First night in MDR

SoBaycruiser

I should know this but it's been a long time since we've had assigned seating in the MDR. We will be sailing out of Dover on the Ocean Princess at 5pm. We of course want to be out and about to see the "white cliffs" as we depart. We have the early seating ( I think 6pm). Is the first night dinner very casual dress? Can you go to dinner in jeans? Or do we have to dress for dinner before departure so we are ready to go in at 6?

Thanks

I should know this but it's been a long time since we've had assigned seating in the MDR. We will be sailing out of Dover on the Ocean Princess at 5pm. We of course want to be out and about to see the "white cliffs" as we depart. We have the early seating ( I think 6pm). Is the first night dinner very casual dress? Can you go to dinner in jeans? Or do we have to dress for dinner before departure so we are ready to go in at 6?

Thanks

Jeans with no holes are acceptable in the MDR at anytime.

Jeans with no holes are acceptable in the MDR at anytime.

They may be acceptable but I seem to recall that on the smaller ships, diners dressed more country club casual. Then again it's been a while since I've been on a Princess R-ship.

Archived