!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC05207_zpsede8c205.jpg

Gambee, my wife and I have been slowly going through your review and it's awesome! (Just got to the Qsine and Liar's Club portion.) We're going to be on this same cruise in January of 2014.

However, one thing we noticed was Lisa. She was the CD on Summit when we were sailed it! And that was only a month or so before your cruise! We both loved her and we're hoping she'll still be on board when we're on Silhouette.

Now then, back to your review! :)

Edited by Kevin T Brown

Gambee - I have spent today reading your review.

I have never been on a cruise and in the space of 6 months I will be on two! One is here in Australia to the Melbourne Cup - and the other is Celebrity Reflection on April 19 next year - to attend an onboard conference.

I am reading all I can to decide what I can do in the first two weeks of April before this cruise. I will be a solo cruiser.

Thankyou, thankyou for the time and detail you have put into your review. I feel I have done this cruise with you! It has given me insight into some of the ports and I have also learnt so much about cruising! Oh I felt so sorry for you with the noisy neighbours! I'm drooling over all those food pictures! I'm now going to read your other reviews as well.

It is people like you who make the world a better place!

Best wishes for your future cruises!

Heather

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Gambee ... want to take a moment to thank you so much for this review. I am in awe of you :). As an avid photographer (simple) and reviewer (also simple), I so appreciate the time you took with this review, the photos, etc. Our last Celebrity cruise was on Solstice and we were a little disappointed, but we've just booked this exact itinerary next April. So I am LOVING your review and photos. I'm reading it on your website instead of here just so I can just swallow it all up without the comments (not that there's anything wrong with that :) ).

One interesting point ... I had the exact same issue with the waffle/pancake station on Solstice in January 2012 so you would have thought they could fix that!!! No one lined up the other way and it was an absolute mess. Other than that the buffet ran so smoothly so it just makes no sense at all.

Thanks again for this amazing review. I really was so happy to find it (even though I found out I picked the wrong perk ... since we don't drink alcohol it never occured to me we'd be better off with that package, but your calculator tells me that even with limited beverages, that would have been the best choice). Oh, well:o

• 3 months later...

Hey gambee and mom!

I followed your review on Allure and have now read this one on X and am reading about Breakaway next. I absolutely adore your reviews and thank you for all the hard work you put into it and all your responses to the comments! I just found your "Cruise with Gambee" site and I love it! Very informative!

• 2 weeks later...

Great, great review. Going on the Silhouette in a few months and ate up every last detail you wrote!

I'm really stressing about the karaoke :p

No, really. I was on the Solstice and they did it in Quasar. I wonder why they didn't do that on the Silhouette? Much more of an intimate venue, IMO. I'll have to check on that and maybe make a suggestion once I'm onboard. I have my priorities and karaoke is one of them!

First world problems, here. LOL

Great, great review. Going on the Silhouette in a few months and ate up every last detail you wrote!

I'm really stressing about the karaoke :p

No, really. I was on the Solstice and they did it in Quasar. I wonder why they didn't do that on the Silhouette? Much more of an intimate venue, IMO. I'll have to check on that and maybe make a suggestion once I'm onboard. I have my priorities and karaoke is one of them!

First world problems, here. LOL

We were on Silhouette over New Years, and Karaoke was in Quasar. I'm not a huge fan, but did notice them a couple of times on our way from the theatre.

Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for you continued support, sorry that Ive been a little MIA, but I started college again and my time is extremely limited.

As for those of you asking for the future cruises, I not sure yet. I want to do something for spring break but I am not sure if it will be possible. We are also looking at our mom/son cruise this year and it looks like it will be August.

The possible ships are the Breeze, Oasis eastern, Getaway or maybe even Divina(at the right price).

Once again thank you all for your continued support :)

Thank you Gambee for a great review!! I am going on the silhouette in February and I am so glad I found your review!! I am going to friend you on facebook- if that's ok? So I won't miss your future reviews!! Thanks again!! Beth

Of course its ok, that is why I've created that facebook :-).

Have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hey Gambee, thanks for another great review!! I just booked the Silhouette today (S1 Sky Suite) and found your review as I was looking for info. Appreciate all the photos!!

I know we had traded numerous emails when I had done the Oasis cruise /review prior to your Allure cruise. Now I am looking forward to learning all about the Silhouette! Good luck with school and happy cruise planning :D

Edited by cruisinskier