clothes?

ebrasl

Hi I am having trouble with packing. We will be on FOS eastern on April 7. I know we can't predict the weather but is it windy on the pool deck? Can we just hang out in bathing suites assuming the weather is good? Or is it cold due to the sea breeze? Never cruised before so not sure what to expect. So do I need real clothes for during the day or just bathing suites?

Bring the bathing suits, you will be able to hang out by the pool. Depending on the weather, it depends on how breezy it is. There is also the solarium that is more enclosed, though FOS does not have the retractable roof other ships has so it is still open to above.

In april it should be plenty warm enough to just have suits at the pool. I always wear my coverup up to the pool so if it is chilly in the morning, I just leave that on until it is warm enough to just lay with just my swimming suit.

Hi I am having trouble with packing. We will be on FOS eastern on April 7. I know we can't predict the weather but is it windy on the pool deck? Can we just hang out in bathing suites assuming the weather is good? Or is it cold due to the sea breeze? Never cruised before so not sure what to expect. So do I need real clothes for during the day or just bathing suites?

The times I have gone in April its been like MD weather in late May. Remember that it won't be as humid as it is here.

It is too far early to predict exact weather on your cruise. In the Bahamas the temperature averages in the low 80's that time of year. St Thomas and Saint Martin average in the mid to upper 80's that time of year. That should be plenty warm enough to swim. Yes, it can be breezy on the pool deck on sea days depending on which direction the prevailing wind is coming from. As long as the sun is out, you should be fine either way.

As for "do I need real clothes for during the day or just bathing suites". Bathing suits are against the rules in the restaurants (including the Windjammer) no matter what time of day it is. So if you want to eat and don't want to risk being turned away at that door (which may or may not happen), you will need to put on some real clothes.

We will on board together. Have you visited the meet & mingle page?

I was just thinking about clothes for "formal" night. My DH enjoys lobster so I feel bad not going but heck, I really do not want all the fuss! But....that is not why YOU were posting.

I bought my son flip flops today (we have had snow flurries for the last couple days) I felt like a real weirdo mom just buying them! He tried them on and ask, "Can I wear them tonight?" :eek: I am just hoping it all straightens out by Monday, so I can start packing! I want a tropical cruise, not a cool weather :mad: cruise. Crossing my fingers.....

Almost to single digits!!!

Put everything out you want to take on the bed, then put half back ! :D:rolleyes:

All kidding aside, sometime you just live in your bathing suit and cover up, but you will need clothes for meals.

Use pants/slacks that you can mix match with several tops.

I always end up taking too many things it seems..no matter how hard I try.

Have a great first cruise !

Archived