New Cruiser: Forward, Midship or Aft ?

jvitatoe26

Hello, I'm currently booked in 7424, interior, 4E on Valor. This is aft. I have heard from friends who have cruised before that despite the proximity to dining, pool, etc that forward is better, and the reasoning was sorta bizarre...they claimed that their travel mates were in an aft cabin and that it smelled like a sewer versus their room smelling like laundry?! Can anyone verify whether or not this is even close to being normal, or if like sewage pipes do seem to get clogged routinely making this an issue? If so, Id like to switch to forward, but I figured it was worth asking the really experienced cruisers here first :)

That "sewer smell" can happen anywhere, on any ship....it's not location specific....

We prefer a midship location, near stairs and elevators. It just makes getting around much easier! When you see how long the hallways are, you'll understand!

• 10 months later...

I would also suggest that amidships is the best overall for logistics, but one thing that has not been mentioned is that a midship location will, overall, be less affected by the ships pitching. As far as roll, the lowest deck possible will be best for that. Being new cruisers and maybe not sure if you get motion sickness, I would suggest starting off amidships and low to be on the safe side. Once out and about around the ship, you'll get a better idea of just how susceptible you may be to motion, but would at least have a "safe" place to go to with the least motion possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app