!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

We went while on Allure and it was best excursion!

Once downstairs I took some pictures.

DSC00765_zps7ba3e2d8.jpg

DSC00766_zps69ec70ff.jpg

DSC00768_zpsc5a44cf1.jpg

DSC00769_zps6711f224.jpg

DSC00770_zpsab25525d.jpg

It was extremely windy!!

DSC00771_zps1a535e67.jpg

That's it my friends, that's all I have for now. Ill try to post more tomorrow =)

Thanks for the awesome review and all the time an effort put into it! It is greatly appreciated and I am about to head over and read the breakaway review as that is our next adventure, so I am totally stoked to read your review.

Thanks again and safe travels!

You're very welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

Gambee,

Thanks so much for posting such a wonderful and comprehensive review of the Silhouette! We've been on the Solstice and are getting ready to book another S class ship and are excited!

I am going to read your other reviews -- I am a fan! :)

Thank you for posting, and reading the review.

Thank you gambee for the amazing review of X. I would love to take it with my DH, although it sounds a little tame for kids.

Thank you for turning me on to Luvtocruise53's review of star. I am in the middle and entranced. But sad to know he is gone, and only 53... Sensitive question is this: was he ill or was there an accident? I thought it was so touching that you and your mom toasted him. also sad to note he didn't make it on the breakaway trip he had planned...

Thank you gambee for the amazing review of X. I would love to take it with my DH, although it sounds a little tame for kids.

Thank you for turning me on to Luvtocruise53's review of star. I am in the middle and entranced. But sad to know he is gone, and only 53... Sensitive question is this: was he ill or was there an accident? I thought it was so touching that you and your mom toasted him. also sad to note he didn't make it on the breakaway trip he had planned...

No one knew anything, a CC member did some research and found a newspaper with the news. He did in his home, he must of been sick or maybe a heart attack?v stroke?

very sad indeed.

hey Gambee.....I read your allure review in 1 day...this one took 2.....both so helpful...we go on the Oasis and Allure b2b in Oct...cant wait and your review is such a help....we'll be on the sillouette oct 2014 for a 15 day TA out of Rome.....I have pages of notes for that cruise..forever indebted to your for the great job you do THANK YOU SO MUCH Carolyn

hey Gambee.....I read your allure review in 1 day...this one took 2.....both so helpful...we go on the Oasis and Allure b2b in Oct...cant wait and your review is such a help....we'll be on the sillouette oct 2014 for a 15 day TA out of Rome.....I have pages of notes for that cruise..forever indebted to your for the great job you do THANK YOU SO MUCH Carolyn

You're very welcome. Glad it helped :).

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Soon enough you start seeing all these little rafts with fishermen. Something that impacted me is how far they go away from shore, not only that but in a cloudy day like this one you could barely see land and at times you could not even see it. Vey scary.

My neighbor was of course blabbering aloud of how stupid these people were and what would make them go all the way out there for nothing. Apparently she has zero knowledge that some very unfortunate people go to extreme measures just to survive, instead she accused them of being stupid, while in the meantime she yelled across the balconies to see where her friend were going to go for breakfast…. The irony….

anyway,

Wow, sounds like you really had bad luck with neighbors. Such a shame that some people can be so thoughtless.

I read your Allure Review and had to pop on over to read this one, even though we have zero interest in sailing Celebrity. However, your lovely photos and commentary are simply too good to miss. After I finish this one, I'll go on to your NCL review. Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting the Breeze review, as Carnival is the line we sail most often.

I love how the bartenders pour the martini drinks. I have never seen that anywhere before. DH and I love our martinis, so may have to consider Celebrity just for the martini bar!

Thanks for providing so many enjoyable hours of reading entertainment to so many!

Best wishes to you and your family!!

I just had to add that I totally agree with you about not liking the over crowding of restaurants, especially the specialty restaurants. When you are paying extra to dine in a specialty restaurant, you should not be so close to your neighbors. That was our main issue with Princess and one of the reasons why we have not sailed Princess again. The tables were so close together that it was impossible not to overhear your neighbors' conversation. I do wish the cruise lines would take note of this and offer just a bit more space between the tables for two!!

May I ask what do you use these clips for and where did you get them? A way to keep track of which chair is yours perhaps?

I am not Gambee ;) but you can buy them at Bealls (if you have one near you; for others, Bealls is a FL store).

You can boy them at Bed Bath and Beyond. Just got several different styles last week. They are next to the beach towels display.

I am not Gambee ;) but you can buy them at Bealls (if you have one near you; for others' date=' Bealls is a FL store).[/quote']

You can boy them at Bed Bath and Beyond. Just got several different styles last week. They are next to the beach towels display.

They are called spring clamps... Available online like amazon or your local hardware store like Lowes, Homedepot

• 2 weeks later...
Just a little update, I had to cancel my Breeze cruise. But hope to out on the ocean soon enough :).

Gambee sorry you had to cancel your Cruise. Really stinks to cancel a cruise. I think you would have enjoyed the

Breeze. Like you said you'll be back on the sea again.

Bill

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

WOW! I just spent an hr going through your review....and I have already been on this ship and seen it all! WOW!

Great job, thanks for taking the time!

Thank you :), glad you enjoyed!

Gambee sorry you had to cancel your Cruise. Really stinks to cancel a cruise. I think you would have enjoyed the

Breeze. Like you said you'll be back on the sea again.

Bill

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

It happens, but as I type I think might be able to re-book a shorter one for later on in the month. Just have to see if it is plausible or not, hopefully :D

I will be sailing Celebrity on the Reflection for the first time in November. Can anyone tell me if this ship is similar? Enjoying the review very much!

I was on the Reflection and yes, very similiar to the Silhouette. The Reflection has a couple of new suite types, a two bedroom Reflection suite and Signature suites, both types are on the 14th deck and have private access to those guests only. So the Sky Lounge on the Reflection is much smaller then on the other Solstice class ships. The Reflection also has Aqua suites- sounds like Sky Suites with Aqua Class perks.

The Silhouette has fewer alcoves- but I believe all other venues are the same. Will be on the Silhouette for the first time January 5th, 2014 and be able to see first hand.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I was on the Reflection and yes, very similiar to the Silhouette. The Reflection has a couple of new suite types, a two bedroom Reflection suite and Signature suites, both types are on the 14th deck and have private access to those guests only. So the Sky Lounge on the Reflection is much smaller then on the other Solstice class ships. The Reflection also has Aqua suites- sounds like Sky Suites with Aqua Class perks.

The Silhouette has fewer alcoves- but I believe all other venues are the same. Will be on the Silhouette for the first time January 5th, 2014 and be able to see first hand.

They also eliminated Quasar and replaced it with a conference room.

I know I ran into you many times, I just didn't know it was you. We were right down the hall from you in 8252 and 8254 connecting. I remember some of your shorts and swim trunks that show up in some of your fisheye pics. LOL.

I really have been enjoying your reveiw, and I'm actually writing some stuff up for my personal blog, and if I can't remember some thing I'm using your review to jog my memory. :D

Hi, I will be in cabin 8252 on the Reflection. Can you tell me about the balcony? Thanks so much!