New Royal Princess...

How do you feel about it? I'm wondering what my fellow Royal Caribbean people think about it. I have never been particularly attracted to Princess but the ship looks very attractive to me. The pool areas and staterooms look very nice.

We've been on Allure & Oasis when they were new ... and we'll go on Quantum ... but we're thinking about this new Princess ship for our holiday cruise this December/January ... it does look good, doesn't it?

the last time we checked, the price for a balcony was comparable to Allure

Not that I am a die-hard anything cruiser yet, I did thoroughly enjoy my first Princess Cruise in 2010, and was rather disappointed when they bailed on Caribbean sailings in the summer. Hence my presence over here on the RCI boards. Though I hear the word is that Princess may return summer 2014.

I am quite excited to see the Royal Princess, I think that the skywalks will be a very nice/interesting feature. Plus the Piazza looks like it will be far superior to the others on the Grand Class. I really cannot wait to compare it to the Allure of the Seas which I am sailing this Summer. :D

We've been on Allure & Oasis when they were new ... and we'll go on Quantum ... but we're thinking about this new Princess ship for our holiday cruise this December/January ... it does look good, doesn't it?

the last time we checked, the price for a balcony was comparable to Allure

But is the ship?

Frankly I LOVE Princess cruises and currently they are my favorite line (going on my first RCL in a few weeks so that could change :p ). We are very interested and excited about the new Royal Princess and had thought about booking her for our November cruise...but might hold off until next May to do that sail.

How do you feel about it? I'm wondering what my fellow Royal Caribbean people think about it. I have never been particularly attracted to Princess but the ship looks very attractive to me. The pool areas and staterooms look very nice.
Princess is a great cruise line, however the benefits for frequent cruisers are pale compared to RCI. I am Elite on Princess but will book RCI first. I also think you being D+ will find the lack of perks will make Princess unattractive to you. I even have 4 FCC (future cruise certificates) as Princess calls them that I probably will not use.

I will be on the Caribbean inaugural cruise in October. I enjoyed my trip on the Coral Princess. I am looking forward to this cruise too.

Every line has highs and lows. There are some things that I like better on Princess.

I have sailed RCI 6 times and Princess twice now and I have to say I equally enjoyed my cruises on both lines. I returned from a Princess Mexican Riveria cruise last month on the Sapphire and enjoyed it very much. Dare I say I enjoyed my most recent Princess cruise a slight more then my Allure cruise last summer? I loved the Allure, she is a stunning ship and no Princess ship could match her design, but I found my last Princess Cruise to have a more relaxed environment then the high energy of Allure. Princess tends to offer a more traditional cruise experience in contrast to the Allure and Oasis and to much of Royal Caribbean in general. The new Royal Princess does looks interesting!

My Mom is booked on a TA this fall on the Royal Princess so I have been looking at a lot of the information. It looks like a gorgeous ship. I know she keeps telling me about some special desserts area that looks beautiful. Plus, they are going to offer classes there too or something.

All the artist renderings that I have seen of all the areas on the ship are gorgeous. Will be nice to see some real pictures.

We have been on 4 Princess cruises and 3 Royal Caribbean cruises. Our last 2 Caribbean cruises were on Princess and we're scheduled for a Royal Caribbean cruise next winter. We enjoy both. but we also want some variety. I think if you like one you'll generally like the other - a lot of similarities. We've found Princess to be a very consistent experience from ship to ship. There are pros and cons for each, and what I consider a con might be a pro for someone else. For instance, Princess seems generally a bit more low key than RC. Public spaces are not as open and spacious in order to keep you from feeling like you are on a big ship with thousands of people. Downside of that is that some of those spaces, like their buffet areas, can get very congested. But we have found that MDR food is consistently very good on Princess ships. If you are tempted to try the new Royal Princess, I'd encourage you to do it. Looks like it will be a great ship, and since it is larger, I'll be interested in hearing if it has any of the same traffic problems as their other ships. I'd be more interested in trying the Royal Princess in the Caribbean if it weren't doing a similar itinerary as we did recently on Ruby Princess, but with one less port (Grand Turk).

Not that I am a die-hard anything cruiser yet, I did thoroughly enjoy my first Princess Cruise in 2010, and was rather disappointed when they bailed on Caribbean sailings in the summer. Hence my presence over here on the RCI boards. Though I hear the word is that Princess may return summer 2014.

Not may return... definitely returning... I got a flyer last week.

They'll only have one ship there, however... Caribbean Princess will be doing a variety of itineraries next summer.

Hi,

I really like both lines (17 cruises on Royal Caribbean and 7 cruises on Princess). Some of the new features on the Royal Princess look very interesting. I am booked on the 7-day Maiden Voyage of the Royal Princess that departs from England on June 16. I am looking forward to trying this new ship and comparing it to Royal Caribbean's recent ships.

Chuck

Archived