Long line

hockeypapa

:mad: WHY DO THE PHOTOGRAHERS INSIST ON STANDING BY THE GANGWAYS TO TAKE PICTURES OF PEOPLE TRYING TO GET OFF AND GET TO THE MEETING PLACE TO START THERE EXCURSION!!!! STAND OFF TO THE SIDE AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET A PICTURE TAKEN IM SURE THEY LL FIND YOU:eek: HOW MANY TIMES WERE YOU DETAINED BY WANTING TO GET OFF THE SHIP ONLY TO FIND THE BACKLOG WAS DO TO THE EMPLOYEES WANTING TO TRY AND SQUEESE EVERY DOLLAR FROM YOU BY TAKING PICTURES!!!! GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!!!!:mad:

EXCUSE ME DOESNT WORK WHEN THE GANGWAY IS BACKED UP!!!!!:eek:

I must not be one of the first ones trying to get off. Never had a problem.

And then you see a bunch of people following me, who are usually sheeple up to that point.

Moo.

A simple excuse me always works for us.

Sometimes yes, but sometimes no.

EXCUSE ME DOESNT WORK WHEN THE GANGWAY IS BACKED UP!!!!!:eek:

I happen to agree that in some CCL situations, there simply is no way to avoid the sometimes rather extreme backup created by the ship photographers.

I arrived at Nassau on one of the DCL ships, where we were docked next to Carnival Sensation, and I noticed they had six photographers stationed at the debark gangway to help almost enforce the photo opportunity. They went so far as to set up a fold-out barricade to that you HAD to go into their "zone". One of the photographers would routinely grab a passenger by the shoulder and attempt to lead him/her into position.

I overhead multiple people complain about the delay, and the discomfort of the touching and hard-sell.

Photographers-XL.jpg

They do it there because if they did it off to the side most people would walk right past them. This way the majority of the people stop. On our last cruise on the Freedom, there was a photographer with a ship's wheel standing about half way down the pier. Nobody was stopping for him.

Some ships are worse than others. It all depends on the staff. I love to just ignore them and keep walking....Sometimes that means having to barrel through them.

When a kind "No thank you" doesn't work, I don't feel guilty.

I arrived at Nassau on one of the DCL ships, where we were docked next to Carnival Sensation, and I noticed they had six photographers stationed at the debark gangway to help almost enforce the photo opportunity. They went so far as to set up a fold-out barricade to that you HAD to go into their "zone". One of the photographers would routinely grab a passenger by the shoulder and attempt to lead him/her into position.

I overhead multiple people complain about the delay, and the discomfort of the touching and hard-sell.

Lord help the photog that ever lays a hand on me! :eek:

We do not pose for the paparazzi photogs that accost passengers getting on/off the ship. We do like to get a couple of shots on formal nights. But we refuse to be forced into posing for any of them.

I love to just ignore them and keep walking....Sometimes that means having to barrel through them.

When a kind "No thank you" doesn't work, I don't feel guilty.

That's ma girl! Well done!

I often ignore them like they're not even there.

They are such a PAIN. Worst of all is at dinner:

fer God's sake I'm trying to eat here -not pose.

Yes, I agree. When I'm not interested I will stick my tongue out or something stupid. I have even closed my eyes on many of them. I'd like to think that they are losing money printing them all up when ppl don't buy them but at the price they're charging I'm sure they're still making money.

The photogs coming off the ship are a def PITA but as another poster stated, I say say no thanks and keep moving.

I like those pictures and look forward to them-- they are the page dividers in my scrapbooks :)

BUT...I agree-- there should be a gangway for NO pic option and one or two lines for those who want pics!

I do not want me (or my mother who had mobility issues) to be "barrelled" out of the way just because we want a picture.

You're right about the dinner interruptions for those cheesy pirate pictures. Now if they had someone dressed like a warm chocolate melting cake in a cup I might think about it. ;)

It's the sheeple that cause the problem thinking they are obligated to STOP and take all photo ops. After a dozen or so cruises, I don't need any more cruise photos I just say excuse me, no thank you and walk past them. I suppose first-timers may want to take all those pictures, that's fine, just stand off to the side and don't block the gangway. And yes they should not be taking pictures on the gangway.

:mad: WHY DO THE PHOTOGRAHERS INSIST ON STANDING BY THE GANGWAYS TO TAKE PICTURES OF PEOPLE TRYING TO GET OFF AND GET TO THE MEETING PLACE TO START THERE EXCURSION!!!! STAND OFF TO THE SIDE AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET A PICTURE TAKEN IM SURE THEY LL FIND YOU:eek: HOW MANY TIMES WERE YOU DETAINED BY WANTING TO GET OFF THE SHIP ONLY TO FIND THE BACKLOG WAS DO TO THE EMPLOYEES WANTING TO TRY AND SQUEESE EVERY DOLLAR FROM YOU BY TAKING PICTURES!!!! GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!!!!:mad:

I LIKE THE GANGWAY PICTURES. Maybe you could try to be first off the ship, or last. :D

Don't yell at us about it....

Because of the quality of their work, nobody would willingly stand in line for them.

Personally I shudder each time they're called "photographers".

Archived