Paris hotel by louvre, opera, vendome, Madeline

miasail

I need help in choosing a hotel in paris. I want to stay on the right side of the river in the area of the louvre, place vendome, the opera, or the Madeline church. I really like modern type rooms and it must be a place where pets are not allowed. All suggestions are appreciated!

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days in 2007. Our room was on Rue du Rivoli, we could see into the Louvre. Very convenient location-1 minute to Louvre, 10 min to Opera, 15 min to Vendome. Metro stop just outside.

Expensive but worth it.

Rick

Check out Hotel Scribe.I have stayed here quite a few times and it is nin the heart of where you want to be...almost across fro the Opera and in walking distance of all the other's.Very well appointed.It is on rue Scribe.

I need help in choosing a hotel in paris. I want to stay on the right side of the river in the area of the louvre, place vendome, the opera, or the Madeline church. I really like modern type rooms and it must be a place where pets are not allowed. All suggestions are appreciated!

We stayed at Hotel Gramont Opera, a boutique hotel, which is very convenient to the area you are interested in. It is in the Opera District. I don't believe pets are allowed. Prices are very good for Paris and service is excellent. They consider the decor to be modern. However, the building was constructed in 1810 and the one elevator is pretty small.

We are staying in the Hotel Britainnique min May primarily because of the location.Also gets pretty good reviews on trip advisor although. hotel Gramont Opera gets better ones

I looked at both of these hotels and picked the Britannique because it was better located for our sightseeing plans. I feel I could not have made a better choice, although I'm not sure the original poster would like it....it's not a "modern" cookie-cutter hotel. However, it's charming, nicely decorated/updated, and has a real French feeling about it.

It just dawned on me to add...your note of not allowing pets is something you will have to ask the hotle whichever one you pick as the French allow dogs just about everywhere,and that may be a problem for you. Also, I want to mention that Mandarian Oriental may be a good choice for you if you want modern.

Archived