Visa Points = OBC....or not?

I am at my wits end! I've been going back and forth with RCCL about my OBC. Every time I talk to a rep they tell me that they don't see it, put me on hold, confer with a supervisor and then assure me it's there. I say ok - please email me an updated invoice showing the OBC. EVERY invoice is different! :eek: I just received GUEST CONFIRMATION #8 and it's different then #7, #6 etc. OBC that previously showed up on 6 & 7 is NOT on 8 - and yet when i call they tell me not to worry and that it's there!!!! I'm am worried. we sail in 6 days - by now it should ALL be showing! I just don't understand and dread calling back tomorrow a.m. Every time I hang up the phone I'm so confident that the credits are finally applied correctly, then I receive the invoice and they are NOT all there! This is sooooo frustrating. :mad:

Sorry to beat a dead horse :(

Are you calling the RC Visa points line? 888 305-4626.

I called my TA and she confirmed that my points had been converted into SBC. You might try calling your TA. The rep at RC Visa could not see all of my SBC so maybe each agent is limited to what they can say about SBC.

It takes awhile to post but if you are 8 days out then it should be posted already. Take all of your documents with you when you cruise so you have something to show. If there are problems, be sure at least your credit card is credited back with your points!

I had a similar problem with OBC but not through visa.

I asked the person i was speaking to to send me a confirmation email (just confirming the OBC) whilst i was on the phone.

Got to the ship (Indy) no OBC

Showed them the confirmation email, OBC credited by the next morning :)

IIRC, the Visa OBC does not show up on your invoice. If they have told you on the phone that they can see it applied, then you have to trust them. and bring any confirmation emails that you have with you on the cruise.

I went thru the same as you for our cruise last month. Had OBC from 3 different sources -booking, gift certificate, and Visa. I was a bit nervous about it, but in the end all OBC was applied correctly by Day 2. I never had to visit Guest Services.

Also, I found it a bit odd, but the Visa OBC was split in half and applied separately to my DH and myself. It did not just get applied in one total to our stateroom. Even though our Seapass account was paid together, the Visa credits listed individually.

No TA. Booked with RCCL. I've spoken with C&A, Royal Rewards and Gifts & Gear.

The thing is I shouldn't have to just trust the rep when she says she can see them all they should show up on the invoice just like all the other purchases. :(

I will call again this morning and hopefully get an invoice that shows ALL the OBC.

I would suggest you stop freaking out about this. We've used RCCL VISA points for onboard credit the past 5-6 years. We always took a copy of the confirmation and never called once to ask them about it or looked for anything on an invoice. Every time, the OBC showed up on our account on the TV around the second day of the cruise. Relax!!:)

Rather than calling them, do the online chat and get them to verify what OBC is showing. At the end of the conversation, you can have the transcript sent to your email address. You then have a written verification of the OBC.

As others have said, the OBC will NOT show up on your invoice prior to sailing.

Once onboard, don't even waste your time checking on the OBC until the second or third day. It won't show up until then.

If you have a copy of your transcript and a copy of the VISA transaction you should have no issues if it's not there - but I bet it will be by day #3 (since they say it is showing). We have used Visa points for OBC and have never had problems but I always verify it before on online chat because I don't want to deal with issues on vacation.

Have a great cruise! :)

Archived