Not happy in port canaveral

jimo

I'm glad I don't let such minor things bother me. How in the does the OP deal with major life issues?

Stuff happens, just relax, take a breath and try to start your vacation on a happy note. Not gonna get much sympathy here since Carnival was pretty close to their official embarkation time anyways.

Future advice- you think cruise ship delays are bad, try flying in the winter time. Enjoy.

I've embarked at PC several times and I've never seen it start until after 11:30. The OP posted at 11:08 I don't think that constitutes a delay that requires any kind of explanation.

In fact in Miami, Galveston, NOLA, Long Beach the only time I've been delayed past a typical 11:30 to noonish embarkation it's been because of a crew inspection or Coast Guard inspection.

Carnival's FAQ lists 12:30 as embarkation time at PC.

We did the Dream in Oct and boarding started before 11 30.

Just saying that if at 12 30 no boarding they could have made an annoucement that boarding will start at ___.

Not to much to ask.

If anyone has ever cruised out of Long Beach....this is the worst. There is NO holding tank. It is OUTSIDE...regardless of the elements. In January....(it was quite chilly for this time of the year in California). We arrived at 9:30 along with hundreds of other people. By 10:30 or 11:00, thousands. Every 15 minutes over the PA system..."we are sorry for the delay. We will board you as soon as possible" NO explanation..ever. We were on the ship at TWO THIRTY.....and we had zone 2. All of the poor elderly or anyone that had zone 11 or 12....who knows what time they boarded. No where to sit all of those hours...THIS WAS HELL...and will never cruise out of Long Beach again. FIVE HOURS of people standing...HELL

This was the exact same for us on 2/27/11. The line of people went as far as we could see. We sat on the ground although it was cold outside. We didn't get on until 2:30 either.

If anyone has ever cruised out of Long Beach....this is the worst. There is NO holding tank. It is OUTSIDE...regardless of the elements. In January....(it was quite chilly for this time of the year in California). We arrived at 9:30 along with hundreds of other people. By 10:30 or 11:00, thousands. Every 15 minutes over the PA system..."we are sorry for the delay. We will board you as soon as possible" NO explanation..ever. We were on the ship at TWO THIRTY.....and we had zone 2. All of the poor elderly or anyone that had zone 11 or 12....who knows what time they boarded. No where to sit all of those hours...THIS WAS HELL...and will never cruise out of Long Beach again. FIVE HOURS of people standing...HELL

This was the exact same for us on 2/27/11. The line of people went as far as we could see. We sat on the ground although it was cold outside. We didn't get on until 2:30 either.
If you'd shown up at 1:30 like you were told, you would have only waited one hour. :rolleyes:

From carnival.com's FAQ:

Embarkation Hours:

Note: You must check in at least 1 ½ hours prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation.

Barcelona – 11:30 A.M.

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Mobile, Galveston, Seattle, Tampa, Port Canaveral, New Orleans - 12:30 P.M.

Charleston - Carnival Fantasy at 12:30 P.M.; Carnival Glory at 5:00 P.M.

Honolulu & New York - 1:00 P.M.

Los Angeles (Long Beach) - 1:30 P.M.

Baltimore - 2:00 P.M.s A

San Juan - 2:30 P.M.

Ensenada - 6:00 P.M.

Don't like hearing this....we leave in 2 weeks out of Long Beach for Hawaii....we'll just plan for the worst....and maybe get pleasantly surprised !!;)

Don't like hearing this....we leave in 2 weeks out of Long Beach for Hawaii....we'll just plan for the worst....and maybe get pleasantly surprised !!;)

Perhaps just plan to be at the port at the time Carnival suggests, and not so early that you could wave to the ship coming into port. Its not rocket science but it seems some people here (not you) have a hard time grasping that the check in time suggested by Carnival is there for a reason.

Good to hear they are boarding, we also boarded at PC and was having lunch by 11:30. I know CCL states arrive later, but I think some of the problem is people are catching shuttles and having to "check out" of their hotels, which most set at 11:00 a.m. They don't have much choice but to show up early, best to bring something to keep you occupied, books, computer, etc. just in case. :)

Happy Sailing,

In many cases the hold-up is the people who think they can take their sweet time getting off the ship from the previous cruise. The ship has to be cleared of passengers from the last cruise before they can start boarding for the next cruise.

Just because you arrive at 10 am doesn't mean they have to let you on at 10am follow directions next time arrive when told to and you won't have to wait around for 2 hours

So you think if everbody showed up at the time printed the line and wait wouldn't be incredibly long? That is foolish logic.

Just because you arrive at 10 am doesn't mean they have to let you on at 10am follow directions next time arrive when told to and you won't have to wait around for 2 hours

This is my feelings. It is not like the ship will leave without you, or run out of food and drink. Just breath deep and enjoy your cruise. BTW, it is a great time to talk with your fellow cruisers while waiting in line. Met some very nice people

Let me get this straight .... YOU made the decision to get to the port HOURS before you are suppose to and now it is Carnival's fault that you are having to wait????

Last time I checked....the official boarding time was not 10AM....

Like button

Let me get this straight .... YOU made the decision to get to the port HOURS before you are suppose to and now it is Carnival's fault that you are having to wait????

Last time I checked....the official boarding time was not 10AM....

Most people would be annoyed to wait and have no explanation why. A simple notification of what is happening can go a long way in keeping people calm.

This is a cruise critic site yet lately anytime someone posts any kind of complaint they get attacked and blamed regardless of the situation. The cruise line could save a lot of frustration by just communicating information.

People here are ridiculous and defend the line like it is a family member. It is a business that does make mistakes.

Most people would be annoyed to wait and have no explanation why. A simple notification of what is happening can go a long way in keeping people calm.

This is a cruise critic site yet lately anytime someone posts any kind of complaint they get attacked and blamed regardless of the situation. The cruise line could save a lot of frustration by just communicating information.

People here are ridiculous and defend the line like it is a family member. It is a business that does make mistakes.

Not to mention I've seen pages of posts telling people how the 1:30 time is bogus and you can get there early.

That DOES sound like hell. YUCK!

San Juan used to have a "stand outside and queue" system too. That was a nightmare. At least it was nice out, but it was hot and some people couldn't take it so they ended up confirming everyone's ID and then doing the check-in in the lounge.

That run was a midnight (I think midnight) departure and I don't think they expected people to show up en masse in the afternoon. Why, I'm not sure.

All three ships, Carnival Dream, Disney Dream and Carnival Ectasy are still sitting in port. They usually start leaving at 4:00pm, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with customs being shorthanded.

It's not just a "Carnival" situation since Disney is sitting there too!

Pilots boats are circling the Dream, so maybe she's getting ready to leave

All three ships, Carnival Dream, Disney Dream and Carnival Ectasy are still sitting in port. They usually start leaving at 4:00pm, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with customs being shorthanded.

It's not just a "Carnival" situation since Disney is sitting there too!

Pilots boats are circling the Dream, so maybe she's getting ready to leave

Could be...I know a lot of my co-workers were off this week, it is high school spring break here as well as Brevard county, not to mention Easter weekend.

If you'd shown up at 1:30 like you were told, you would have only waited one hour. :rolleyes:

Told by Carnival or by 100% of the Cruse Critic members who answer the question about how to respond to an e-mail people receive (from CCL) about coming at a later than originally planned??

Archived