Jan 20, 2014 15-day Hawaii onboard Sapphire "cancelled"...why?

northerndynasty

I wonder how she will get to Asia? She needs to go somewhere from LA.

Remember the two west coast getaways (Jan 13 and 16) are still on the schedule.

They might also be cancelled and the web site not updated. But if theyare still in place for real, then the questions are what will happen after those two cruises and what will the ship be doing instead of Hawaii over New Year's?

Crown Princess will fit under the bridge and all tidal conditions present during the months that Alaska cruises operate. Bridge clearance is 61 meters at maximum high tide of the year, the ship's air draft is 58 meters.

Thanks for info.

I stand corrected in my earlier assesments that Crown P would not clear Lion'sGate Bridge.

Apologies.

We are booked on the 2 short coastals with Sapphire and have not gotten word of the cancellation yet, but I am sure it's just a matter of time. Why else would they cancel Dec 29th? UGH. SOOOOO SAD! I love the Sapphire but there is no way I am flying to Asia to sail her again.

Kath

Posted about the new plans for the ship by IECalCruiser who is on the Sapphire now:

Future Cruise Consultant was with us at the start of the BVE today and she said that she didn't know as of yet. Someone who works for Princess reservations was doing the BVE also and she said she didn't know yet either.

Wow that's sad for those of us who live on the American West Coast. We are losing one great ship after another. Soon we will only have the ships that were designed to be overcrowded. I like Crown, but it always seems like you are tripping over people. Everything is crowded all the time. Loved the Sun Class ships. My favorite are Sapphire/Diamond.

I believe the Star came to the West coast to add another ship for the Alaska season to fulfill a commitment to the state of Alaska.

The Grand is coming to the West coast to replace the Sea Princess in Alaska.

The Crown and the Pacific (at least for 2014) are replacing the Diamond and the Sapphire to keep seven ships in Alaska for now.

• 4 weeks later...

any guesses for December 2014?

she comes from Rome, ending in ft. Lauderdale on the 19th of December. i am pretty sure that I want to be on that sailing, wherever she goes........

Panama Canal?

(full or partial transit)

Caribbean loop?

Heading out to South America?

I think the schedule will be out around May.

Anybody have an ideas, I would love to hear it.

SOOOOO SAD! I love the Sapphire but there is no way I am flying to Asia to sail her again.

Kath

I'm with you....I feel the same way. I love the Sapphire but flying to Asia to sail her again is out of the question!

It is sad. We have sailed on the Sapphire 2 times. Coral is my 1st favorite ship and the Sapphire is (was) 2nd. At least the Coral is going to continue cruises that we might book in the future. It's hard to give up one of my "favorite" ships.

I'm with you....I feel the same way. I love the Sapphire but flying to Asia to sail her again is out of the question!

It is sad. We have sailed on the Sapphire 2 times. Coral is my 1st favorite ship and the Sapphire is (was) 2nd. At least the Coral is going to continue cruises that we might book in the future. It's hard to give up one of my "favorite" ships.

I'm with you. The Sapphire is my favorite ship. I like the wide promenade deck, covered pool, and four small restaurants. A couple of years ago I spent 63 days on the ship sailing to Sydney and back to LA. I will really miss the Sapphire, but I don't think I'll be willing to fly to China or Japan to sail on her again.

Archived