What is best Freedom class ship for solo?

I want to enjoy a solo cruise on a Freedom class ship. I would appreciate opinions from those who have experience with this class. (Ports are of no interest to me - I just need to get some R&R on the ship.)

I know Freedom departs from Port Canaveral. I can look up the other departure ports (is there an easy way?) or those who respond could help me by indicating the departure port.

Many, many thanks. I really need this cruise.

Kathy

Well, Freedom of the Seas sails year round from Port Canaveral. Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas sail from Ft. Lauderdale during the winter season and then relocate to Europe for the summer. All three ships are pretty much identical in layout. There are minor differences on the theme/decor of the ships. There might be different shows between the three ships and of the three the Independence has not had the Oasis Class upgrades done yet. I have sailed solo on the Freedom and had a very good time each time.

Well, Freedom of the Seas sails year round from Port Canaveral. Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas sail from Ft. Lauderdale during the winter season and then relocate to Europe for the summer. All three ships are pretty much identical in layout. There are minor differences on the theme/decor of the ships. There might be different shows between the three ships and of the three the Independence has not had the Oasis Class upgrades done yet. I have sailed solo on the Freedom and had a very good time each time.

Well, you have certainly saved me a lot of clicking around. Thank you! I always cruise during cheapest time, so this specific information about departure ports is invaluable.

Since I am in love with Oasis class, believe I will choose between Freedom and Liberty.

Kathy

Came back a week ago from Freedom.... loved it. Happy to answer questions.... lots of 'stuff' in my blog in sig below.

Many thanks. Before I asked this question, I had been looking at Freedom. Good reviews for the way they handle B2B cruises, which I plan on taking. Freedom is in the lead so far.

Kathy

You are welcome. I think Freedom would be a good choice unless you really want to go to Europe for a cruise on one of the other two. Otherwise Liberty and Independence would be good for a fall or winter cruise. Seeing that you are in South Carolina, Port Canaveral would be an easy drive for you.

if you dont care about the ports - id take a transatlantic as they are really inexpensive.

Would do that in a heartbeat if ship would take me in both directions!!! Hate those flights!

Have never done a TA.

Kathy

Kathy – I see you are from SC. If you are driving, my recommendation is to take the Freedom. The Freedom class ships are basically the same and the drive to port Canaveral is not too bad.

Depending on the time of year - you can also take a Radiance class B2B2B from Tampa.

M

Archived