Wine shop in the cruise terminal

DonnaK

We were in San Juan the middle of the month and they were handing out samples using a Pina Colada mix and a German liqueur. I need to know the name of the liqueur. Should have taken a picture to help me remember. If you are in San Juan and can write the name for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Dixie. Where in San Juan? At the ship terminal? I will be there next week.
It was at the ship terminal. There was a little booth on the right as you exited the terminal. They had frozen drinks and one of them used Pina Colada mix and a german Liqueur. My hubby thinks it began with a W. I will really appreciate your help. Have a super cruise.

Did you try to get liquor on board? Haven't cruised out of SJ in a couple years....used to be a cinch. I've already ordered a couple BV bottles to be safe, but still wondering.;)

We didn't try. Holland America keeps everything until the cruise is finished and we didn't want to try to check it for fear it would break.

Dixie. I am boarding in SJ and not visiting for the day. I know they use different terminals. Were you boarding or stopping there?

We were stopping. Thank you for trying to help. Maybe they will have it when you board. I really just need the name.

After you go through security, you go an escalator and you'll see the liquor store in the corner there. Not much selection of wine, but they had a very good Puerto Rican wine that we brought on the ship, different variety. While I was there, I also purchased a couple other bottles of whiskey and after dinner liquor. I put those in my carry on before I left the store. My father, on the other hand, didn't realize he had to "hide" the liquor (I didn't know he even bought any) and was stopped when we went through final security, because he was carrying his bottle in a bag and probably told them "yes, I have liquor" - not knowing he isn't supposed to carry it on. Because mine was tucked away, Carnival never took it from me.

Does anyone know if they sell bottled water by the case at the pier?

Across from the store in the pier shops there was a kiosk selling water, I don't remember if it was a case or a 6 or 8 pack.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know for sure if you need to bring your soda, wine, water, etc with you at your original check in? Or are you able to leave the ship and come back on with "supplies?"

Just got back from a Celebrity cruise out of San Juan. Once we checked in, there was a store directly behind us. We bought 2 bottles of wine for $10 bucks each- they had a decent selection and I bought one red and one white. We also bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke and a 12 pack of water. We had to show them our sail and sign card which makes me think that they do keep track of whether or not you have purchased your alloted 2 bottles of wine. Yes, you could board first and come back and make your purchases if you wanted. However, when we boarded at 2:00 that afternoon there was only a couple diet coke 12 packs left and no other soda. They had run out.

Archived