Reflection Aqua class on Deck 11. Should I do an A1 or an A2 Aft? Pros and Cons of

stipmom

The hump cabins are great - larger balconies, centrally located. Yes, there is some noise from the pool deck in the morning but not enough to persuade me to choose a different location next time around.

Depends what's important to you.

Look at the spreadsheet for reports from other cruisers who have sailed on S class ships.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Have you ever been in an aft cabin? I sailed in an A2 aft cabin on the Solstice and the view was wonderful, but in the evening, the sun was so blaringly warm and bright that I had to close both curtains while I was getting ready for dinner or relaxing in the late afternoon. For that reason alone, I probably wouldn't choose an aft cabin unless I had no other options. For what its worth, we were on a Mediterranean cruise in June.

I did look at the spreadsheet but the numbering is different on the Reflection than on the other Solistice class ships on that particular deck. For example, 1666 is the last cabin before the afts on the Silhouette but it is 11 cabins in on the Reflection.

each if you have been on that ship please.

Have been AQ1 and AQ2. Both are fine. I would suggest however, if you do one-watch the location. You do not want to be under the gym or whirlpools. Look at the deck above to determine a quiet spot. We had an extended balcony a few times and it was fine.

We also had AQ2. We decided on a cabin at the beginning of the AQ2 area with cabins above and cabins below- this was fine- no noise- we also were not too far to the rear of the ship. Actually my AMEX travel agent was able to get me a discount on A1- so the cost was the same.

'Had 1601 (A1 Deck 11) on the Reflection in January and loved the cabin.

Hump cabin, very large balcony, bed by the balcony....great location by the Library/elevators.

'Would book this cabin again without question.

We were debating this ourselves and decided on an A2 (sandwiched between two decks of cabins) instead of an A1, since we couldn't get an A1 with the extra large balcony. It just didn't make sense to spend the money on an A1 without that perk.

Archived