Mr sanchos or paradise beach?

jenysmarin

Passion Island is beautiful. I remember soft sand, lounges, some inflatables for kids. They serve drinks. It is not a full open bar but your basic tequila stuff and beer (although recent reviews are reporting margaritas and rum punch. They serve a lunch, I don't recall much about it, so it was most likely neither good nor bad.

Downside though, it is pricey. The bar limitations may bother some. It is about a 45 min ride there and back. So you lose that time for your overall excursion time.

Would I do it again? Only if there was more time on the island itself.

Now if you are not traveling with kids and want an excursion, Cozumel Bar Hop hands down.

Curious about the Coz Bar Hop you mentioned..Can you give me your opinion on it & why you enjoyed it..Pros/cons? I'd love to know..

We went to mr Sanchos in May 2012 with our then 5 and 7 year old daughters. They had a great time. The craziest thing that happened when we were there was people snorkeling beer and our daughters wanting us to join in. They loved being able to go up to the bar and order what they wanted while sitting in the pool. DH and I are going back in Oct and probably will do mr Sanchos again but maybe we'll try PB?

My family and I were at Mr Sancho's in July 2012 and had a Great time! There were a ton of families there and the staff was awesome. We did the AI. The beach was clean and beautiful! Cant wait to go back!

Brenda (taz967)

we were there was people snorkeling beer and our daughters wanting us to join in.

I have played this over in my head a few times and for the life of me I can't figure out what you are trying to say. :confused:

We did the AI.

Brenda (taz967)

This is what most people report doing and I can't really get a good description of the non AI part of it, the separation, and pool usage.

Curious about the Coz Bar Hop you mentioned..Can you give me your opinion on it & why you enjoyed it..Pros/cons? I'd love to know..

The Bar hop is an independent excursion. It meets in the morning and takes you by bus with an entertaining tour guide to the rustic bars on the other side of Cozumel. There are about 5 stops and you get a shot at each bar and then spend some time there seeing what each one has to offer. You are under no obligation to drink, but it is a bar hop. It is just a lot of fun.

Downside, is you need to make sure your ship schedule matches the excursion time.

If you take a look around, you will find many recommendations for this particular tour.

I have played this over in my head a few times and for the life of me I can't figure out what you are trying to say. :confused:

This is what most people report doing and I can't really get a good description of the non AI part of it, the separation, and pool usage.

There was a group of people in the pool who were using a snorkel as a beer bong. Our daughters wanted us to join in because everyone kept chanting, snorkel, snorkel.

There was a group of people in the pool who were using a snorkel as a beer bong. Our daughters wanted us to join in because everyone kept chanting, snorkel, snorkel.

Ohhhhh.... :p I get it. I kept thinking you mistyped something and I couldn't figure it out. Now I can figure it out AND picture that in my head. :D

I'm really looking into Passion Island and would love to hear what you would say about it.

Why is it I just can't find a decent review on this place? Like a review with a complete description and tons of pictures. :confused: You know, like the ones I do. :D

I am glad to see you researching again! I am going to Cozumel the last week of August (on Carnival Magic!):D

Since we go to 'mostly' snorkel, I believe Passion Island is beach, therefore no decent snorkeling? Is that what you have found in your amazing research? While I am not against a 'beach' day, I just can't imagine going to beautiful clear Cozumel waters & not getting my snorkel face...(that's why we take pictures early!)

Still searching...but we have done El Cid in the past - OMGEE for the price it is amazing - the man made beach area does not bother me - sand is sand, there are palapas, pools, steps into the water, everything is right there (kinda like Chankanaab) - swim out to the sunken plane, the huge anchor, fish all around, some coral (tho not a huge amount). It is within walking distance of Longosta & International...that saves a little ca$h...

Decisions, decisions...:p

I am glad to see you researching again! I am going to Cozumel the last week of August (on Carnival Magic!):D

Since we go to 'mostly' snorkel, I believe Passion Island is beach, therefore no decent snorkeling? Is that what you have found in your amazing research? While I am not against a 'beach' day, I just can't imagine going to beautiful clear Cozumel waters & not getting my snorkel face...(that's why we take pictures early!)

