Golden Princess sanitation inspection - February 2013

LBrett

Food safety has come a long way!(I hope)

I was getting Chinese one New Years and while waiting,being tall ,I could see staff wet mopping floor and another mixing a Caesar salad.The bowl fell with the food,he picked it up off the wet floor and kept mixing.I was glad,at least to be getting cooked food.

My friends grandfather told us when working in a vat for making hot dogs years ago,a man used to have to get in the tank with rubber boots to mush it up and chewed tobacco and would spit it into the mixture.

You don't know what you are eating.

Thats nasty! :eek:

It is very rare for a major cruise line to get such a low score. Based on past experience, I would expect their next score to be very close to, if not equal to, 100.

We were on the Golden right after their reported 86 score. Their next score was very high.

Maybe Princess should spend more time cleaning and caring for disease prevention than destroying liquor brought on board.... HEY...here's an idea, Princess, use that contraband alcohol to CLEAN UP your ship!

From CC's article, " Three Cruise Ships Fail CDC Inspection"

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5287

" Golden Princess - Score 81

Crew members working while ill also helped Golden Princess earn a less than satisfactory score on its February 7 inspection. Among the three reported cases were an assistant buffet steward and a spa massage therapist, who both reported for work after experiencing acute gastroenteritis symptoms. Neither went to the medical center until much later. The report recommended that all employees with AGE symptoms be restricted from work and should report to the medical center as soon as symptoms emerge.

Another infraction involved a buffet crew member using his bare hand to move salmon from the edge of a plate into the center. Per vessel sanitary guidelines, all food employees should use suitable utensils to move or touch food.

Additional violations were cited for an inoperable soap dispenser at the hand washing station, soiled cutting boards and waffle makers, soiled grease pan housings on grills and various log errors, among others.

This is the first time Golden Princess has failed a CDC inspection since it launched in 2001. In an official statement, Princess Cruises said, "We regret to confirm Golden Princess received an unsatisfactory score from a recent CDC inspection. As we take this very seriously, we're committed to take immediate corrective action to address the issues and ensure proper measures are in place to prevent this from happening again."

Please note the CC article also discuss two other ships from other cruise lines failing their inspections as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi COLO...

...To who 'oh come on", please?... my post or the 'disregard" comment?

Princess failed a CDC inspection... would anyone be happy to book on a ship with a "failed" CDC report? Seriously, we've been on 35 cruises, and just have no tolerance for mainstream cruise lines like Princess to have this type failure...there's no acceptable excuse. BUT, if this is how Princess, one of favorite lines, is going, then we will pass.

Again, HOW can a modern day cruise line FAIL a crucial inspection process...lax management, focus on the irrelevant, not customer focused. More to follow....

Hi COLO...

Princess failed a CDC inspection... would anyone be happy to book on a ship with a "failed" CDC report? Seriously, we've been on 35 cruises, and just have no tolerance for mainstream cruise lines like Princess to have this type failure...there's no acceptable excuse. BUT, if this is how Princess, one of favorite lines, is going, then we will pass.

Again, HOW can a modern day cruise line FAIL a crucial inspection process...lax management, focus on the irrelevant, not customer focused. More to follow....

Just like an inspection of a restaurant on land, fixes are quickly implemented and a re-inspection will be at a much higher rating.

Hi COLO...

For Mike, the post before mine. ;)

Some surprising names amongst those with failing scores over the past few years-- Queen Mary II (84) June, 2011; Veendam (77)August 2012; Monarch of the Seas (82) November, 2011; Celebrity Infinity (85) December, 2008; & Golden Princess (81) February, 2013

Archived