Oasis/Allure deck 12 balconies

We just got off of Allure on Deck 12. However we were in a Boardwalk Balcony. Only negative I had of deck 12 was that after breakfast in the MDR (deck 4) we went to get on the elevator. A group showed up and one guy politely held the door for the women. My wife got on and I stood back to let the other women get in. Well, the group who showed up last, all go on and there was no room for me (they didn't try to make any). I told my wife in a most exacerbated way that I'd simply walk up (hoping they'd get the hint and move in more). So, I hoofed up 8 flights (and I'm 61). Turns out that the group who jumped on were only going up 1 flight! One would thing that someone out of the 6 of them would have just volunteered to walk up the one flight. Anyway, back on topic, if you are a pool person, deck 12 is good. Has cabins above so no pool deck noise. Only 2 flights up to the pool deck and Windjammer. But it's a long way down to the MDR and Promenade. Even Central Park is 4 decks down (Deck 8). Deck 8 is a better location, but again, no real problem with 12.

We just got off of Allure on Deck 12. However we were in a Boardwalk Balcony. Only negative I had of deck 12 was that after breakfast in the MDR (deck 4) we went to get on the elevator. A group showed up and one guy politely held the door for the women. My wife got on and I stood back to let the other women get in. Well, the group who showed up last, all go on and there was no room for me (they didn't try to make any). I told my wife in a most exacerbated way that I'd simply walk up (hoping they'd get the hint and move in more). So, I hoofed up 8 flights (and I'm 61). Turns out that the group who jumped on were only going up 1 flight! One would thing that someone out of the 6 of them would have just volunteered to walk up the one flight. Anyway, back on topic, if you are a pool person, deck 12 is good. Has cabins above so no pool deck noise. Only 2 flights up to the pool deck and Windjammer. But it's a long way down to the MDR and Promenade. Even Central Park is 4 decks down (Deck 8). Deck 8 is a better location, but again, no real problem with 12.

So thoughtful of you. And so completely inconsiderate and selfish of all of them. Although I thought that men are supposed to enter the elevator first so the ladies may exit first.

We will be in a port side D1 on the forward hump on deck 12 on the Oasis in less than a month, so I am very interested to see the answers you get. My in-laws will be in a Central Park Balcony across from us. It seems like a good location to me, but I am a little concerned about the in-laws who tend to get tired out by a lot of walking. I suppose as long as they don't mind waiting for the elevators they should be ok.

We stayed starboard side D1 hump cabin 12594 on Oasis and 12598 on Allure. I loved the location. We spent most of our time on deck 15 in the solarium or by the pool. Our son was often at Adventure Ocean kids club on deck 14. We used the stairs to go up to these decks ..... got to work off the food somehow :) We experienced no noise from the pool deck (deck 15).

We just got back a few days ago and had a deck 12 balcony and we enjoyed it. Very quiet and great views even if you're docked next to another ship in port because you're so high. It's close to the pool and solarium. The only down side is quite a trek to promenade, dining room, theater. We would book a deck 12 again

Are there any drawbacks to deck 12? I have generally stayed on Deck 8. We booked an oceanview balcony on Deck 12 forward on Allure.

We stayed on deck 12 on Oasis and Allure, Mid ship, starboard side. Great location and loved it. My preferred deck on this class ship.

Wife and I just got off a midship deck 12 JS on Oasis. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Very quiet and as others have said the view in port is great even if other ships are alongside. The only downside is you are a long way from everything. Most of the time the elevators are speedy but there were a few times when they choked (like after muster drill). We ate mostly in the Windjammer and specialty restaurants and the Viking Crown lounge was our preferred watering hole for before/after dinner drinks. Deck 12 is very convenient for the pools, Windjammer, and Viking Crown. I read that because of the presence on deck 12 of the Royal and Royal family suites your room steward will be good. Not sure if that's true but our room steward, Mike, was great. We would do it all over again just the same.

We just had 5 cabins forward on deck 12 of Allure (3 bump out balconies and 2 Central Park). Deck 12 great for going to pool, kids club, Windjammer, Solarium and sport activities. We always walked down to Central Park, took elevators to Promenade, Boardwalk, shows, dining room. Sometimes even walked down the 7 or 8 flights, but not up! So 50/50 as to convenience to whatever you were doing. Very quiet, no pool noise. Next time might go with the Central Park view (my son's family had two cabins there right across from us - that way we could experience water and Central Park views). They liked people watching and listening to music at night. if you have more than one cabin I think it is essential to get balcony rooms together so you can have steward open up partitions and you can make one big balcony to go back and forth, was great for kids.

Elevators were slow at times, and was amazed how many healthy looking people would wait to take an elevator up or down one floor.

We just had 5 cabins forward on deck 12 of Allure (3 bump out balconies and 2 Central Park). Deck 12 great for going to pool, kids club, Windjammer, Solarium and sport activities. We always walked down to Central Park, took elevators to Promenade, Boardwalk, shows, dining room. Sometimes even walked down the 7 or 8 flights, but not up! So 50/50 as to convenience to whatever you were doing. Very quiet, no pool noise. Next time might go with the Central Park view (my son's family had two cabins there right across from us - that way we could experience water and Central Park views). They liked people watching and listening to music at night. if you have more than one cabin I think it is essential to get balcony rooms together so you can have steward open up partitions and you can make one big balcony to go back and forth, was great for kids.

Elevators were slow at times, and was amazed how many healthy looking people would wait to take an elevator up or down one floor.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. My DH looks a healthy as a horse but wears knee braces under his pants. Stairs are very painful for him. :)

We did deck 12 last time and enjoyed it so much doing it again this time. We tend to spend a lot of time at the pools and somehow always need to go back and forth to the cabin from there.

At night, we usually go down to dinner and then hang out on the promenade or other lounges/clubs so only need to go back up at the end of the night.

Works out great for us. Think about where you will spend a lot of your time and stay closest to that area.

Archived