IOS 8 Day Eastern review with Pics

Last stop for us was Labadee. This was the first time we had been to Labadee. I was surprised by the lush hillsides that surround the island. Typically these private islands are a small deserted island with a few trees but this stop was really quite pretty.

We rented a Cabana on Nellie's beach which really a good thing for DW as she burns rather easily. The upgraded buffet was nice. Ribs, NY striploin and a few other niceties. You also got to go to the regular buffet to see how the other half lived ;).

So here's a few shots of Labadee

DSC_3550.jpg

DSC_3552.jpg

DSC_3555.jpg

DSC_3557.jpg

DSC_3560.jpg

Just want to say, I read the comment about what lens your using & that it makes the blues & greens stand out, and I think that its a fabulous choice for your photos! I love the way they stand out! Great job.

So the last of my pictures are something you wont see everyday on Cruise Critic. Pictures of a Hockey Game. We were lucky enough to have tickets to see the Montreal Canadiens play the Florida Panthers!

Here's some Hab photos for any fans out there!

DSC_3774.JPG

DSC_3769.JPG

DSC_3783.JPG

DSC_3797.JPG

DSC_3815.JPG

DSC_3823.JPG

And that's all she wrote. Thanks for the comments everyone. I hope you enjoyed my review and pictures.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

• 2 months later...

I'm glad someone found this thread and brought it to the first page - I had not seen it before and the photos are terrific. We'll be on Indy in November on this same itinerary and threads like this really keep our excitement level high. :)

I don't know if the OP will return to this thread but it is obvious that in addition to the top end camera and filter, he is someone who really knows how to set up a picture and to use the filter for great effects. The pictures with natural coloring are muted (browns and greens) but add any object or person with bright colors...WOW!!!

And the 18mm setting helps.

DW will not allow me to buy any more photo equipment but the filter will help.

Edited by The Big Booper

We're booked on the same cruise next March with you!

Yes...the photos are very nice!

That's great!!! Going to be a long wait! Don't you just love these photo's. I need a new camera and would love to buy the one used here the Nikon D3100 DSLR with added Hoya Polarizing Filter that the poster mentioned.

But just can't invest that much in a camera right now. Hoping someone will suggest a camera that is a little less with auto functions & filter.

See ya in March!!! We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Ft Lauderdale Beach day before cruise.

That's great!!! Going to be a long wait! Don't you just love these photo's. I need a new camera and would love to buy the one used here the Nikon D3100 DSLR with added Hoya Polarizing Filter that the poster mentioned.

But just can't invest that much in a camera right now. Hoping someone will suggest a camera that is a little less with auto functions & filter.

See ya in March!!! We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Ft Lauderdale Beach day before cruise.

As long as your present camera has screw threads at the front of the lens, you can buy just the Hoya filter that matches your lens. If you just have a P & S with no threads up front then you're out of luck.

As long as your present camera has screw threads at the front of the lens, you can buy just the Hoya filter that matches your lens. If you just have a P & S with no threads up front then you're out of luck.

Wish I could but, P & S is what I have it has done well in the past, but last trip, land vacation to cape cod my photo's were not good at all. So I had made my mind up to get a new camera before this up coming cruise, but when I looked this camera posted mention on line the price is more that I want to and need to spend right now. I would like to be able to get one soon so I can practice a lot if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Marcy

• 1 month later...