Mr sanchos or paradise beach?

jenysmarin

What is is considered a busy day in port? There are three "smaller" ships in the day we are there with a possibility of 6300 passengers total. Is that busy? Wondering if PB will be too crowded.

Doesn't sound bad at all. Some days in winter/spring, there are up to eight ships in port, over 22,000 passengers. 6,300 is just slightly more than one Oasis/Allure.

Thanks so much for the review and pictures.

I do have a question though...you mentioned (as others have in various threads) about the water being over your head (if you have a little one). Well my question is, I have a 5 year old...she is adventurous and will do just about anything, however, I'm beginning to wonder (if we pick this place) would she even be able to climb up on any of the water toys? Someone mentioned that it took some muscles to climb them and I would hate to go there and pay $12 and then her not be able to climb them because they are too tall or steep. (She has been on tall things like a huge blow up water slide at Great Stirrup Cay and climbed it with no problem. However, these look a little steep to me). Any thoughts? She's the little one going up in the middle with her daddy following.

IMG_7449-S.jpg

I have attached some more photos to help you see how steep the climb is to get up onto the waterslides and iceberg. Although it looks like your daughter is a good climber, hopefully these photos will help you to determine if this is something she could handle.

The photo below shows the watertoys at Paradise Beach. In the back of the photo is the large waterslide and 14-foot iceberg. Definitely, these both require more muscle to climb up them. In the front of the photo you can see a small inflatable climbing structure and a smaller/lower version of the waterslide.

The water toys at Paradise Beach.

IMG_4618.jpg

The photo below shows the larger waterslide and iceberg. Although this waterslide does not appear to be as high as the one you climbed in Great Stirrup Cay, it does require you climb up wide puffy stairs and grab onto handles. The iceberg is steep and the climb up is not likely one a 5-year old could handle!

DSCF0103_zpsc4517ec8.jpg

Closer to the beach is the small inflatable climbing structure and the smaller/lower version of the waterslide. Your daughter should be able to climb up these ones much easier than the larger ones located further out.

The inflatable climbing structure.

DSCF0072_zpsa82a696e.jpg

The smaller waterslide.

IMG_4620_zps9ad11652.jpg

The water trampoline is also something you daughter should be able to climb onto.

DSCF0102_zpsf6be29f3.jpg

I hope this helps.

Any other questions, just ask!

I have attached some more photos to help you see how steep the climb is to get up onto the waterslides and iceberg. Although it looks like your daughter is a good climber, hopefully these photos will help you to determine if this is something she could handle.

I hope this helps.

Any other questions, just ask!

Thanks so much for your description and wonderful pictures. The water slide at GSC does look a lot steeper than the ones here and she is another year and a half older than she was when we were there. With them having the handles, hopefully she would be able to climb them.

Now I know it was mentioned that the water is deeper there and little ones would require a life jacket (she has her own), but how deep is it here? Can adults stand up in it? Or is it so deep that adults have to swim too?

Thanks again. :)

What is is considered a busy day in port? There are three "smaller" ships in the day we are there with a possibility of 6300 passengers total. Is that busy? Wondering if PB will be too crowded.

When we were in Cozumel, there were three Carnival cruise ships in port--the Legend, Paradise and Elation. Even with three ships in port that day, Paradise Beach was not crowded at all.

Thanks so much for your description and wonderful pictures. The water slide at GSC does look a lot steeper than the ones here and she is another year and a half older than she was when we were there. With them having the handles, hopefully she would be able to climb them.

Now I know it was mentioned that the water is deeper there and little ones would require a life jacket (she has her own), but how deep is it here? Can adults stand up in it? Or is it so deep that adults have to swim too?

Thanks again. :)

I am 5'5" and there was an area around the smaller waterslide that I was able to stand up in--otherwise the water all around the watertoys is in deeper water and requires even adults to swim out to them--or you can float out to them on a raft (rafts are included in the $12 water toy admission rate).

DSCF0108_zps8a6d3582.jpg

In regards to the large iceberg, when we first visited Paradise Beach 5 years ago, my youngest DS was 8 and he was able to climb up it no problem--so who knows, maybe your daughter would be able to handle it!

I am 5'5" and there was an area around the smaller waterslide that I was able to stand up in--otherwise the water all around the watertoys is in deeper water and requires even adults to swim out to them--or you can float out to them on a raft (rafts are included in the $12 water toy admission rate).

Ok, so I guess I'm now wondering if you float out on a raft and then climb up and slide down...what do you do with your raft when you are doing that? I would be afraid it would float away. :eek:

Ok, so I guess I'm now wondering if you float out on a raft and then climb up and slide down...what do you do with your raft when you are doing that? I would be afraid it would float away. :eek:

Well, I guess there are two options.

1. One of you could hold onto the raft while the others take turns climbing up and sliding down.

or

2. Slide your raft up onto the back or side of the watertoy and retrieve it after your slide.

As you can see in the photo below, there are a couple of rafts draped over the side of this waterslide.

IMG_4616_zps24ffc85a.jpg

BTW: the guy in the yellow kayak is a Paradise Beach lifeguard

:D

Still searching...but we have done El Cid in the past - OMGEE for the price it is amazing - the man made beach area does not bother me - sand is sand, there are palapas, pools, steps into the water, everything is right there (kinda like Chankanaab) - swim out to the sunken plane, the huge anchor, fish all around, some coral (tho not a huge amount). It is within walking distance of Longosta & International...that saves a little ca$h...:p

I am glad to hear about the sunken plane, anchor & fish at El Cid. Thanks for mentioning them. It sounds like the snorkeling will be enough to keep both of us interested. I would prefer to scuba, but DH is not a diver and I like things we can enjoy together.

We will be there in Oct as part of our zipline tour at Fly High Zipline Adventures. DH doesn't love snorkeling as much as I do, but I think the sunken plane and what seems to be an easy water entry will keep him happy. I'm getting pretty excited about our Cozumel day!

Sorry, just realized I'm a bit off topic here! I've been reading so much I forgot what thread I was on!

I am glad to hear about the sunken plane, anchor & fish at El Cid. Thanks for mentioning them. It sounds like the snorkeling will be enough to keep both of us interested. I would prefer to scuba, but DH is not a diver and I like things we can enjoy together.

We will be there in Oct as part of our zipline tour at Fly High Zipline Adventures. DH doesn't love snorkeling as much as I do, but I think the sunken plane and what seems to be an easy water entry will keep him happy. I'm getting pretty excited about our Cozumel day!

Sorry, just realized I'm a bit off topic here! I've been reading so much I forgot what thread I was on!

You are welcome! I think all of us are throwing our own experiences out there for consideration on all of these threads & since we're still in Cozumel, the more the merrier!

Just as an aside - snorkeling out to the sunken plane is a little - um, well for lack of a better word - creepy for me...yes I am a good swimmer, & I love to snorkel, but it is a little deep & seeing the plane under water...hmmm...but I do it every time & I still love it! Does that sound weird? I do not have any underwater pics of it because it is a 'little' deep & the small flash on my U/W camera produces scatter...(the plane is said to have been used in the movie 'Night of the Iguana' as best as I can recall...didn't see the movie...May be akin to 'the Corona commercial was shot here' kinda thing - ha!

P1040169.JPG

Archived