Mr sanchos or paradise beach?

jenysmarin

I have been going back and forth whether we should go with mr sanchos or paradise beach for our excursion. We will be sailing with disney but their excursion prices are outrageous. Paradise is obviously cheaper but i have read quite a few complaints about their beach. Any advise is helpful. Also will be travelin with a 2 and 7 year old so any other beach excursion recommendations are appreciated!

I have been going back and forth whether we should go with mr sanchos or paradise beach for our excursion. We will be sailing with disney but their excursion prices are outrageous. Paradise is obviously cheaper but i have read quite a few complaints about their beach. Any advise is helpful. Also will be travelin with a 2 and 7 year old so any other beach excursion recommendations are appreciated!

We have been going back and forth on this also. We were at PB a couple weeks ago & had a great day. Paradise Beach has a beautiful white sand beach and if you go in the left side of their beach it is sandy. The right side (near the dock) has some rocks in it (not huge but uncomfortable to walk on). The pool at PB is awesome. Big and has a large ledge where you can sit in a beach chair in the water. We were very happy with the food however the mixed drinks were a little weak; so we switched to beer. We are headed to Cozumel again in a couple weeks and are going back & forth between Sanchos AI all inclusive & PB. We are leaning towards PB bc of the nice day we had several weeks ago.

Thank you! PB has much better reviews than Mr Sanchos and it looks more affordable. We may grab a bite while on land but don't plan on eating much on ground since we spend so much time on the boat doing that :eek: I also liked the idea of havning our own bed on that beach at MR Sanchos.... decisions decisions.... :p

• 1 month later...

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

My family visited Mr Sanchos last Tuesday while in Cozumel. My daughter is 13 and my son is 10. We arrived at Mr Sanchos around noon, the waves were a bit rough so we decided to stay near the pool. When we arrived I noticed a group of ladies in the pool and they were a bit loud and dancing around...no big deal. As the day went on these ladies were getting louder and a bit more crazy ( again no biggie) but their language got a little bit out of hand (again no biggie just told the kids to ignore it). I was not too concerned until three of the women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool....including my children. I told the kids to just ignore them and face the other direction. I mentioned to the ladies that there were kids in the pool but they were too drunk to care and continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! It was then I noticed the staff members laughing and taking pictures of these woman. In fact one of the pictures in on the Mr Sanchos facebook page! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another (trying not to be too graphic here). Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. So of course my kids are looking around to see what all of the fuss is about and seen most of it. There were staff members around watching this the whole time and no one said a word to them. At that point we gathered our things and headed back into town. My children saw more boobs and nipples that day then they had all of their lives! Not to mention the other acts they witnessed. I am in no way a prude, I was upset that my children had to see that. If it were just myself and hubby that day I would have just laughed it off but I do not want another family with children to have to explain that type of bahavior to their kids. I seen several other acts and overheard a lot more that I can't even mention due to the content.

On a side note the food was good and the drinks were great! I hate that all of this happened but I feel like the staff could have asked the ladies to keep their breast in their bathing suits and their hands above the water!

Both are on the same side of the island and not too far from each other, so the beached will be about the same. PB is larger, has a huge pool, and attracts more families/kids. Mr. S offers all-inclusive if that is important. Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread, since our family has pretty much the same choice. I thought I'd give my two or three cents, as a first-time cruiser making this decision.

Both Mr. Sancho's and Paradise Beach claim to be family-oriented beaches. Many reviews of each seem to bear this out. However, CPAYNE's post above prompted me to check out both beaches' FB pages.

It seems to me, based just on the pictures, that Paradise Beach is noticeably more family oriented than Mr. Sancho's. Sure, there's pictures of families and kids on both, but the Paradise photos are almost nothing but. Mr. Sancho's seems to feature more pictures of young adults in bikinis (and men's equivalents) with their drinks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but as a family I think we're leaning toward hanging around with people more in line with our own demographic (parents, young kids).

Paradise, from what I can tell, fits the bill a bit more closely, and they have a bigger pool, too. :) Plus, the staff's response (or lack thereof) to the shenanigans mentioned above kind of puts me off Sancho's for the time being. :shrug:

Bumping this thread, since our family has pretty much the same choice. I thought I'd give my two or three cents, as a first-time cruiser making this decision.

Both Mr. Sancho's and Paradise Beach claim to be family-oriented beaches. Many reviews of each seem to bear this out. However, CPAYNE's post above prompted me to check out both beaches' FB pages.

