Question about losing deposit?

Jenna

I am in the process of booking a cruise for the summer of 2014 (just waiting for my next paycheck ;)), but now I am hearing that my fiancé may not be able to take his leave from the Navy this year when originally planned. If I book the cruise, is there anyway to move the date/change the booking without losing our $500 deposit? I figure if I called RCCL and didn't cancel my booking but merely change to a different date (or even a different ship??) it would not count as a loss.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks :D

I am in the process of booking a cruise for the summer of 2014 (just waiting for my next paycheck ;)), but now I am hearing that my fiancé may not be able to take his leave from the Navy this year when originally planned. If I book the cruise, is there anyway to move the date/change the booking without losing our $500 deposit? I figure if I called RCCL and didn't cancel my booking but merely change to a different date (or even a different ship??) it would not count as a loss.

That is correct about final payment date. Here in the United States, if you cancel before the date that final payment is due, you get every penny back.

That final payment is due:

2-5 night cruises - 60 days before sailing

6+ night cruises - 75 days before sailing

any cruise that includes Christmas or New Year's Eve - 90 days before sailing

There is also travel insurance that you can buy that SPECIFICALLY lists military service as a "pre-existing condition", if you will, that gets you all of your money back if a serviceperson can't cruise because of military duty.

You can switch that reservation around as much as you want before final payment date!

:)

Once you book a cruise and get a booking number, you can change dates as many times as needed. Just remember to keep the same booking number each time you change.:)

Once you book a cruise and get a booking number, you can change dates as many times as needed. Just remember to keep the same booking number each time you change.:)

Not in the UK though. Each change costs £75 per person. It's about time this changed.

Not in the UK though. Each change costs £75 per person. It's about time this changed.

Yeh I was going to change as I just had a car accident.however I am scrapping it and hoping I will have enough saved by then.it's very hard though as we are sacrificing everything and living a very basic life ATM.considering the deposit is 650.A change at 75 x5 is still alot.

Yes I know I should have taken out insurance,but didn't know you could have at the time. was going to take out travel insurance nearer the time.

Just keep thinking of the cruise;)

Just keep thinking of the cruise :)

Getting sick of baked beans already and have until 17 th may yet :p

Also I have 2800 obc which we will lose if we change.

That really is mostly why I was trying to stick with the one booked.

Hoping for an interim payment from insurance then all will be well.:)

Archived