Grand Suite or Aft Junior Suite 1694?

A JS provides plenty of space for 2 people so the difference mainly comes down to the perks.

With 2 people in a GS you are paying for a lot of unused space, unless you want the extra space because you like to throw big parities and invite a lot of people.

The GS perks matter more to some people than others.

An easy way to decide is to think of what you can get with that extra $500 if you don't book the GS.

Then just pick whichever appeals to you more.

If you can swing it, go for the Grand Suite. They are fantastic!

We had one on our first Mariner of the Seas cruise, and our Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruise.

My wife made a slideshows from the pictures she took and posted them on her website.

If you are interested in seeing them you can click on the links below. Each slideshow will play as soon as the page opens, but you can also go through the pictures by clicking on the thumbnails one at a time.

Mariner of the Seas Dec 2011 http://nancysoasis.com/aroundtheship/around.html

Radiance of the Seas Aug 2012 http://nancysoasis.com/radship/ship.html

Happy Sailing!

Thank you:)

Everyone keep the opinions coming!

I would pick the GS. The Voyager class ships have the stadium

seating for suite guests... no fighting for a pool chair. That and

the concierge lounge make it a no brainer for me. And for $500

more that the JS, that's a bargain. Usually it's $1000 more.

A JS provides plenty of space for 2 people so the difference mainly comes down to the perks.

With 2 people in a GS you are paying for a lot of unused space, unless you want the extra space because you like to throw big parities and invite a lot of people.

The GS perks matter more to some people than others.

An easy way to decide is to think of what you can get with that extra $500 if you don't book the GS.

Then just pick whichever appeals to you more.

I figure, the drink part alone.. if me and my other each get 2 drinks per night, thats around 35-40 a day.. Times 7 is almost 300 dollars alone. Plus seating in the shows so we don't have to show up crazy early.

Another vote for the GS here, for a $500 difference.

I would hardly call the extra space "wasted" - it's a really comfortable place to stay, like an upgraded hotel room in the US. In addition to the other goodies mentioned, you get a more comfortable sofa, and breakfast/lunch in Portofino (I think AD only has Portofino). I'm not sure of the setup on AD, but on Mariner and Navigator, her sisters, you could get your breakfast in the Windjammer and then bring it to the specialty restaurant. You could also have cooked to order eggs and a continental spread in there. It's not that the food is better - you don't have to bother looking for a seat, which can be a challenge at peak times.

Other full suite perks include priority tendering and disembarkation (as if you'll want to leave!), upgraded toiletries in the cabin (Gilchrist & Soames is the brand), reserved seating for theater and ice shows (you need to be there 10 minutes ahead of the show)...

But mostly you get a far nicer room. Go for it!:D

Another vote for the GS here, for a $500 difference.

I would hardly call the extra space "wasted" - it's a really comfortable place to stay, like an upgraded hotel room in the US. In addition to the other goodies mentioned, you get a more comfortable sofa, and breakfast/lunch in Portofino (I think AD only has Portofino). I'm not sure of the setup on AD, but on Mariner and Navigator, her sisters, you could get your breakfast in the Windjammer and then bring it to the specialty restaurant. You could also have cooked to order eggs and a continental spread in there. It's not that the food is better - you don't have to bother looking for a seat, which can be a challenge at peak times.

Other full suite perks include priority tendering and disembarkation (as if you'll want to leave!), upgraded toiletries in the cabin (Gilchrist & Soames is the brand), reserved seating for theater and ice shows (you need to be there 10 minutes ahead of the show)...

But mostly you get a far nicer room. Go for it!:D

All which are great!

In room 1324 do you hear any noise from the womens bathroom above the cabin?

The women's restroom is only barely above part of your cabin. The bulk of it is over cabin #1328. Also, it is a restroom that is outside of Portofino and the Windjammer, which are both venues that are closed overnight, so I doubt seriously that you'll have any issues with noise from above during your slumber hours, which I assume is your fear! ;)

Getting a grand suite for only $500 more than the junior suite ($250 per person) is a really great deal! For myself, I always try to get the best bang for my buck, and even though my heart is always "aft", I think I would be inclined to go with the grand suite on the hump for that price! :D

Another predicament guys! What would you guys do? We're going to change our sail date now that RCL added more sailings to Adventure down to the Southern Caribbean.. I can get the same aft JS on this ship (Aft JS 1694) which as you know has the awesome balcony, or for around 500 more we can get a Grand Suite.. Which would you guys choose? Which room would be better? Better balcony? The JS on this new sailing is 1000 cheaper than our current booking, and the Grand SUite is 500 less than our current booking.. Help!

