Princess website price past passengers

oratheeexplorer

I have noticed that since the spring sale is over, when I go in to check the price on a cruise, it is the same price before or after I sign in as a past passenger. It has always been less whenever I signed in as a past passenger. Now it is the same price as before I sign in. Is anyone else noticing this?

I have noticed that since the spring sale is over, when I go in to check the price on a cruise, it is the same price before or after I sign in as a past passenger. It has always been less whenever I signed in as a past passenger. Now it is the same price as before I sign in. Is anyone else noticing this?

Yes, I have and don't know why it is happening. Very frustrating!!

The past passenger pricing is not offered for all cruises.

And sometimes it may be offered some of the time for a cruise, but not all of the time.

That's strange, because whenever I've looked at cruises, if I forgot to sign in, after signing in it shows a lower price, might only be $50 less, but it always showed a lower price. I don't think I've ever had it show the same.

The past passenger pricing is not offered for all cruises.

And sometimes it may be offered some of the time for a cruise, but not all of the time.

That's strange, because whenever I've looked at cruises, if I forgot to sign in, after signing in it shows a lower price, might only be $50 less, but it always showed a lower price. I don't think I've ever had it show the same.

I've sometimes seen the same price whether signed in or not & with so many variables I don't think it's possible to figure out when it will happen.

I've been checking now and then for caribbean cruises in 2014 and yesterday when I logged on my saved cruises in "my princess", the prices have gone up about $50 or more per person. Also checked CA coastal for Sept/Oct 2013 and some of them have gone up too. The 2014 caribbean cruises are nowhere close to being full...most of them have loads of cabins left especially on the Royal. The coastal cruises still have plenty of cabins left too.

I don't understand their pricing this year.

I've been checking now and then for caribbean cruises in 2014 and yesterday when I logged on my saved cruises in "my princess", the prices have gone up about $50 or more per person. Also checked CA coastal for Sept/Oct 2013 and some of them have gone up too. The 2014 caribbean cruises are nowhere close to being full...most of them have loads of cabins left especially on the Royal. The coastal cruises still have plenty of cabins left too.

So wait till the price drops...it will :)

Same for me.....they are more than they were last week....none of them are showing the lower prices in red....and the same whether I am signed in or not signed in. I too noticed there is a LOT of availability on several caribbean cruises I'm keeping an eye on for January and February.

Well, there are three things going on. First, they might be seeing an uptick in bookings (thanks to Carnival more people may be looking at Princess). Second, for the Royal, it is a new ship so it will cost more in general. And third, if you are going to discount it pays to discount from a hight price to begin with. Save $200 off a fair that is $500 higher than last year is still a price boost. Meanwhile, you are thrilled!

I did book the Crown for a 14 day Caribbean because it was the last of the 14 day cruises before the Crown is repositioned. But, If I had no preference, I would shop around and keep my eyes open.

One thing I have noticed is that when you do see price drops it is often on only one cabin class so for insides, for example, the IF class might be discounted and the others are not. So you have to watch for that too...

Well, at least it keeps you occupied....;)

I don't want to hijack the thread but I have a questions about past passenger prices. I was told that you can get past passenger prices on any of the affiliated lines if you have sailed on one.

I have not sailed on Princess but have on Carnival (and others not affiliated). Can I just check the past passenger box to get the pricing? More simply, what is the procedure?

Dave

Archived