Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Can anyone tell me what happens if you have the UBP and you want to purchase something that is over the $10? Do you have to pay full price or just the difference? My boyfriend likes to have a glass or two of scotch at night and it looks like none of the single malts are included as they are in the ultra premium category.

I've tried to read through the thread and I have looked at Norwegian's website to try and search out the answer, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

What list are you viewing that shows what is included? I ask because this is an old thread, and the UBP has changed and includes a lot more than it originally did. I don't know if his brand is included now or not, but I want to make sure you are not viewing an old list.

YES - Spring Break from about the 1st of February till end of April + or - !

Check back later for more specific details and firm dates.

Or just read the NCL terms that I posted above your post for specific dates and details. :rolleyes:

But some have reported bartenders coding the drinks for folks, so they work in the UBP.
They can replace one alcohol with a cheaper alcohol in a cocktail recipe, but I don't think there's any (legitimate) way to ring up a shot of single malt as something else. Edited by hawkeyetlse

They can replace one alcohol with a cheaper alcohol in a cocktail recipe, but I don't think there's any (legitimate) way to ring up a shot of single malt as something else.

It's certainly not a deal breaker it's not included and we would have to lay I was just curious how it worked. I've only ever cruised Royal Caribbean and with their package you only have to pay the difference in price not for the whole drink.

Or just read the NCL terms that I posted above your post for specific dates and details. :rolleyes:

The terms on NCL.com are incorrect (out of date). You can now purchase the UBP during those dates if you are over 25. The terms do not reflect this change... much like Port of Huston is not listed on NCL.com's ports of departure page.

The terms on NCL.com are incorrect (out of date). You can now purchase the UBP during those dates if you are over 25. The terms do not reflect this change... much like Port of Huston is not listed on NCL.com's ports of departure page.

Good to know. Thanks! I'd heard they were doing that when the all-inclusive sale was happening, but I didn't know it was sticking around. Should I ever cruise those weeks, I'll be a happy girl. :)

• 2 months later...
Is there a limit on the number of drinks you can have per day (as with Carnival is is a 15 drink limit per 24 hr period)?

thanks!

Tammi

They will slow/stop you if you are ordering drinks every 10mins as it could be seen as buying for others so as long as you leave a reasonable time between drinks..

If I am sitting on deck with my wife and we are both enjoying a cold beer, can I go to a bar and order two beers, one for each, or do we both always have to be at the bar in order to get a fresh drink for both of us? We both would have the UDP.

Edited by my_crib_too

If I am sitting on deck with my wife and we are both enjoying a cold beer, can I go to a bar and order two beers, one for each, or do we both always have to be at the bar in order to get a fresh drink for both of us? We both would have the UDP.

technically, yes, both must go. BUT, most bartenders I have dealt with will give you 2 . They might want to see the 2 cards tho.

technically, yes, both must go. BUT, most bartenders I have dealt with will give you 2 . They might want to see the 2 cards tho

That has been our experience as well, as the bar staff get to know you it is less of an issue but in the beginning bringing both cards with you to the bar will minimize issues getting two drinks

We both would have the UDP.

The UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) will do nothing to supply drinks at the bar.

If you mean UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package), then yes, as others have stated, the bartenders get to know you pretty quick.

As an aside...

Can we get our acronyms straight please? The constant misuse of UDP in place of UBP is comical, to say the least.

Cheers!

The UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) will do nothing to supply drinks at the bar.

If you mean UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package), then yes, as others have stated, the bartenders get to know you pretty quick.

As an aside...

Can we get our acronyms straight please? The constant misuse of UDP in place of UBP is comical, to say the least.

Cheers!

Poor typing on my part. :eek: Thanks for the assistance though!!!

While this subject has discussed on many-o-posts...

We've purchased the UBP a number of times on NCL. We've never had an issue with drinks covered by the package, and we're martini drinkers too. I just wish that NCL would allow coffee drinks (i.e. I would only order espresso or cappuccino) as included items in the UBP.

Note, there are times when we've not come out ahead of the package, but most of the time we do. FYI...we're not Betty Ford Clinic material.

I was so glad to read on earlier posts that they are allowing UBP purchases during spring break season for those over 25. We were on the Gem during a March sailing and we had to purchase our drinks individually, can you believe that?!:eek:

Last I saw, officially, you have to pay for the whole drink. Not fair, should be the difference. But some have reported bartenders coding the drinks for folks, so they work in the UBP. YMMV!!!

Any other recent experience for this -- if you order a drink over $10 are they making you pay for the full drink as opposed to the difference? On RCI you only pay for the difference, which is very fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Any other recent experience for this -- if you order a drink over $10 are they making you pay for the full drink as opposed to the difference? On RCI you only pay for the difference, which is very fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Asked and answered many times. If the drink is over $10 you pay for the whole thing. If you prefer RCI's option then it is there for you to use.

I cannot personally find many things that are over the $10 limit.

Edited by Beaver1975