!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I am imagine Sandy will one of her great reviews after her voyage. Thanks for following along, I hope to go through a lot tomorrow. Possibly even finish day 3 :)

Really Gambee....wouldn't that be akin to "gilding the lily" after your superlative review. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday!!!! Have a dirty martini,, or 2.

Edited by librarylady19

Started reading your review and have subscribed to it so I won't miss anything. Your photography is amazing! Also read your Allure and, thanks to you, Bugsey 4271's Oaisis review this week. Also following Chris on his "live" review. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us and all the hard work that goes into composing such a great review. Have a great Birthday!

sorry folks I was going start posting but then I saw Bugsy's pictures and I had to run and clean his sensor. There is no way he can travel like that, I know I could not.

I will try posting once I get home just before work. :)

Ok gambee, after catching up and reviewing a few early posts I have my first official questions. Specifically in post 178 and the Gorilla Pod, how much did the Gorilla Pod cost? Is it adaptable to different brands and types of cameras? It looks like a very durable accessory for stabilizing a camera. Thanks for the info when you get around to answering. :)

Edited by Eng23

sorry folks I was going start posting but then I saw Bugsy's pictures and I had to run and clean his sensor. There is no way he can travel like that, I know I could not.

I will try posting once I get home just before work. :)

HAHA! I totally saw the spots on a few of his pictures only because of the beginning of this review!! :p Now I am always going to be looking for "the spots!" Yes...unfortunately I have mild OCD! ~Thank again Gambee.. :D

Edited by swim13

Hi Gambee,

Whilst the camera I have is great for all things underwater and general shots the zoom is non existent. I have read up on the camera you have and really like what I have read but I was wondering if you can give a little bit of feedback on the zoom that comes with the camera. For someone that does want to be able to take long distance shots on vacation (once a year roughly) is the zoom enough or would you really recommend getting the other one you have?

Thank you

Carla :)

You might want to look at Sony dsc hx20v. Great for travel. How much do you want to carry?. Also 30v makes a great travel camera. I leave my dslr's at home. Gps is a bonus.

Bcook01atme.com

GAMBEE

I appreciate the amount of time and energy you have invested to create your reviews! Kudos. And thanks

Bob

You might want to look at Sony dsc hx20v. Great for travel. How much do you want to carry?. Also 30v makes a great travel camera. I leave my dslr's at home. Gps is a bonus.

Bcook01atme.com

GAMBEE

I appreciate the amount of time and energy you have invested to create your reviews! Kudos. And thanks

Bob

I have the Sony DSC hx20v :D If you are interested in the quality you can look at my review in my signature, I used that camera for my entire med. cruise. (with the exception of a few iPhone pics from my dad). For a point and shoot- it has great video/sound and panoramic capabilities. And the EDIT: I forgot to add, the #1 reason why I bought the Sony was because of the zoom, it has an incredible zoom!

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

I have the Sony DSC hx20v :D If you are interested in the quality you can look at my review in my signature, I used that camera for my entire med. cruise. (with the exception of a few iPhone pics from my dad). For a point and shoot- it has great video/sound and panoramic capabilities

That's actually my previous camera. Great pictures for that price point.

Happy birthday, Gambee. Although I think we're the ones who are getting the best present to tell you the truth! My husband and I sat down together last night and read all the updates on your review and laughed so hard. You're so comical. I hope one of these days we'll be lucky enough to have you on a future sailing!

Can you do us a favor, too? Could you post this review in the sticky at the top of the page, where it says "Back from your Celebrity sailing?" That way your story will be easy to find no matter how much time goes by. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839874

That's actually my previous camera. Great pictures for that price point.

I agree ;) I am debating about moving on up to a DSLR, your review might just have pushed me over the edge :D I am just worried about being paranoid the whole time of damaging/dropping it or someone stealing it :cool: p.s. Happy Birthday!

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

I agree ;) I am debating about moving on up to a DSLR, your review might just have pushed me over the edge :D I am just worried about being paranoid the whole time of damaging/dropping it or someone stealing it :cool: p.s. Happy Birthday!

I'm dropping in on this thread... ;) I ran into Gambee on our cruise at the MB and his camera size is so perfect that I am probably going to pick one up myself for our Mediterranean Cruise. I am a professional photographer and made the mistake of bringing my DSLR plus multiple lenses & gear on our Mexican cruise last summer. While the pictures turned out to be stunning, I had to lug them around with me EVERYWHERE because I was too paranoid about losing them or them getting stolen. As much as I would love to have the camera on my upcoming cruise to Europe, I just can't see myself bringing it with me everywhere and instead want to invest in a solid point and shoot. I didn't bring ANY camera with me except my iPhone for our Caribbean cruise last week, but the iPhone 5 seriously has an amazing camera on it that worked perfectly! (Minus no zoom.)

Anyway, all this to say that DSLRs aren't necessarily the way to go when traveling. I will definitely be following your recommendations to get a solid point and shoot for traveling. I'm on vacation, after all!

Lovin’ this review! I can’t believe I’m post #330 and you have just finished Day 1! Awesome work! Keep it up! By the way....did Mom get the martini stain out of her pants? If so, what did she use?

The trick as we learnt on NCL Epic in 2010, is to get ask for small glass of SODA water and some napkin. Put napkin in soda water and dab on the spills on clothes. Most times the stains disappear when dry.

Enjoying your review and the martinis!!

Ok, I am back from cleaning Bugsy camera sensor, I will respond later. Let first do this set, if not this review will never end. lol :D

I forgot to post a video from day two, it was taken at Tuscan. I tried very hard to get the size of the swells hitting the ship that night but it was very hard. This was the best I could do, hope you enjoy.

It is not the best video but you must able to get a gist :).