Bay Bridge sighting?

We have seen the Carnival Pride around 630 to 7 and even 730 pm. Never saw the Enchantment except parked at port....

Everyone including myself slows down when they see a ship coming under the bridge...makes you wonder if it will clear until you have experienced it...

We love going under the verrazanno in Bayonne on the Explorer.

I think it's about 2hrs after sailaway if I remember correctly. I know it's about 30min after sailaway that you go under the Key Bridge and it looks like the ship will barely fit under it. I will be on the Grandeur On both the May 10th and May 31st cruises and can let you know for sure.

I enjoy taking pics of ships sailing UNDER the Bay Bridge.

Other things being equal and IF there are no delays, you will sail under the bridge 90 - 100 mins after leaving the pier in Baltimore.

RCI ships leave Baltimore at 1600 and sail under the bridge at or about 1730.

Carnival ships leave Baltimore at 1700 and sail under the bridge at or about 1830...

NJoy your cruise...

In the summer, you will definately have light when you sail under the bridge. We have had light in August, September and October sailings out of Baltimore on Grandeur or Enchantment.

Last time we sailed out of Baltimore, we sailed under the bridge at 7:33 according to the pictures I took.

Here's a traffic cam where you can watch the ship sail under... you need to be watching though because there's not much line of sight to warn you when the ship is coming.

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/video.asp?feed=e30088da2e32001b00503336c4235c0a

When we sailed last August, we were a little late leaving the pier. Ship had to do a 180 turn which took some time. It was 5pm under Key Bridge and 6pm under Bay Bridge. You should have no trouble seeing the bridges in daylight.

As others have stated, it's about 30 minutes to sail under the Key Bridge, and about 2 hours from the port to the Bay Bridges. When we sailed under it in Oct. of '10, it was already dark. BUT, we were outside and under the bridges for the return in the early morning. It was great. You feel like the ship won't make it, but of course it easily clears both bridges.

We'll be experiencing it again in August on Grandeur. Can't wait!

We'll be headed from Baltimore to Bermuda and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when we'd pass under the Bay Bridge? Will it be light enough to see it? Thanks!:)

Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour after sailaway! Be ready for it. I keep just missing it and I am usually in the elevator going up to the pool deck when it passes under. makes me so mad!

We'll be headed from Baltimore to Bermuda and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when we'd pass under the Bay Bridge? Will it be light enough to see it? Thanks!:)

Another neat thing to see is when you cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. You see the headlights of vehicles coming across from both directions and then they disappear under the water. Impressive as the ship approaches and then crosses the tunnel. The ship crosses the bridge-tunnel in the middle of the night on the way out, but you will see it if you go out onto the top deck around 10:00pm to 11:00pm (or so) the night before you dock on the way back.

Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour after sailaway! Be ready for it. I keep just missing it and I am usually in the elevator going up to the pool deck when it passes under. makes me so mad!

The Key Bridge is 45 minutes after leaving port. The Bay Bridge is around 2 hours after leaving.

We have sailed out of Baltimore a lot and always leave at 4:00. Key Bridge is the one that the ship barely fits under and that happens around 4:45. The Bay Bridge is a twin span and that happens around 6 p.m.

Have a great cruise!

You will have to pay attention. Last year for wedding we got this shot. This was in Jan, so you will have time.

422521_10150604325099165_829019964_n.jpg

The picture you posted is of the Key Bridge.

But hey it's still exciting to go under one.

Archived