Best way to take money

dbd0512

I am going on the carnival glory on 4 14 for my honeymoon. My finacee and I have booked an excursion at each port. I am wondering what is the best way to take money with us into port. Each excursion has us doing an activity where we will be in the water. What do you all use to keep your money dry while doing these types of activties. Also are you carrying your passports with you on these excursions.

Thanks

I am going on the carnival glory on 4 14 for my honeymoon. My finacee and I have booked an excursion at each port. I am wondering what is the best way to take money with us into port. Each excursion has us doing an activity where we will be in the water. What do you all use to keep your money dry while doing these types of activties. Also are you carrying your passports with you on these excursions.

Thanks

I always buy bathing suits ith zippered pockets - with a waterproof pouch in some cases. In any case, I carry paper money, ship's key card and a credit card, and maybe an ATM card, in zip-loc bags--- perhaps three, one inside the other. Most times the money stays dry, but even if it gets wet, it is still good. Water doesn't hurt the cards at all. I always leave my passport in the safe.

Good advice about a small ziploc for cash and ID etc and also about only bringing what you think you need for the day.

If you have more than one credit card, leave one in the safe in your cabin. If you should lose a credit card ashore, you will have the other to meet your needs while traveling.

I always buy bathing suits ith zippered pockets - with a waterproof pouch in some cases. In any case, I carry paper money, ship's key card and a credit card, and maybe an ATM card, in zip-loc bags--- perhaps three, one inside the other. Most times the money stays dry, but even if it gets wet, it is still good. Water doesn't hurt the cards at all. I always leave my passport in the safe.

Never seen a women's suit with zippered pockets.:mad:

Never seen a women's suit with zippered pockets.:mad:

Certainly not a hip pocket as I usually have, but I have seen a zip pocket on the top of a woman's two piece. -- designed precisely for a bit of cash and/or credit card. Admittedly not slimming, but functional. I'm pretty sure it was at the Nautica outlet at Clinton Town Crossing in CT.

If you have more than one credit card, leave one in the safe in your cabin. If you should lose a credit card ashore, you will have the other to meet your needs while traveling.

As a side note... Get a CC with a 'very' small authorized limit on it - Maybe $1000 to be used in ports (easy to do with your bank). Then if it's lost or stollen, you won't be in a 'pickle'.

I pesonally will not use a CC in a port in the Caribbean that does not have electronic banking (most don't)... so I take cash.. (and leave the wife on the ship!!) :D

I would get a waterproof wallet to keep things dry.

I do NOT take my passport ashore unless we are required to.

You will need photo ID when returning from some ports we use our Drivers License. But keep photo copies of Passport and other valuable papers. A credit card works in most ports and a waterproof wallet would be best.

~Doris~

As a side note... Get a CC with a 'very' small authorized limit on it - Maybe $1000 to be used in ports (easy to do with your bank). Then if it's lost or stollen, you won't be in a 'pickle'.

I pesonally will not use a CC in a port in the Caribbean that does not have electronic banking (most don't)... so I take cash.. (and leave the wife on the ship!!) :D

This is what we did for Europe and it was a card with a 4 digit access code one that we could use at bank machines. I have heard too many horror stories of people's card #s being stolen or being pickpocketd. That way we would only risk what we had put on the card-plus they are also backed like traveler's checks in the case of theft.

Archived