It seems to me, based just on the pictures, that Paradise Beach is noticeably more family oriented than Mr. Sancho's. Sure, there's pictures of families and kids on both, but the Paradise photos are almost nothing but. Mr. Sancho's seems to feature more pictures of young adults in bikinis (and men's equivalents) with their drinks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but as a family I think we're leaning toward hanging around with people more in line with our own demographic (parents, young kids).

Paradise, from what I can tell, fits the bill a bit more closely, and they have a bigger pool, too. :) Plus, the staff's response (or lack thereof) to the shenanigans mentioned above kind of puts me off Sancho's for the time being. :shrug:

Something I read said that after 3pm at Paradise it was hard to get a taxi back to the port.

Something I read said that after 3pm at Paradise it was hard to get a taxi back to the port.

Good to know. I think that'll be fine for our itinerary (Liberty Western). We're in Coz from 8:00-6:00. I doubt we'll be at the beach for more than six hours. :)

(In fact, we may head back after lunch to give our 3yo a chance to nap.)

Good to know. I think that'll be fine for our itinerary (Liberty Western). We're in Coz from 8:00-6:00. I doubt we'll be at the beach for more than six hours. :)

(In fact, we may head back after lunch to give our 3yo a chance to nap.)

If I had 6 hours with a 3 yo at the beach..... I would be the one needing a nap:o

We were at Paradise Beach a week and a half ago and didn't leave until 5:00 and had no trouble getting a taxi. The pool was a new addition since we were there in 2007 and we loved it! We were a little disappointed in the beach this time, the water was brown and not nearly as nice and clear as before. Everyone in our group was asking, "where's the nice Caribbean water?". I don't know if there had been a storm there shortly before or what was causing the sand to be churned up.

There are usually cabs lined up waiting to take cruisers back to their ships - if there is not a cab waiting when you are ready to leave they will call for one; never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. Good luck! :)

We faced the same decision last September. We had been to Mr Sanchos before, but without the kids. This was a cruise with all three kids so Paradise Beach just made more sense and more affordable for five. We had a great day, kids loved the water toys. We were surprised to see so many fish when we snorkeled around the pier.

We are headed back in January, with the kids, and will be headed to Paradise Beach again for sure.

Three women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool. They continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another. Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. Saw more boobs and nipples that day then they had all of their lives! Not to mention the other acts they witnessed.

On a side note the food was good and the drinks were great! I hate that all of this happened but I feel like the staff could have asked the ladies to keep their breast in their bathing suits and their hands above the water!

Been to Mr Sanchos 4 times and have never witnessed this (sigh). No but really I've been to both places and love the atmosphere and service at Mr Sanchos. Can't wait to go back in Nov.

I'm happy that I stumbled upon this thread tonight because we were trying to decide between the two. My dad and I are not big beach people but I know I would love the pool at Paradise Beach so after the comments on here I now know that we will head to Paradise Beach

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the same delima (unless I can find something else) and these 2 places are at the top of my list so far. I have to agree with you about the facebook pictures. They all seem to be girls in bikinis and drinks in hand. Although I don't mind either, when that's ALL you see in pictures, especially on THEIR website, it kind of paints a picture of a "party scene". I don't require peace and quiet, but I don't want to be over ran by drunken people when I have a 5 year old with me. :cool:

I'm in the same delima (unless I can find something else) and these 2 places are at the top of my list so far. I have to agree with you about the facebook pictures. They all seem to be girls in bikinis and drinks in hand. Although I don't mind either, when that's ALL you see in pictures, especially on THEIR website, it kind of paints a picture of a "party scene". I don't require peace and quiet, but I don't want to be over ran by drunken people when I have a 5 year old with me. :cool:

I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading your post on my tablet just before putting my DD3 down for bed. She saw your avatar, leaned over, and gave your daughter a kiss. :-)

We weren't impressed with Mr. Sanchos... it was really rocky all over (small pea sized rocks) but uncomfortable... especially after walking on the beautiful Grand Cayman sand last year. We didn't do the All-Inclusive deal because we didn't feel we could get our money worth in food or drinks...

From what I've read about Paradise it is a lot sandier and nicer than Sanchos and at the same price for non- all inclusive it has everything Sanchos does (shopping, water toys, pool). So unless you think you're going to get your money worth for all inclusive pay as you go would probably work.

I've never been to Paradise, but from reviews, friends and locals they say it's one of the nicest areas on that side of the island.... of course if you want really nice you can go to the other side where they say the beaches are just beautiful :)

We weren't impressed with Mr. Sanchos... it was really rocky all over (small pea sized rocks) but uncomfortable... especially after walking on the beautiful Grand Cayman sand last year. We didn't do the All-Inclusive deal because we didn't feel we could get our money worth in food or drinks...

