Celebrity just told me all in cabin must buy drink pkg

TMWOOD1012

thanks everybody...

I figured she was misinforming me when I saw it was signed Royal Caribbean Int'l as I know from these boards that RCCL does make all in the cabin buy the same package. I had relatives just get off one of their ships last month and that was the case.

This isn't going to work for everyone -- we just booked the 123 package --- we don't normally spend much aboard. We have the Elite perks, other than a little wine that is all we purchase. With the great deal we figured it cost us about $336 total for each of us to have the Classic package for our 14 day cruise, and we intend to enjoy the hell out of it! :D

The woman told me unless you drink 7 glasses a day of wine and coffee or both, it is not worth it.

The woman told me unless you drink 7 glasses a day of wine and coffee or both, it is not worth it.

Well that is a bit of an exaggeration! Do you like fresh squeezed oj at breakfast? A cappuccino? A pina colada by the pool? A coke or a beer at lunch? Those charges do add up.

DH and I do not think the drinks package works for us. DH doesn't drink alcohol, for one thing. I like a pina colada by the pool, a martini before dinner, and I usually buy a bottle of wine every three-four days to have during dinner. Other than that, we stick with the free coffee, iced tea, etc. So for us it doesn't pay, but I know many many people love it.

Hi Andy:

Since the OP has not been back, I wonder if he actually wants the 1,2,3 promotion, expressed that to Celebrity and didn't put that in his original post. Just a thought.

Could be Don. Hopefully they will return and share addtional details with us.

Celebrity would not

be stupid enough to turn down the money for the 1 person who does

drink because the other person does not....:eek:

I find it refreshing that Celebrity allows one person in a cabin to get a drink package, but not the other- but it seems almost every other cruise line is "stupid enough" to do what you state...

On many cruises my DH has purchased the classic non alcoholic drink package. He drinks lots of soda and specialty coffees. He also likes the convenience of not having to sign each time he orders a beverage.I do not drink carbonated sodas or fancy coffee. I like ordinary tea...hot or cold. A few times I have bought a bottle of water....and a few glasses of wine.For him, the drink package is good. For me, it would be bad. WE did sail on another line recently that would only sell drink packages to the whole cabin. WE did not buy it. We noticed that our drink bill wasn't very high. As a result, on our next cruise we have decided to not get the drink package. If my DH starts to drink heavily, we can opt to buy the package on the ship.

Make that "7 wine, cocktail, spirit, beer, or coffee" .. Yes 7 is the "break-even" , thats not difficult.

Wow--DOWNselling? Unheard of. Here's what I would do. Save your drink receipts for a couple of days (or check your onboard account on your TV). Then see exactly how much you are spending on drinks. If you find that you are spending more than a drink package costs, you can just purchase onboard, prorated for the remaining days on your cruise.

Wrong. The package has to be purchased for the entire cruise, you can't prorate it on a day by day basis.

Wrong. The package has to be purchased for the entire cruise, you can't prorate it on a day by day basis.

Any Celebrity cruise we've done, you've been able to purchase the package for the remaining days if you decide once you've boarded. I think it's up 4 (?) days before the end of the cruise, but no doubt someone will know for definite.

Lou

Any Celebrity cruise we've done, you've been able to purchase the package for the remaining days if you decide once you've boarded. I think it's up 4 (?) days before the end of the cruise, but no doubt someone will know for definite.

Lou

You may purchase the beverage packages on-board up to at least 2 nights left on the cruise...once you purchase it, it is for the remainder of the cruise...and yes, the price is adjusted accordingly.

Enjoy

Woody

20 minutes ago I purchased premium package for my son for our Connie cruise next week but not his roommate. No problem. Then I purchased a package for myself but not my hubby. No problem.

Off topic: which sailing? We are on the March 28...

We decided to go with drink packages Prem Non Alcoholic for DS and DD and Prem Alcohol for us....

Where are you coming from? Train service to Paris from LeHarve or Rouen is easy. Take a taxi to the station, buy a ticket, and go. Trains run frequently. Know the schedule. I have taken the trains in France many times. They run on schedule and rarely go on strike like Italy. Trains are also much quicker than taking a bus or the ship's transfer. Rouen to Paris is about one hour....bus would take twice that time. Also, if you are a senior citizen be sure to ask for your discount.

Speaking to the OP's feedback, was this possibly a 1-2-3 promo with the drink package as the amenity? Because in that case, I would expect the answer to be that everyone in the cabin needs to take the same amenity. Can't have one person take the free gratuities and one take the drink package.

This is very easily proven/solved, login to your MyCelebrity and add drink packages. You do NOT have to buy for the whole cabin. Additionally you may purchase any package, at any bar, you can do this if you have at least 2 days left in your itinerary.

Bill

Where do you see that? Because on the Celebrity website it specifically says that the package is sold on a per-cruise basis, not a per-day basis.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

Your list of cruises is impressive. Your just providing incorrect info. Just goes to show ya I spose.....

Best

Bill

Where do you see that? Because on the Celebrity website it specifically says that the package is sold on a per-cruise basis, not a per-day basis.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

Unless things have changed, what they mean is, that regardless of what day you begin your beverage package, you must purchase it for the balance of the cruise. You can't just buy it on day 3 (for example) and buy it for the next 3 days of a 12 day cruise. You must by it for the 10 remaining days.

Hi Meg,

The info about purchasing the packages on-board used to be included in the FAQ Section of the website, however, when they revised that FAQ Section, quite a bit of detailed information (on various topics) has been omitted. The Celebrity Policy has always been that the Beverage Packages may be purchased on-board, up until there are at least 2 nights left on the cruise...and once purchased, are for the remainder of the cruise...as elena7seas stated.

Hope this helps.

Woody

Archived