Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

Once you have established your self with military credit, it will automatically be placed on your account whenever you make a booking.

My son is a severely disabled veteran and he got military credit both times he cruised. However...

The first time I asked the TA about it and the credit was applied. The second cruise was booked directly with Princess and there was no military credit applied until I called Princess and asked them to apply it. I had to (once again) send a copy of his DD 214 to prove his status. I don't know why it didn't stick from the first time but it definitely didn't.

Don't take it for granted that it will be there. Check...

My son is a severely disabled veteran and he got military credit both times he cruised. However...

The first time I asked the TA about it and the credit was applied. The second cruise was booked directly with Princess and there was no military credit applied until I called Princess and asked them to apply it. I had to (once again) send a copy of his DD 214 to prove his status. I don't know why it didn't stick from the first time but it definitely didn't.

Don't take it for granted that it will be there. Check...

I am not sure, but I think that initially Princess did not have the capability of passing the Military info to future cruises.

I am not sure, but I think that initially Princess did not have the capability of passing the Military info to future cruises.

That was the situation when it was implemented & thankfully it's no longer necessary. It should automatically be shown with every online Princess quote.

That was the situation when it was implemented & thankfully it's no longer necessary. It should automatically be shown with every online Princess quote.

And we only had to submit it once. I guess they know me. :D

It may be on a dart board, but I am sure they have your picture all over the main office. :)

I wish it were one that reads "she needs a major upgrade." ;) That's for a room of course, not an overhaul. :cool:

The shareholder credit is in addition to any other OBC you might have from other sources.

Shareholders with 100 shares get $100/year in dividends plus any OBC.

So $100 dividend and $100 OBC make for a 6% return on a $3000. investment.

Between our OBC and dividends we had a return of more than 10% in 2012.

We bought it in 2010 for $30/share.

That year, got $250 in SH OBC and $100 in dividends.

In 2011, we got $100 in SH OBC and $100 in dividends.

In 2012, we got $500 in SH OBC and $125 in dividends because CCL paid $50 in Dec.

For 2013, we know we will get a minimum of $100 OBC for what we've booked so far and probably at least $100 in dividends.

A $1375 return in just 3 years on a $3000 investment? That's a 45.8% return. I'd say that's a pretty great return, wouldn't you?

It is based on how you book it. Since you have one cruise (one booking number) you will get one award. The same is true for the Military Benefit, FCCs and the Loyalty OBC. It is always good to check the OBC as well as the cruise cost for each way of booking and select the best one for you.

Plus you get credit for 2 cruises rather than 1 for Captain's Circle status.

If you book a b2b as one cruise, after the cruise, call Princess and they will give you credit for the second cruise.

Hmmm... We have booked 2 b2b cruises as one cruise.....who do we need to call for our extra credit?

I called 1-800-Princess and asked for the Captain's Circle. I have done it twice. No problems either time. The extra cruise credits can help you move up in CC level as well as helping when you start receiving the Loyalty OBC.

They leave the days on the first leg, so I show the ship and year and one Cruise credit with say 14 days and a second line with one cruise credit and zero days.

I called 1-800-Princess and asked for the Captain's Circle. I have done it twice. No problems either time. The extra cruise credits can help you move up in CC level as well as helping when you start receiving the Loyalty OBC.

They leave the days on the first leg, so I show the ship and year and one Cruise credit with say 14 days and a second line with one cruise credit and zero days.

Muchisimos Gracias! I will phone this afternoon.

In my requests, I asked for e-mail confirmation. I received an e-mail from Carnival at 2:05 today saying that my request was already approved for this July's Magic sailing! I double checked my Carnival account and indeed found it there. Success :D

I haven't heard back from Princess regarding my two booked Princess cruises (and hope I didn't confuse them by sending in two at once.) When I do hear back from them and go on-line to check my account, where will I find the credits listed? I'm not as familiar with their system and don't know what to click to see it.

For those interested, I found out where the OBC shows up in my account. I clicked on View Balance & Make Payments and found:

Invoice & Balance Due

Click to see complete price breakdown

<snip, snip>

On Board Credit (USD)100.00

For those interested, I found out where the OBC shows up in my account. I clicked on View Balance & Make Payments and found:

Invoice & Balance Due

Click to see complete price breakdown

<snip, snip>

On Board Credit (USD)100.00

Unfortunately that is only available when booking directly through Princess & when booking through a TA it isn't viewable on the Princess website. :(

• 3 months later...
Unfortunately that is only available when booking directly through Princess & when booking through a TA it isn't viewable on the Princess website. :(

Oh, yes it is! I'm happy to say that I mailed mine in a little over a week ago and today it appeared under On Board Credits! We didn't book through Princess this time. Maybe it's something new! I'm just happy it's there! $250, thank you! Along with other credits! I'm a happy cruiser!

Oh, yes it is! I'm happy to say that I mailed mine in a little over a week ago and today it appeared under On Board Credits! We didn't book through Princess this time. Maybe it's something new! I'm just happy it's there! $250, thank you! Along with other credits! I'm a happy cruiser!

This thread is old, but yes, the appearance of all credits is new.

Mine has showed up on the Princess website - they just started this a few weeks ago. The only OBC that doesn't show are loyalty OBC's which start after 21 cruises.

This thread is old, but yes, the appearance of all credits is new.

Mine has showed up on the Princess website - they just started this a few weeks ago. The only OBC that doesn't show are loyalty OBC's which start after 21 cruises.

Thanks, my post was from June before OBC was viewable & when this thread was resurrected Pia posted it was something new.

Like others on CC we all became aware of this improvement within the past month after Princess told me they were working on this change about 10 months ago.

I recently purchased some additional stock so that I would have the 100 needed shares. I faxed in the form last Friday and called to see the status of my request. I first looked at my Cruise Personalizer and noticed that their was no credit applied. After waiting on hold for 40 minutes I finally reached someone and they asked some surprise questions. Besides my name and booking number they wanted to know the number the fax came from and the time of the fax. After a while they found my information and BINGO it appeared on my Cruise Personalizer. Now with my military and other credits credit I have over $600. Am I happy....:D

Tom

After waiting on hold for 40 minutes I finally reached someone and they asked some surprise questions. Besides my name and booking number they wanted to know the number the fax came from and the time of the fax. After a while they found my information

Tom

Right Tom, they have been asking me for # and date/time and it seems to be because of a paperless, computer-based fax receiving system.

They aren't shuffling thru paper faxes, someone is scrolling and searching for a matching number.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Archived