If we have passports and licenses, there is no need for birth certificates..right?

tasmith09

I should know this, this is our 3rd Carnival cruise...but I keep doubting myself.

The only forms of ID we need are just our passports and driver's licenses. Right? Leave our birth certificates at home?

Less than 4 weeks away:)

No need to bring birth certificates.

If you REALLY wanted to you could just get by with the passports. I'd also bring the license for easy ID.

Passport: Best ID you can have.

Take care,

Mike

I try to be prepared for contingencies. I bring our passports in my hidden security pocket and I put our state id cards, birth certificates, and marriage license in DH's carryon. If one of us suffers loss or theft, we've got the other set to get us on board.

You need to carry a photo id and your ship card when you are off the ship at ports.

I try to be prepared for contingencies. I bring our passports in my hidden security pocket and I put our state id cards, birth certificates, and marriage license in DH's carryon. If one of us suffers loss or theft, we've got the other set to get us on board.

Agree. I'm the same. No harm in keeping a BC in a safe place; it doesn't take up any space.

I bring a notebook on vacation with duplicates of Carnival docs, reservations, travel insurance docs, prepayments, emergency numbers, etc. I even have backup plans for what I would do if I missed the ship when I'm not on a Carnival excursion.

It's amazing how my notebook stops any games played by desk clerks, rental agencies, and other services while on vacation. No mysterious upcharges, no arguments about exactly how much I paid and what I paid for.

Oh my gosh.....when reading this I realized that they took my daughter's old passport and her birth certificate when we got her new one.

We've had the passport a few weeks now, but have NOT received the old one back (usually has holes punched across the end) nor her birth certificate. My son's old one came quickly.

I'll call the office tomorrow !

we brought my wifes just in case.. We recently got married she changed her name legally on her DL but not her passport We booked her under her maiden name (same as passport and BC) so just in case anyone looked at her DL and seen my last name we had back up plans.. We took passport DL BC and Marriage license.. Was a waste of time they looked at passport and cruise docs only..

we brought my wifes just in case.. We recently got married she changed her name legally on her DL but not her passport We booked her under her maiden name (same as passport and BC) so just in case anyone looked at her DL and seen my last name we had back up plans.. We took passport DL BC and Marriage license.. Was a waste of time they looked at passport and cruise docs only..

It wasn't a waste of time. You were prepared for any problems that you might encounter at the check in desk.

Bring a license for getting back in ship, That way you don't have to take your passport off the ship in ports

One of he main reasons I take my passport is because of the ports. if g-d forbid I get left at a port for any reason, having my passport will provide me with an easier (and much cheaper) way to get back home.

It has never happened to me but I have read stories here and I would not be caught in a non US port without my passport.

Archived