I have not seen the GS- but just had an aft JS on the Adventure in February on deck 10- it was GREAT. The balcony was very deep. Just loved it. It was big enough for 2 loungers, a larger table with 4 chairs. 'We are on the Vision in May for a fjord cruise and we can get a GS cheaper than what we paid for our aft JS- sticking with the aft. Guess it would be nice to try the other type of accommodation- but love that aft.

Fran

Went ahead and got the GS :) Will my gf and I feel out of place in the C. Lounge since we're both only in our early 20's? We're both typically quiet and keep to ourselves

No, I don't think you will feel out of place. There are many couples who come in to the CL by themselves and end up sitting near others and chatting. I've even know Concierges (Reshma on Adventure for one) who would welcome people into the CL, find them places to sit, and introduce them to others sitting nearby.

No, I don't think you will feel out of place. There are many couples who come in to the CL by themselves and end up sitting near others and chatting. I've even know Concierges (Reshma on Adventure for one) who would welcome people into the CL, find them places to sit, and introduce them to others sitting nearby.

That would be great! First time ever in anything above a balcony room, and it's a grand suite to boot :) I'm sure within a few weeks the price will jack up. Heck, just by us moving to the sailing on the 16th of March instead of the 2nd, we saved around 500 bucks and went from a junior suite to a grand suite :)

We're sailing for the first time in a GS on Serenade for a 9 nighter in December.

Would someone who is in the know be so kind as to offer a brief summary of the perks associated with a GS? We are FAR from the level to get perks otherwise other than the coupon booklets so I'm clueless and don't want to miss out on anything.

Or, will they leave a list/summary in the room for us?

Thanks!

Yes, you most likely will get an email from the concierge a week or so before sailing. He will outline the perks and ask if he can assist you prior to cruise. We are also in a GS on the 12Dec Serenade cruise and really looking forward to a bit longer cruise. Most of our have been seven nights and do look forward to nine day cruise. If this is your first GS, you will be so spoiled and won't ever want to book anything less.

Yes, you most likely will get an email from the concierge a week or so before sailing. He will outline the perks and ask if he can assist you prior to cruise. We are also in a GS on the 12Dec Serenade cruise and really looking forward to a bit longer cruise. Most of our have been seven nights and do look forward to nine day cruise. If this is your first GS, you will be so spoiled and won't ever want to book anything less.

Thanks!

Yes, a 9 nighter will be perfect!

Are you on our sailing?

We're on Serenade 12 December out of NOLA.

I'm on this thread as I was trying to find out about suite perks.

We normally do JS and aft if we can snag one but this is for my 50th and the aft GS was available...sooooo that's what we are doing.

:p:p:p

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

If you can swing it, go for the Grand Suite. They are fantastic!

We had one on our first Mariner of the Seas cruise, and our Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruise.

My wife made a slideshows from the pictures she took and posted them on her website.

If you are interested in seeing them you can click on the links below. Each slideshow will play as soon as the page opens, but you can also go through the pictures by clicking on the thumbnails one at a time.

Mariner of the Seas Dec 2011 http://nancysoasis.com/aroundtheship/around.html

Radiance of the Seas Aug 2012 http://nancysoasis.com/radship/ship.html

Happy Sailing!

Lovely! We were on Radiance two years ago before her big overhaul. Looking good!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Went ahead and got the GS :) Will my gf and I feel out of place in the C. Lounge since we're both only in our early 20's? We're both typically quiet and keep to ourselves

Great choice!!! the only problem is that after you experience the "suite life" is really hard to go back to any other type of cabin!! Did anyone mention the GS bathroom? Your GF is going to love it!! Enjoy the Adventure and your suite and don't forget to stop by the new thread "All things Adventure of the Seas". Don't know how to share the link, but you will find tons of information there.:):)

Archived