Progressive cruise check-in information??

msmoger

I just received a Booking Notification from Princess which had the instructions for their Progressive Cruise Check-in procedure.

My questions:

Is this enforced or is it just hope on their part that passengers will follow the guidelines?

Will they make you wait if you are too early for your decks assigned time slot?

Also, does being Platinum have any impact on this rule?

We'll be taking a Princess transfer from Victoria Station in London to Southampton and I was anticipating being there earlier than our decks scheduled boarding time.

Thanks for any information.

Based on my experience of sailing from Southampton with Princess. They do not usually enforce the progressive check in times.

Last year I was an hour earlier than my allocated time and was able to check in and board straight away.:D

Hi, we've just had ours though but it says if you have preferred boarding pass you don't need to wait, you can check in any time after 12. Looking at captains circle, platinum members have preferred boarding so you shoul be fine. There may still be a queue depending on number of people with preferred boarding cards.

• 5 years later...
3 hours ago, swdke said:

I never received such info and I board this Thursday.  In what format did this notification arrive?  Thanks.

Everyone gets it, you just haven't read the fine print. 🙂  don't worry, you are not alone!  lol. It comes from a reservations email from Princess dot com.  It says "important notices".  Here's a snippet of it.  This "important notice" pays no attention to preferred status, so if you have preferred status you can get there earlier.  To date, this progressive boarding is not followed, or required.  

progressive.png

3 hours ago, swdke said:

I never received such info and I board this Thursday.  In what format did this notification arrive?  Thanks.

This thread is from 5 years ago.

Its not always listed on ones booking.

If you didn't get it don't worry about it.

Its a suggestion only.

4 hours ago, swdke said:

It's also part of the fine print on the travel summary (which I never noticed until today). As Colo cruiser mentioned, it's just a suggestion and most people do not follow it.