Still searching...but we have done El Cid in the past - OMGEE for the price it is amazing - the man made beach area does not bother me - sand is sand, there are palapas, pools, steps into the water, everything is right there (kinda like Chankanaab) - swim out to the sunken plane, the huge anchor, fish all around, some coral (tho not a huge amount). It is within walking distance of Longosta & International...that saves a little ca$h...

Have you checked out Dzul Ha aka The Money Bar? They are a beach club known for its snorkelling.

Have you checked out Dzul Ha aka The Money Bar? They are a beach club known for its snorkelling.

I have not been there yet, but it is my crosshairs for research...still, taxi both ways...El Cid does have a small entrance fee, w/ part of that ($10 I believe) 'pre-paid' for food...but we've been there, done that...hmmm...

We will have four adults in our group, three are active photographers/snorkelers, one has to have shade because she is carrot top!;)

Chankanaab is sounding better & better...two of the four have done that, tho...

I need a travel planner!!!

Carnival Magic...now I'm jealous!!! :D You better come back and do a review for me with lots of pictures. I WILL get on that ship one day!

I haven't started researching it too much yet (I will have my first day off tomorrow and after a dentist appointment :( I will try to get on to researching more) but I did research it some a few years ago because I had saved some pictures of it. I remember someone saying that's where they did the Corona commercial at and I kept thinking "how neat would it be to go where they actually filmed the Corona commercial and be able to tell your friends?" I remember extensively researching THAT part and trying to confirm it. A lot of people were saying it online, but then again others were saying it was another place in Cozumel. Then the more I researched, the more I found that they have done the Corona commercials EVERYWHERE around the Caribbean. :p So I kinda stopped looking for my answer.

Either way, I can be perfectly happy with just a beautiful beach day. Our last cruise we went to Little French Key and it was one of those beautiful beach days and it is now my favorite. (There was "some" snorkeling there, but it's not the ideal place for it unless you canoe out to the reef in front of it, which we did not do). I can do both. I will still take my mask...just in case. I mean there's always "something" in the water everywhere you go. You just never know.

I have never heard anyone mention El Cid. Tell me more about it. Do you have pictures? Give me info. :D

Which would be better to take a one year old to?

Mr. Sanchos? Paradise Beach?

Thanks!

All-inclusive? :confused: Sanchos or maybe Nachi Cocom.

Pay as you go? :confused: Paradise Beach - bigger pool, better changing facilities.

Good luck! :)

Which would be better to take a one year old to?

Mr. Sanchos? Paradise Beach?

Thanks!

Since you won't be able to take an infant in anybody's pool, even with a swimmie diaper, I'd say shoot for the best beach for your needs.

IF Paradise Beach has nice changing rooms, that sounds pretty good.

Bill

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend that you write a review concerning this on TripAdvisor.com.

As a mom, I know that I would DEFINITELY want to know something like this before taking my family there!

That being said, we've gone to PB twice and loved it. The first time was just the DH and me and the second time we took our two youngest kids (both teens) with us. We plan to go yet again, when we take our 25h anniversary cruise in a few days! We're both really looking forward to it, especially since I keep hearing about the pool, which wasn't there in 2010.

Oh yeah! I have now done so much research my head is spinning...It is now in my top three choices...Chankanaab (again), Money Bar, or just wind up @ ElCid...(again) - this will be our 11th or 12th time to dock here since we've only cruised out of Galveston...but we obviously LOVE it!!

Carnival Magic...now I'm jealous!!! :D You better come back and do a review for me with lots of pictures. I WILL get on that ship one day!

I have never heard anyone mention El Cid. Tell me more about it. Do you have pictures? Give me info. :D

It just works for us, YMMV, & I meant Puerto Maya/International walking distance...it is just right there...the funny thing is many of the snorkel by boat excursions end up snorkeling in the vicinity for part of their tour. Yes, the ships are close...(Hope I'm not hi jacking...just love to explore all the options!)

