On Carnival Breeze 4/4/13 - Beach?

jacksmom09

Hi! trying to decide if we should do a Carnival excursion including either Eagle beach or Moomba beach and sightseeing on bus or trolley or try to do a beach on our on? Never been to Aruba so no idea about a good beach! Is one close/easy to get to from port? We are me, dh and ds (16) and may want to do jet ski but not a deal breaker! We would like chairs and a beach bar! Any ideas?

You can find everything you are looking for on Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. The beaches in Aruba are gorgeous. Just browse through some of the many threads on this board, or use the search feature. You should be able to find out tons of info.

Hi! trying to decide if we should do a Carnival excursion including either Eagle beach or Moomba beach and sightseeing on bus or trolley or try to do a beach on our on? Never been to Aruba so no idea about a good beach! Is one close/easy to get to from port? We are me, dh and ds (16) and may want to do jet ski but not a deal breaker! We would like chairs and a beach bar! Any ideas?

We are on the same cruise with you and are looking for the exact info

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at Eagle Beach - I took the Arubus public bus from town (outside the dock gates and across the street). It was $2.50 each way, took about 15 minutes, and dropped me a block from the beach by Amsterdam Manor; picked me up right at the beach going back. I didn't use the facilities but they rent chairs under palapa umbrellas for $15, have plenty of water activities for hire (including jet skis), and there was a beach bar right there. Beautiful sand and water although when the wind picked up everyone was getting sand blasted.

Here's a picture of the beach; I just put my towel under an empty umbrella and spent most of the time in the water.

16iibkk.jpg

I was just at Eagle Beach - I took the Arubus public bus from town (outside the dock gates and across the street). It was $2.50 each way, took about 15 minutes, and dropped me a block from the beach by Amsterdam Manor; picked me up right at the beach going back. I didn't use the facilities but they rent chairs under palapa umbrellas for $15, have plenty of water activities for hire (including jet skis), and there was a beach bar right there. Beautiful sand and water although when the wind picked up everyone was getting sand blasted.

Here's a picture of the beach; I just put my towel under an empty umbrella and spent most of the time in the water.

16iibkk.jpg

how warm was it when you were there? trees/shade anywhere? thanks

Paul we have cruised the past 4 or 5 years with you at spring break:D

CalifCruiser1,

I am most looking forward to this one since it may be our last Spring Break cruise as a family; our oldest son Bryson graduates this year and will be in college with a different SB time. I don't know that 'looking forward to' is the best term.........lots of SB memories for us that we'll really miss. :o

CalifCruiser1,

I am most looking forward to this one since it may be our last Spring Break cruise as a family; our oldest son Bryson graduates this year and will be in college with a different SB time. I don't know that 'looking forward to' is the best term.........lots of SB memories for us that we'll really miss. :o

So true know what you mean, the last 3 years we have been kid less but I work for a school district, so still take the spring break cruise. It's different without the kids, but nice too. My now 23 yr old son met a girl on one of those cruises -5 years ago and they are still dating. Enjoy your family cruise!!:D

How easy is it to get to Palm Beach? Bus or Taxi?? How far from port? TIA!

Palm Beach, just north of Eagle Beach is very easy to get to by bus, $2.30us each way. #10 leaves the station just a block from the cruise dock, runs on the half hour leaving, on the hour returning from the end of the line near the California Lighthouse on the west end. The last beach before the lighthouse is where the tour catamarans take a bunch of snorkelers, but you can snorkel right from the beach. We did not stop at Palm.

how warm was it when you were there? trees/shade anywhere? thanks
It was a perfect day except for the breeze, about 80F but fairly humid. There were plenty of trees back from the beach near the road. I found an umbrella without any chairs so that's where I put my towel. I was only there a couple of hours and didn't have a problem, but perhaps if it was more crowded they would have asked me to move.

This is a view from the bus a bit south of Amsterdam Manor; there were more trees up where I was, especially near the buildings and bus stop.

243rxoz.jpg

Taxi's to and from Eagle or Palm Beach are fairly reasonable: less than $5 per person. At Eagle Beach we walked closer to the Arubian/LaCabana resort and paid less than across from the Amsterdam hotel for chairs. Some just put their chairs under the trees for shade. Surf was rough, so ocean access was not an option. As mentioned bus transportation is $2.50 or less each way and very easy. Just ask the driver to let you know where "X" bus stop is located. Stopping at the Radisson on Palm Beach is a good area, as there are Public Vendors available. You can walk right through the hotel and head Left as you look at the sea. Only issue is chairs are set up really close together. Ok if you are with a small group, but not my idea of relaxing if you wish to "sleep". Jet skis, Banana Boat rides etc. are available in this area too.

Archived