Shareholder OBC for Last Minute Cruise

tricky1

HI

I was looking at some last minute fare reductions and wondered if you booked say one week ahead if they could process the shareholder credit request in time.I seem to remember reading that they required two weeks lead time.

Thanks

You never know. Fax it in and then call right away. There's a recent post with the direct number for the Shareholder Credit folk. People have posted who called because of delays or lost faxes and were able to get credit within minutes.

HI

I was looking at some last minute fare reductions and wondered if you booked say one week ahead if they could process the shareholder credit request in time.I seem to remember reading that they required two weeks lead time.

Thanks

Not a prayer, not a chance. :(

The instructions say "at least two weeks" before sailing. Based on what others' experiences have been, I would amend that to "at least 14 business days before sailing."

You can submit it but I would be astonished if it were approved in time. My last two cruises, I submitted the form two months before sailing and both times, the credit was confirmed. But when I boarded, it wasn't there. Thankfully, I had copies of my fax and documents with me.

The shareholder benefit department isn't nearly as efficient as when Liza was managing it.

HI

Thanks

I sent in on a Monday USPS and it was posted to my Personalizer on Thursday so yes it does happen that fast sometimes. But counting on that is another matter:)

You never know. Fax it in and then call right away. There's a recent post with the direct number for the Shareholder Credit folk. People have posted who called because of delays or lost faxes and were able to get credit within minutes.
Fax it and note the specific time and date you faxed it. From one of my experiences they can find the referenced fax with this information in minutes while you are on the phone. I would also include something from your booking that said you booked the cruise the same day as submitting, otherwise the 14 day before the cruise date rule may invalidate your benefit application.

After having bad luck getting several of ours, we actually sent a couple totally electronically from an iPhone and that's when it worked perfectly. We had it within three days.

I know what you mean about wondering...we almost booked a cruise with just 5 days notice last week, and a small part of the reason we didn't was not knowing if we could phone Princess and expedite the CCL OBC.

sailing april 7th, 2013 and just recieved our share purchase statement in the mail today. called TA right away. waiting for her to call back with instructions. just hung up, she gave me fax #661.753.0180. told me i should do that right away, but no promises because they say it should be 14 days prior. i will get this faxed right away, keep my fingers crossed, and let you know.

I booked a last minute cruise. Because it was so close to my sail date, I emailed my paperwork to my TA and she took care of it with Princess for me. Had my shareholder credit the same day. It pays to have a good TA.

sailing april 7th, 2013 and just recieved our share purchase statement in the mail today. called TA right away. waiting for her to call back with instructions. just hung up, she gave me fax #661.753.0180. told me i should do that right away, but no promises because they say it should be 14 days prior. i will get this faxed right away, keep my fingers crossed, and let you know.

I guess I will fax it if I decide to book.Let me know how you make out with your request.

Thanks

Bought the stock last week. My cruise leaves on April 6. Faxed in the proof of stock ownership this am, called immediately afterward. They said they were working on requests from March 13th. Since my cruise was in less than 2 weeks, she located my fax (by time sent in) while I was on the phone and credited the obc to me immediately. Great customer service!

Follow up with phone call immediately. --800-872-6779 x30317

Bought the stock last week. My cruise leaves on April 6. Faxed in the proof of stock ownership this am, called immediately afterward. They said they were working on requests from March 13th. Since my cruise was in less than 2 weeks, she located my fax (by time sent in) while I was on the phone and credited the obc to me immediately. Great customer service!

My TA sent mine in at the start of March. She followed up with Princess and they told her to call back on the 28th. Looks like first in, last applied:rolleyes:. Princess is doing a very poor job of this now that you can't email it in.

My TA sent mine in at the start of March. She followed up with Princess and they told her to call back on the 28th. Looks like first in, last applied:rolleyes:. Princess is doing a very poor job of this now that you can't email it in.

You can still snail mail it in. What you can't do is email it.

You can still snail mail it in. What you can't do is email it.

I live in Canada so it's the hassle of getting US stamps. Then Princess can say the didn't receive it. My guess is that they are doing this so people won't request it. HAL makes it so much less painful.

A friend called today and was told they are handling those requests received on March 6th which answers my question as to why my request has not been posted as I faxed it on March 8th. Some of you have been really lucky getting your OBC posted to your Personalizer so quickly. Sounds like the department is overwhelmed.

I live in Canada so it's the hassle of getting US stamps. Then Princess can say the didn't receive it. My guess is that they are doing this so people won't request it. HAL makes it so much less painful.

Are you saying that to mail a letter from Canada to the USA you need US postage? I have a very hard time believing that. Would you please clarify?

I get my stamps for Canadian domestic mail and stamps for the US at the same place (post office or drugstore) so I don't know why it would be a hassle anymore than mailing anything else. I fax my requests. My shareholder credit was not posted last time. Thanks to Pam and other's advice to always take copies on one's cruise I simply took my documents to the pursers desk and the credit was posted within 24 hours.

Edited by Cancun01

Are you saying that to mail a letter from Canada to the USA you need US postage? I have a very hard time believing that. Would you please clarify?

I think that the person means that in Canada we have books of 6 stamps that state "United States" stamps. They are called US stamps. What they are in reality are stamps that are in $1.10 denomination which is the amount of postage required for mail to the US. In reality one can put any number of stamps on a letter as long as it adds up to $1.10 cdn. Domestic stamps do not have a denomination on them and are good indefinitely so generally to mail a letter to the US, a trip to get a "US stamp" is required.

When the OBC is granted do they send you written confirmation or does it just show up in cruise personalizer?

If you ask, you will receive. Or, if you have a TA, he/she will receive. Then again, mostly it just shows up.