Cabins on Diamond/Sapphire Princess Aloha deck

ski1013

I'm considering an interior aft cabin on the Aloha Deck of Diamond/Sapphire Princess. I've traditionally stayed on lower decks of cruise ships, but thought this would be easier for top deck access. I'd like to be able to walk out to the terrace pool area - is there a direct door at the end of the hallway?

Also, any reviews or comments of these rooms in general?

Terrace Pool is sweet. Your might be on the right track......BUT on Sapphire, Aft will vibrate the Ba-Jesus out of you. Stay in the Mid-Fwd for silence.

I almost always stay aft on the Sapphire and never had a problem with vibration. Aft is actually my preferred location.

Check to see where your room is located. We were on the Aloha deck on the Diamond and just under where the pool chairs were. It would sound like they were holding grand piano races every night when they would move the chair to clean the decks. Kept me up by DH slept right through it!

I'm considering an interior aft cabin on the Aloha Deck of Diamond/Sapphire Princess. I've traditionally stayed on lower decks of cruise ships, but thought this would be easier for top deck access. I'd like to be able to walk out to the terrace pool area - is there a direct door at the end of the hallway?

Also, any reviews or comments of these rooms in general?

Thanks for the input. I also saw a few interior rooms I liked mid-aft Aloha deck

around A500s/A600s? Has anyone stayed in or near A507? The square footage is more than the interior standard room. Do you know what is around it (there is a void between A506 and A507) Is there something in that void that would be loud?

Thanks for the input. I also saw a few interior rooms I liked mid-aft Aloha deck

around A500s/A600s? Has anyone stayed in or near A507? The square footage is more than the interior standard room. Do you know what is around it (there is a void between A506 and A507) Is there something in that void that would be loud?

Void is bottom of the pool above. Should be no noise at all from it or from above.

The several cabins that are lengthwise to the hallway are arranged nicely inside. Only disadvantage is that the door to the hall is right near the bed, so you need to be sure people in the cabin are "presentable" when you open the door.

We had a mid ship inside cabin on Aloha deck on the Sapphire for a back to back last year. Nice enough cabin but very compact compared to other insides I have booked.

No love seat/2 seater sofa for instance. A round table we had to put in the closet to keep it out of the way. So pretty pokey really.

But access to all parts of the ship were pretty good from mid ship and we were just under one of the pools, didnt hear any noise from above or around us.

Pete

We had a mid ship inside cabin on Aloha deck on the Sapphire for a back to back last year. Nice enough cabin but very compact compared to other insides I have booked.

No love seat/2 seater sofa for instance.

No love seat/2 seater sofa in an inside cabin on any Princess ship.

We stayed in A737 on the Diamond princess, great location, access to the rear deck via door. Great for the pool, bar and buffet:) No noise or vibration for us, only noisy kids either side that were left unattended most nights!!!

Next cruise we have booked A515 on the Diamond (the larger interiors) I have been into these rooms and they are roomier with a different layout. Will post back and let you know how they are.

Chez

xx

I have not stayed in aft interior on the Sapphire but have stayed twice in an aft balcony overlooking the wake of the ship. It was really quiet and quite nice to walk out the door at the end of the hallway and be at the aft pool and horizon court area. I don't remember feeling any significant vibration at all. I did hear noise the night of a pool deck party they had after Puerto Vallarta but that was just that one night. Otherwise, very quiet.

• 2 months later...
We stayed in A737 on the Diamond princess, great location, access to the rear deck via door. Great for the pool, bar and buffet:) No noise or vibration for us, only noisy kids either side that were left unattended most nights!!!

Next cruise we have booked A515 on the Diamond (the larger interiors) I have been into these rooms and they are roomier with a different layout. Will post back and let you know how they are.

Chez

xx

How was your room? I am looking at going on the Sapphire and those rooms are still available. Was there noise from above? Thanks for any info. I have a hold on cabins on Lido but afraid the noise from MUTS will be too loud. Like the idea of going down hall to get to Terrace Pool since balcony cabin is out of price range. Taking kids so need two cabins.

How was your room? I am looking at going on the Sapphire and those rooms are still available. Was there noise from above? Thanks for any info. I have a hold on cabins on Lido but afraid the noise from MUTS will be too loud. Like the idea of going down hall to get to Terrace Pool since balcony cabin is out of price range. Taking kids so need two cabins.

We have stayed in R736 on the Ruby for 33 nights and loved the proximity to the terrace pool and Horizon Court. We have also stayed in A512 on the Diamond for 38 nights and loved this room so much that we have booked it again for our December cruise. We have also booked R508 for next year on our B2B on the Ruby. No noise issues with either room. Depends on whether you value position over size to which one you should choose. Size wins for me every time! :D

Reporting back:) our room was fantastic, A515. Great location near stairs and lift, one floor up and you are in the middle of both pools, or walk aft and take those stairs and you are in the buffet. The cabin is in great condition, extra roomy, we had 6 people in there at one point! Two robes, one has a door, the other one is open, regular size bathroom, best part is the very long built in dressing table along one side of the bed. I would recommend one of these cabins if booking an inside, for our 23 days it was perfect. I will post some pics when i get on my laptop.

Chez

A few years back DW and I stayed in D714 and the kids were right down the hall in D720 (DW didn't know kids (18 & 20 at the time) were coming until they knocked on the door just before the muster drill). It was prime realestate... Just steps from the aft pool/hot pool area which is just steps from the buffet. I would try to avoid being too close to the door as they do often slam. But for inside cabins this location is hard to beat.

Archived