread and I have looked at Norwegian's website to try and search out the answer, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.