Contemplating Celebrity

Lilycat2010

Hello! My husband and I have recently become addicted to cruising. We've cruised twice with Norwegian and twice with Holland America. Been very happy with all.

We have been thinking of trying Celebrity and are looking at the Equinox 10 Day Southern Caribbean for next February. The Aqua class sounds fabulous!

Now, I'm reading here about the 1,2,3, Go thing and I'm thinking we may not wait. I do have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can answer:

1. The beverage package sounds like a great deal. My husband is a huge beer lover. Can someone tell me what beers are served on Equinox and which are $5? I know I can happy with an $8 glass of wine, but he's a picky one!

2. Can you get the promotion by simply putting down a deposit? Or do you have to pay in full?

3. Are only certain TAs able to get the promotion (may be a stupid question). We just started using a new TA for our last Holland cruise and I'm just not sure if they work with all lines.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Can't answer the first one but if you do a search, I have seen a thread where all the drink prices are listed. You can get the promotion simply by requesting the one you want with your deposit. You do not have to pay in full when you initially book. Any TA should be able to apply for the promotion. If they are unfamiliar with it they should just call Celebrity and it will be explained.

We have sailed the Equinox 10 night twice and loved it! You will love Celebrity and especially the Solstice class ships!

1. There are tons of threads that list the various beers, but in general, the only ones that fall under the $5 mark are your standard Miller, Coors, Bud, Corona types. Anything more interesting than that (even things like Stella) will require the premium package. It's only $11.50 a day to upgrade, though, which still makes it a great deal.

2. Yes, the deposit will get you the promo.

3. I've talked to a couple of TAs about the promo and they have all had access. I'm sure any decent TA can get it for you.

Hello! My husband and I have recently become addicted to cruising. We've cruised twice with Norwegian and twice with Holland America. Been very happy with all.

We have been thinking of trying Celebrity and are looking at the Equinox 10 Day Southern Caribbean for next February. The Aqua class sounds fabulous!

Now, I'm reading here about the 1,2,3, Go thing and I'm thinking we may not wait. I do have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can answer:

1. The beverage package sounds like a great deal. My husband is a huge beer lover. Can someone tell me what beers are served on Equinox and which are $5? I know I can happy with an $8 glass of wine, but he's a picky one!

2. Can you get the promotion by simply putting down a deposit? Or do you have to pay in full?

3. Are only certain TAs able to get the promotion (may be a stupid question). We just started using a new TA for our last Holland cruise and I'm just not sure if they work with all lines.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Can't help with question #1 but as to the others, all you have to do now is pay a deposit. You could also go ahead and book the cruise directly with Celebrity then transfer it to your TA. But, the promotion is available to everyone.

Another poster responded to me on a different thread that these beers are part of the classic package:

Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic

Not sure where you are located, but if you are in the US, there is no penalty if you book and then decide to cancel before final payment is due. This is different in the UK and perhaps other countries. If the cruise looks interesting and you like the deal and the current cabin price, I'd book it.

Archived