Should the new automatic gratuity program apply to babies ?

I just go off Allure and this was the first cruise I have been on when the new automatic gratuity program applied . I did not receive any prior notification from RCL but received a letter from them when I was given my sea pass card.

Luckily because of Cruise Critic, I was aware of the new program.

Anyway, I am just wondering whether you feel that the $12 per day charge should be applied to babies?

Andrew

I know when we took my 2 year old grandson on a cruise the tips they received for him were well earned. We had extra garbage in the room with his diapers, he received extra attention in the dining room etc. I had no problem paying tips for him and in fact I gave extra because I felt it was well deserved.

We had extra garbage in the room with his diapers, he received extra attention in the dining room etc.

Yes, for these reasons. Also, I don't know if you're talking an actual baby or a toddler. Toddlers are destructive and require lots of cleaning up after. I would say parents of toddlers certainly should pay the tips for them.

Envelopes are also available at the GR desk. No vouchers anymore;).

And yes, I think every passenger should pay the recommended tips - no matter what size! I consider it part of the cost of cruising and factor it in to the total price:).

Have sailed many times with family from 10 months and up. Always the crew has earned the tip given for the littlest members. They go out of the way to make the children happy, to say nothing of the countless diapers, baby food containers, formula cans, etc they have to pick up in the cabin and the lovely freshly pureed items the chef provides in the MDR. Yes, tips are well earned. (We always have given extra from the littlest family members)

Have sailed many times with family from 10 months and up. Always the crew has earned the tip given for the littlest members. They go out of the way to make the children happy, to say nothing of the countless diapers, baby food containers, formula cans, etc they have to pick up in the cabin and the lovely freshly pureed items the chef provides in the MDR. Yes, tips are well earned. (We always have given extra from the littlest family members)

I love watching the crew interact with kids - talk about spoiling them rotten.

I just go off Allure and this was the first cruise I have been on when the new automatic gratuity program applied . I did not receive any prior notification from RCL but received a letter from them when I was given my sea pass card.

Luckily because of Cruise Critic, I was aware of the new program.

Anyway, I am just wondering whether you feel that the $12 per day charge should be applied to babies?

Andrew

Absolutely, they usually make more work for the crew and as has been said are counted as a passenger.

I fully support tipping at least the recommended amount.

I betcha that people who think they shouldn't have to tip for babies have no hesitation about claiming them as full dependents on their taxes ;).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I am just wondering whether you feel that the $12 per day charge should be applied to babies?

Andrew

absolutely.

a pax is a pax, regardless of their age. they are more work for the cabin stewards( making up the pack n play and breaking it down daily) plus they generate stinky gross diapers to dispose of

they get fawned over in the dining rooms and are often given their meals quicker or little finger foods to keep them occupied.

they are as much work, if not more, than any adult. event he picky obnoxious adults.

Archived