From what I've read about Paradise it is a lot sandier and nicer than Sanchos and at the same price for non- all inclusive it has everything Sanchos does (shopping, water toys, pool). So unless you think you're going to get your money worth for all inclusive pay as you go would probably work.

I've never been to Paradise, but from reviews, friends and locals they say it's one of the nicest areas on that side of the island.... of course if you want really nice you can go to the other side where they say the beaches are just beautiful :)

Thanks for your post. I think I'm going to forget about the idea of Mr Sanchos myself this time around. I'm not liking the fact that there are 2 sides and separated, including 2 different pools that I'm told are fairly small (not that we go to the Caribbean to swim in a pool, but it can be refreshing if time is needed away from the beach). I just think if it's a place, it should all the the same with the same amenities for everyone. Either make the entire thing an AI or make it a la carte for everyone. Not the pebbles...:cool: It doesn't help that every picture you see on their facebook page is nothing but girls in bikinis and a lot of partying going on. Not that either bothers me, but if that's all this place is, not really where I want to take my young child.

Have you ever been to Passion Island that you can give your thoughts on?

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

I was not too concerned until three of the women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool....including my children. I told the kids to just ignore them and face the other direction. I mentioned to the ladies that there were kids in the pool but they were too drunk to care and continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! It was then I noticed the staff members laughing and taking pictures of these woman. In fact one of the pictures in on the Mr Sanchos facebook page! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another (trying not to be too graphic here). Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. So of course my kids are looking around to see what all of the fuss is about and seen most of it. There were staff members around watching this the whole time and no one said a word to them.

I definately go at the wrong times. :mad::D

I have been to both. I have found them to be both family oriented. Now I did see a topless lady sunbather once at PB, but I really don't care about that stuff. I think it comes down more to AI versus ala carte. And that is an individual decision.

We have also done Passion Island. Beautiful beach, it is what you picture a mexican beach to be. The down side is it is a bit on the pricier side and time can be limited based on the excursion.

We have also done Passion Island. Beautiful beach, it is what you picture a mexican beach to be. The down side is it is a bit on the pricier side and time can be limited based on the excursion.

I am thinking I'm going to nix the idea of Mr Sanchos. I'm really looking into Passion Island and would love to hear what you would say about it.

Why is it I just can't find a decent review on this place? Like a review with a complete description and tons of pictures. :confused: You know, like the ones I do. :D

Passion Island is beautiful. I remember soft sand, lounges, some inflatables for kids. They serve drinks. It is not a full open bar but your basic tequila stuff and beer (although recent reviews are reporting margaritas and rum punch. They serve a lunch, I don't recall much about it, so it was most likely neither good nor bad.

Downside though, it is pricey. The bar limitations may bother some. It is about a 45 min ride there and back. So you lose that time for your overall excursion time.

Would I do it again? Only if there was more time on the island itself.

Now if you are not traveling with kids and want an excursion, Cozumel Bar Hop hands down.

Passion Island is beautiful. I remember soft sand, lounges, some inflatables for kids. They serve drinks. It is not a full open bar but your basic tequila stuff and beer (although recent reviews are reporting margaritas and rum punch. They serve a lunch, I don't recall much about it, so it was most likely neither good nor bad.

Downside though, it is pricey. The bar limitations may bother some. It is about a 45 min ride there and back. So you lose that time for your overall excursion time.

Would I do it again? Only if there was more time on the island itself.

Now if you are not traveling with kids and want an excursion, Cozumel Bar Hop hands down.

Thanks for the info and your opinion. I am definitely going to check more in to this place. While the hubby will drink beer, I hate it. I'm more of the fru-fru drinks kinda girl. I like things like Miami Vice or daiquiris. If they didn't have those, I'm perfectly happy with a soda. They do have soda I would assume right?

When you talk about it being pricey, are you referring to just in general or are you referring to the food and drink? Is it not an AI? Is everything a la carte there?

Where do you book this?

We will probably always travel with our little now. We have been taking her on the cruises since she was 3 and to go without her...well let's just say she would have a fit. I sometimes think she's in to cruising more than her daddy. It's all she talks about. Also, we're not really "bar" type of people. We don't bar hop at home and definitely wouldn't be interested in any bar hopping in another country. Just not our kinda thing. If we go to an AI and it's included...definitely drinking some. If it's not included, more than likely we'll have 1 or 2 drinks and the rest is the cheaper option...soda. I can actually say 2 cruises ago (this past December) we actually went THE ENTIRE CRUISE (on the ship) without buying 1 drink. :eek: Not one. :o We did do a lot of AI's that included all the drinking we wanted and we took advantage of that (4 port days). :D So that was enough for us and saved $$$.

Archived