QM2 arriving Fremantle 26 March

Interesting that the pride of the North Atlantic was delayed 8 hours by a reasonably nasty (and early) storm front that come in overnight. Would not have thought it would have been much of a storm compared to the North Atlantic but it must have been a bit rough to be this late into Port

Its quite a bad storm. Its taking our temperature from 36 today to low twenties by Thursday with storms and lots of rain forecast. The Australian Bight is quite treacherous and they have been cruising against it. It quite strange for a ship to travel west on this stretch of water. Totally against prevailing wind and current.

Its quite a bad storm. Its taking our temperature from 36 today to low twenties by Thursday with storms and lots of rain forecast. The Australian Bight is quite treacherous and they have been cruising against it. It quite strange for a ship to travel west on this stretch of water. Totally against prevailing wind and current.

Am in Melbourne tomorrow for the Boss concert - hope the bad conditions have not made it that far while I am there :)

I agree - west to east seems much more sensible as the winds are with you. They went that way last year so perhaps are "mixing it up" a bit. What direction is next year's circumnavigation? Still tempting especially with your new prices :D

Am in Melbourne tomorrow for the Boss concert - hope the bad conditions have not made it that far while I am there :)

I agree - west to east seems much more sensible as the winds are with you. They went that way last year so perhaps are "mixing it up" a bit. What direction is next year's circumnavigation? Still tempting especially with your new prices :D

They are travelling the correct way, but not stopping at Adelaide first time around, but Melbourne, twice. So the cruise can start in Fremantle, Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. The new prices rock! I have now got a 1b guarantee rather than the stated 1d so even a better cabin than the original. Last time we had a guarantee too and were upgraded. Go on, you know you want to! ;)

The new prices rock! I have now got a 1b guarantee rather than the stated 1d so even a better cabin than the original. Last time we had a guarantee too and were upgraded. Go on, you know you want to! ;)

Last time we were inside guarantee (D8) as that was all that was left and were upgraded to D2 which was on deck 12 so was much better. With the new cabin grading where are 1B cabins?

Does not look like there is a roll call on Cunard? Or is there?

No roll call how different from last time. :). The current cabins are located mid on decks four to six. I was originally in an aft cabin. That suited me fine too as I didn't want to be under the gym.

Like our roads a little bit of rain slows everything down. I'm surprised that they were delayed so long. From our place the waters didn't seem that rough.

We don't do rain very well in the West. My usual 15 minute trip to work that morning took me 40.

The ship was not delayed by adverse weather coming across the Bight.

The prevailing strong wind from the South at the time of the original scheduled Pilot boarding time was outside the operational parameters for the approach channel and swinging in the Inner Harbour.

Hence, the ship had to wait for the wind to drop to an acceptable speed in order to safely manage risk.

Looks like she needs a bit of a paint spruce up. When's she due for dry dock?

QM2 had an extensive dry dock just over 12 months ago. In the one picture you see her close up the paint work looks pretty good to me. The pictures are a little grainy.

27qmaway2_zps452efe07.jpg

Archived