P1040204.JPG

P1040191.JPG

PB180155.JPG

Oh yeah! I have now done so much research my head is spinning...It is now in my top three choices...Chankanaab (again), Money Bar, or just wind up @ ElCid...(again) - this will be our 11th or 12th time to dock here since we've only cruised out of Galveston...but we obviously LOVE it!!

It just works for us, YMMV, & I meant Puerto Maya/International walking distance...it is just right there...the funny thing is many of the snorkel by boat excursions end up snorkeling in the vicinity for part of their tour. Yes, the ships are close...(Hope I'm not hi jacking...just love to explore all the options!)

Talk about having your head spinning. You are starting to spin mine now. :eek: I thought I kinda had things narrowed down, but now you are adding to the mix.

Ok, so when you are at the dock and come out of the port, you head to the left? Just wondering...I'm going to look it up on google earth some more. We will be on a NCL ship, so it won't be right next door to our dock and I'll have to check this out. I'm assuming it's to the right of our dock then.

Hi Mitsugirly,

That ship that you see in the last photo of El Cid is docked at the International Pier next to the Puerta Maya pier.

So El Cid is to the left of those piers and a short walk.

If you dock at Punta Langosta pier then you would go right off of the pier to El Cid but it's not a short walk like it is from the International pier or Puerta Maya.

We were at El Cid's a couple of weeks ago. They charged us $18 pp and $10 of the $18 was credit for food and/or drinks. So between the 2 of us we had $20 of credit. El Cid was very nice. We snorkeled there and we had loungers under a palapa. There was also a pool. They had outdoor and indoor showers with restrooms. The restaurant was very nice. It was open air and looked out at the water.

They also had a more expensive day pass but we went for the less expensive one.

It was really a nice day there.

Hi Mitsugirly,

That ship that you see in the last photo of El Cid is docked at the International Pier next to the Puerta Maya pier.

So El Cid is to the left of those piers and a short walk.

If you dock at Punta Langosta pier then you would go right off of the pier to El Cid but it's not a short walk like it is from the International pier or Puerta Maya.

We were at El Cid's a couple of weeks ago. They charged us $18 pp and $10 of the $18 was credit for food and/or drinks. So between the 2 of us we had $20 of credit. El Cid was very nice. We snorkeled there and we had loungers under a palapa. There was also a pool. They had outdoor and indoor showers with restrooms. The restaurant was very nice. It was open air and looked out at the water.

They also had a more expensive day pass but we went for the less expensive one.

It was really a nice day there.

Thanks for the information. I figured it was that way some where and figured it was past International since I couldn't imagine anything in between. So, I'm going to see if I can look it up online and get some more info. Thanks so much! Do you happen to know any of the pricing on food or drinks? Also, do you prepurchase tickets somewhere? Who do you book with? Do they charge for children? Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for the information. I figured it was that way some where and figured it was past International since I couldn't imagine anything in between. So, I'm going to see if I can look it up online and get some more info. Thanks so much! Do you happen to know any of the pricing on food or drinks? Also, do you prepurchase tickets somewhere? Who do you book with? Do they charge for children? Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)

It is on the north side of the International pier (toward Punta Langosta).

When we went to the restaurant the waiter told us that they had a buffet for $17 pp. We didn't want to do that so we just got some cheese nachos and 2 pina coladas. The nachos were $10 and the drinks were $6 each. Beer was $4. Those were the only prices for food and drink that we were told.

As for going there, you just show up and they tell you about the 2 types of day passes. The more expensive one included food and drinks. I can't remember how much it was. Anyway you just choose which one you want to go with. I don't know how much they charge for children.

Actually as we were approaching El Cid on the sidewalk along the street there was a booth with a couple of guys there and when they saw us one of them started immediately telling us about El Cid. His name was Leo and he was very nice. He explained everything and took us into the resort and got us registered. He told us to keep our receipt for our credit for the restaurant.

