My cruise credits from 2011 conversion are finally right

A number of months ago I posted on this forum wondering if RCI would retroactively apply the conversion formula in effect as of January 2011 to a cruise that was missing from my history pre-conversion but was only discovered last fall. I emailed RCI which updated my cruise history quickly but I was given credit under the "new" system for my pre-2011 cruise. I emailed RCI asking that my points be awarded under the "old" system with no luck. So I posted a thread here asking the opinions of the more season cruisers and most said it was unlikely RCI would award me credits under the old system. After a second email attempt, I gave up and booked a 4 day cruise which was enough to get me to Diamond status.

Wouldn't you know several months later, I log in to my account today and see more cruise credits. When I checked my cruise history, it looks like someone posted an adjustment dated back to January 2011 to get my total cumulative points to where they should have been in the first place. Better late than never, I suppose. Moral of the story is, there might still be hope for any of you in the same situation.

Great news--maybe hope for me!!

I have 4 - seven day cruises under the old point system that they can't find my name listed on the passenger list or the reservation number but they can find x-husband and children, that I can't get credit for..any suggestions

I have 4 - seven day cruises under the old point system that they can't find my name listed on the passenger list or the reservation number but they can find x-husband and children, that I can't get credit for..any suggestions

Do you have a picture of yourself taken by the cruise ship that gives the date of the cruise? I had one that was missing. But, I had the embarkation photo and one from a port of call. It was proof that I was on the cruise.

They gave me credit.

Do you have any photos of you on the ship? They are pretty good about giving credit if you can provide something from the cruise.

The only photo we decided to get were the formal pictures, no date or ship info, I am looking for pictures that may have been taken aboard the ship but so far all of them I am the one taking pictures so none with me. Lesson learned make sure to purchase the embarkation pictures no matter how bad they are and keep all seapass cards.

The only photo we decided to get were the formal pictures, no date or ship info, I am looking for pictures that may have been taken aboard the ship but so far all of them I am the one taking pictures so none with me. Lesson learned make sure to purchase the embarkation pictures no matter how bad they are and keep all seapass cards.

Even the formal night pic should work. It will sho you with the rest of the family. Also--each of the official cruise pics have a number on them. [sometimes on back] RC should take this as proof.

Thank for that info, I told C&A that is all I had, they said since it didn't show what ship it would not work, I will have to look on the back of the picture to see if there is a number. I have argued with them so much with no luck I had just given up, cant convince them what man would bring children on a cruise with them without their mother back in the late 80s and early 90's....they just don't get it.

Archived