Jewel of the Seas or Adventure before dry dock?

I'm in a bind.. I booked Adventure today, and got a great aft junior suite (1694).. I'm worried about it being the final cruise before it's dry dock though and them starting work or the ship looking tired.. What would you guys do? Stay with this cruise, or change ships and go on Jewel of the Seas? I can get a hump Junior suite on the jewel or an aft regular balcony. It's all about the same price.. What would you guys do? HELP! I like the ports better on Adventure's itinerary..

IMHO - you bring up a good point and I don't have any experience in a pre dry dock however, if it was my vacation, I would not want to take the chance. I would guess RCCL would do everything possible to not interfere with the customers but the drydock is time and $$ sensitive so just to be safe.... JEWEL

I had been looking at this too...I guess I'll wait :confused::(

I booked it with that awesome cabin and I'm 98% sure I'm sticking with Adventure. Royal Caribbean wouldn't want to "ruin" someones cruise so if they're changing carpets or something, big deal. The only thing that would bother me is if a venue was closed down for some of the cruise. I would miss the royal promenade too much on Jewel and I really want to see Aruba and Curacao.

They can't start any dry dock on my cabin or my amazing aft balcony that is huge.. Mine the whole week and they can't touch it! :)

I booked it with that awesome cabin and I'm 98% sure I'm sticking with Adventure. Royal Caribbean wouldn't want to "ruin" someones cruise so if they're changing carpets or something, big deal. The only thing that would bother me is if a venue was closed down for some of the cruise. I would miss the royal promenade too much on Jewel and I really want to see Aruba and Curacao.

They can't start any dry dock on my cabin or my amazing aft balcony that is huge.. Mine the whole week and they can't touch it! :)

If your 98% sure then no need to second guess yourself..I've had those huge balcony aft wake views too and their amazing...Enjoy :)

I did the pre-dry dock on the Radiance May of 2011. Three things I noticed. They were running internet cables in the hallways during the day. It was a ladder to walk around, did not affect my cruise one bit. The second was there was several times we noticed groups walking around taking pictures of various spaces and talking about how to do this or that. This was actually a benefit. I'm nosy and always like hearing about the logistics of dry-docks, so I got to ask question after question of the lead timetable planner. We talked for an hour about the process, and what was involved.

The third thing was a little bit of a negative, but only if you planned on taking one last lap around the ship before you left. Most of the outdoor public areas were closed on disembarkation day. There was not last trip to the heli-pad, or up to the pool deck, or the running track. They had closed them all and were starting their dry dock work. I just shrugged my shoulders and we headed to our embarkation station. Like I said only negative if you make it.

We would book a pre-dry dock cruise again in a heart beat. Don't let it scare you off.

I did the pre-dry dock on the Radiance May of 2011. Three things I noticed. They were running internet cables in the hallways during the day. It was a ladder to walk around, did not affect my cruise one bit. The second was there was several times we noticed groups walking around taking pictures of various spaces and talking about how to do this or that. This was actually a benefit. I'm nosy and always like hearing about the logistics of dry-docks, so I got to ask question after question of the lead timetable planner. We talked for an hour about the process, and what was involved.

The third thing was a little bit of a negative, but only if you planned on taking one last lap around the ship before you left. Most of the outdoor public areas were closed on disembarkation day. There was not last trip to the heli-pad, or up to the pool deck, or the running track. They had closed them all and were starting their dry dock work. I just shrugged my shoulders and we headed to our embarkation station. Like I said only negative if you make it.

We would book a pre-dry dock cruise again in a heart beat. Don't let it scare you off.

Thank you :)

Since this will be a 1 month dry dock I guess they will wait for all passengers to disembark.

Besides that the ship has to go all the way to Freeport which will take at least 1.5 days to reach.

The will start work immediately. These things are on very tight timelines, and the quicker they can get started the better. I wouldn't be surprised if they have many areas of the ship being worked or getting ready to be worked on as the passengers are disembarking. I also wouldn't be surprised if the ship isn't have torn apart by the time it gets to Freeport.

The will start work immediately. These things are on very tight timelines, and the quicker they can get started the better. I wouldn't be surprised if they have many areas of the ship being worked or getting ready to be worked on as the passengers are disembarking. I also wouldn't be surprised if the ship isn't have torn apart by the time it gets to Freeport.

Have you been on a cruise the week before dry dock?

That's what I'm saying they will start as soon as the passengers start to disembark..

Colesc15, you could also contact Corporate Guest Relations & inquire. They won't steer you away from the cruise but will probably offer you some reassurance with the timeline. Adventure is a great ship with awesome staff. I recently booked this same cruise!

I ended up calling crown and anchor. They told me that basically they won't start anything except measurements for this sailing and if any main venue would be forced to shut down they would let us on the sailing know to compensate for whatever is closed so they said it shouldn't impact the sailing and they show nothing that should have to be shut down. :)

I ended up calling crown and anchor. They told me that basically they won't start anything except measurements for this sailing and if any main venue would be forced to shut down they would let us on the sailing know to compensate for whatever is closed so they said it shouldn't impact the sailing and they show nothing that should have to be shut down. :)

Which makes me feel even better about my decision lol

Archived