I hope this helps.

Last time we were in Cozumel @ International pier, some guy had a sign All Inclusive $20 PP . I wish I had paid more attn. so I could check it out.

We saw something like that too, but we asked the person and everyone had to listen to a 45 min presentation about the resort. We were excited about it since it looked really nice, but we had already been shopping half the day and didn't have time to listen and enjoy the the all-inclusive deal.

It is on the north side of the International pier (toward Punta Langosta).

When we went to the restaurant the waiter told us that they had a buffet for $17 pp. We didn't want to do that so we just got some cheese nachos and 2 pina coladas. The nachos were $10 and the drinks were $6 each. Beer was $4. Those were the only prices for food and drink that we were told.

As for going there, you just show up and they tell you about the 2 types of day passes. The more expensive one included food and drinks. I can't remember how much it was. Anyway you just choose which one you want to go with. I don't know how much they charge for children.

Actually as we were approaching El Cid on the sidewalk along the street there was a booth with a couple of guys there and when they saw us one of them started immediately telling us about El Cid. His name was Leo and he was very nice. He explained everything and took us into the resort and got us registered. He told us to keep our receipt for our credit for the restaurant.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the information. I'm jotting everything down. :D

We were at Paradise Beach last summer. If you have kids, the water toys make this a perfect place to go.

Paradise Beach is approx. a 15-minute taxi ride from the cruise ship piers and costs $12/person for use of the water toys (including kayaks and paddleboards) and floats and another $2/person for a chair and umbrella. What makes this beach so special is the abundance of inflatable water toys which are located in the ocean. From the giant 14 foot iceberg to the water trampolines and slides, my three DS's had an blast somersaulting into the water, slipping, sliding and jumping to their hearts content into the warm ocean water below.

IMG_4657.jpg

We were able to order lunch right on the beach and it was very good.

IMG_4640.jpg

There is also a trampoline and a large pool at Paradise Beach.

IMG_4649.jpg

The pool is complete with a bar and shallow area which allows lounge chairs to sit in the water.

IMG_4614.jpg

Paradise Beach is a family-oriented beach. We did not see any inappropriate behavior or drunkenness when we were there. Between relaxing under the swaying palms, kayaking, swimming and playing on the inflatable watertoys, Paradise Beach was certainly the perfect place for us to go with our DS's. However, if you are travelling with younger children, I would suggest they wear a lifejacket as the depth of the water around the water toys is deep and would be over their heads.

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

When it was time for us to leave, taxis were lined up and readily available at Paradise Beach and we had no wait to get one.

For more information and to see photos of our day at Paradise Beach, please check out my review located between posts #57- #60 in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=3

If you are interested to see more photos and video clips of our day at Paradise Beach, click on the link to my YouTube video below:

We were at Paradise Beach last summer. If you have kids, the water toys make this a perfect place to go.

However, if you are travelling with younger children, I would suggest they wear a lifejacket as the depth of the water around the water toys is deep and would be over their heads.

For more information and to see photos of our day at Paradise Beach, please check out my review located between posts #57- #60 in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=3

If you are interested to see more photos and video clips of our day at Paradise Beach, click on the link to my YouTube video below:

Thanks so much for the review and pictures.

I do have a question though...you mentioned (as others have in various threads) about the water being over your head (if you have a little one). Well my question is, I have a 5 year old...she is adventurous and will do just about anything, however, I'm beginning to wonder (if we pick this place) would she even be able to climb up on any of the water toys? Someone mentioned that it took some muscles to climb them and I would hate to go there and pay $12 and then her not be able to climb them because they are too tall or steep. (She has been on tall things like a huge blow up water slide at Great Stirrup Cay and climbed it with no problem. However, these look a little steep to me). Any thoughts? She's the little one going up in the middle with her daddy following.

IMG_7449-S.jpg

Archived