Ugh Oh!

BecciBoo

Why is the Magic still in board with a tug holding her in place. Are the winds that bad.

It's been really bad in my corner of NW Houston. My Camry was tough to keep straight on the road earlier. I'd imagine the winds would be even worse on the coast, about 60 miles or so from where I am.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to guess (hope?) it's because of high winds, like a couple others here have also guessed. A huge swath of Texas is under a National Weather Service high wind advisory today. At least, I hope that's all it is.

ETA:

They're still operating the ferris wheel on the Pleasure Pier so the winds can't be all that and a bag of chips.

Well, rats. We must have posted at the same time. Now I'm intrigued.

:) I am on the coast and we have a wind advisory issued by the NWS....strong and gusty NW winds continue today...Expected to continue in the wake of the cold front... Wind speeds of 20-25 MPH will be common with gusts frequently approaching 30 MPH...The winds will begin to subside by sunset...

Look at the flags. The wind is blowing the same direction as the tugs are pushing. Don't think the wind is the issue. Could be just some medical emergency or something they had to go back for. In such cases, its easier to use tugs to hold the ship against the pier than to go the the complete process of mooring lines. This happened to us when we sailed the Magic a few years ago. Just my thought.

Whew shes moving again...looks good.

You had me worried. Howdy from distant New Braunfels. we are scheduled on on the 28th of next month. I just could not believe lightening would strike Carnival again!! By the way, thanks for all your kind words on the passing of Allen. So Sad. He was a saint.

Cheers, Kenn

Archived