Is Richard Spacey still cruising?

Richard was the CD on our 2011 cruise on the Oasis! He was a hoot- especially the 70's party, etc. His daily videos viewed in cabin were hysterical as well.

Too bad he won't be on Oasis when we cruise in 2014....

Debbie

We are on FOS in August (18th). Given that he started April 7th on Freedom, and most contracts, I believe, are four months, I think we'll miss him by a week. Really stinks since we really enjoyed him as the CD on EOS.

We are on FOS in August (18th). Given that he started April 7th on Freedom, and most contracts, I believe, are four months, I think we'll miss him by a week. Really stinks since we really enjoyed him as the CD on EOS.

It's hard to figure this one out because Richard came straight over to Freedom from Explorer (and NOT after a break), so he is not on a typical contract this time, but rather a contract that's split between two ships. He started on EX on February 1st, so that may be considered the starting date of this contract, and not April 7 (or perhaps this particular contract is not going to be 4 months long).

It's hard to figure this one out because Richard came straight over to Freedom from Explorer (and NOT after a break), so he is not on a typical contract this time, but rather a contract that's split between two ships. He started on EX on February 1st, so that may be considered the starting date of this contract, and not April 7 (or perhaps this particular contract is not going to be 4 months long).

Ah. I knew he was on Ex but didn't know he went from one to another without a break. Either way, from my discussions about contracts with staff while on board, it seems to be 4 or 6 month chunks followed by one or two months off depending on the length of the contract. I think we'll be out of luck in either event as if its a 6 month, math says he's off beginning in August. Be great if someone going on FOS would just ask him when he's on there till!

We are big Richard Spacey fans too. Richard was on our EOS cruise last May 2012 with Leigh X. Then he was on our most recent cruise, Freedom of the Seas last week with Jamie. Richard is extremely personable, friendly and a great show-man. I am NOT a Ken Rush fan at all. I find him not friendly and stand-offish with the cruisers. At least that's he was on a couple of our cruises with him. Just my opinion, don't flame me. :p

Ken Rush has already confirmed that he is taking out the Quantum and will be there until Jan 2015.

After doing 2 Ken Rush cruises I think i'll look at Q for Feb 2015... :rolleyes:

Do you think Richard will be on FOS on July 7th? Don't want to tell the kids until I'm sure! Maybe I will just wait and surprise them!!

Can't even take a good guess on this one. Usually, a regular CD's contract runs 4 months on the ship followed by 2 months break.

Richard started on Freedom on April 14, however he came straight over from Explorer with just a week off. He started on Explorer on Feb 1. So, without knowing which of these is considered his contract starting date, we cannot estimate the end date. Also, because he was divided between two ships, it's not a typical contract and may not even follow the 4 month pattern.

The best way to find out is for someone traveling on Freedom soon to ask Richard and report back to us. I will post over on the roll call thread for the sailing that leaves tomorrow and ask someone if they can find out for us. (Richard is not active on social media, so you cant ask him directly there)

This is the ONLY reliable source of CD info - when it comes straight from the CD's or the ship.

Edited by DonnaK

Ouch:eek:. Is he that bad? The name sounds familiar, but I don't think I ever had him as a CD.

He's ummm how do you put it... "a company man" - very full of himself... scripted... that kind of thing. Some people do love him but I prefer the more fly by the seat of their pants to where you think "oooh he's gonna get in trouble for that" CD's myself. :D

I was on the Allure last year when Ken Rush was CD. We really weren't impressed. He's not funny. He thinks he is, but he isn't. He's obnoxious. Richard Spacey is really funny. And he seems like a nice guy who loves his job! I hope he's still on FOS when we go in July!

OK, here is the info many of you have been waiting for. Richards Spacey posted this on Twitter today:

Richard Spacey @ richardspacey

3 more weeks and then back to my lovely family and friends back home.

So that means his break starts July 7. And, then he should be back at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

OK, here is the info many of you have been waiting for. Richards Spacey posted this on Twitter today:

Richard Spacey @ richardspacey

3 more weeks and then back to my lovely family and friends back home.

So that means his break starts July 7. And, then he should be back at the beginning of September, unless something unexpected happens to change things.

Oh, that means he's on for our voyage 6/30 which is his last trip before he leaves on vacation. I consider that very lucky on our part as we heard so much about him.:D

We also do like Ken Rush but I can understand the "company man" statement earlier. That's probably why he is always the first CD to go with the first sailing on any RCCL ship. He does what the company wants to hear. :rolleyes::rolleyes: