Spa and internet pricing?

Karen Lynn

Having lived in Manhattan for most of my life, I find the spa prices on Oceania to be more expensive than that. They are off the charts -- way more than other cruise lines and way more than high end resorts and hotels. I just do not get it.

And it's not that the spa is so fabulous -- it's is quite nice -- but certainly not "the best spa in the world" warranting such inflated prices. I've been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox and in Tucson. It's a far better experience than Canyon Ranch on board ship. A 50 minute massage for $200 plus?

Oceania's two biggest failings IMO are the prices of excursions and the spa. They both seem like a ripoff to me. Price way exceeds value. I would rather spend my money elsewhere. Fortunately I can avoid both by doing private excursions and getting pampered elsewhere so neither of these issues affects my experience.

I admit, however, if the spa prices were more reasonable, I would avail myself of the services. I don't expect things to change.

No cruise line is perfect. If massages and spa treatments are really important to you and the price does not offend, then go for it.

They do offer daily specials.

I am on Marina Caribbean Hideaways right now and today's specials are

25 min back shoulders neck massage for $75

25 min express facial $75

25 min foot and ankle $75

25 min express manicure $30

25 min express pedi $55

25 min makeover $39

If they can make me over I may go for that as today is kind of cloudy!

LOVE this ship!

Terry

Whoops...sorry I am on Riviera not Marina!!!

Just FYI I went for a tour of the Spa today and thought it gorgeous. The hairdresser took us all around and was so polite and helpful - I was very impressed with the time he took to show us everything, the service on this ship is amazing, everyone is so personable!

The level of cleanliness is what really got me impressed, the place is immaculate with lovely sauna and steam rooms.

Terry

Jim&Stan,

Thank you for the information regarding the Spa. We're on the Riviera in Italy this July and I was wondering just how prohibitive the prices might be. Any chance of a price list somewhere?

Thanks,

Kim

July 3? This is our first O cruise and my first post to CC. Any advice would be so appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I was looking at our invoice from Oceania today and it states under Promotional Amenities:

Concierge level internet benefit.

We have booked a penthouse suite. Does anyone know what this benefit is?

Thanks

Jim&Stan,

Thank you for the information regarding the Spa. We're on the Riviera in Italy this July and I was wondering just how prohibitive the prices might be. Any chance of a price list somewhere?

Thanks,

Kim

I'm on Marina in November, and I got this price list from Canyon Ranch - it say's its the Marina-Riviera price insert.

OC- Marina Riviera Fee Insert.pdf

That said, too bad they don't offer a day by day drinks package as we'd use it for about 1/2 our cruise but alas, this is not to be.

I think they factored in that after several days or weeks of drinking your going to slow it down a lot in coming days. :cool:

There is only just so much you can reasonably , or even un-reasonably drink. Same with food too.

I find that after several weeks on a cruise I start skipping meals and eating lite courses.

Thank you. That was very kind of you. Prices are a little crazy though, unfortunately.

Prices seem quite steep. Anyone here know if they have daily specials for port days?

Also, we might be interested in acupuncture. On our last couple of cruises (Celebrity and Crystal) they offered a 3-session discount for acupuncture. Anyone here know if that is ever offered on Oceania?

Thank you. That was very kind of you. Prices are a little crazy though, unfortunately.

No problem.

The prices didn't seem too exorbitant to me, but then I live in Los Angeles and the price of everything is exorbitant, so maybe these are and I just don't realize it:rolleyes:

I was on Carnivore last year and the prices there were about the same (Cloud 9 Spa).

• 2 months later...
I was looking at our invoice from Oceania today and it states under Promotional Amenities:

Concierge level internet benefi. Does anyone know what this benefit is?

Thanks

I too would be interested to know the answer to this, also can anyone direct me to where on Os website I can find the Internet costs.

I too would be interested to know the answer to this, also can anyone direct me to where on Os website I can find the Internet costs.

Last time I saw it the prices were

1)$160 for 200 min

2)99c per min

3)unlimited rate $27.99 pd

Some cruise have a promotion of free internet for specific cruises

In the cruise personalizer it will have the rates for your cruise

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if this is a silly question, what is the cruise personaliser? Is it the pre cruise docs.

It is a nice booklet that comes about 6wks prior to the cruise has all your information in it as well as other options & your luggage tags

Then a few weeks you get an email with the final docs

Enjoy

Lyn

Archived